OT: Wednesday Wacky

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Frisbee®, Dec 6, 2006.

  1. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    Swedish astronaut in Discovery's new crew was once a national champion
    He's bringing a disc to space...read on...

    Peter Mc
    www.ThisIsUltimate.com

    Associated Press:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s//ap/20061203/ap_on_sc/shuttle_crew

    Christer Fuglesang, European Space Agency

    Age: 49

    Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden.

    Family: Married, three children.

    Once Discovery reaches 62 miles above Earth, Fuglesang will become the
    first Swede in space, a title he has been working toward since 1992
    when he joined the European Space Agency. Along with Germany's Thomas
    Reiter, he was selected for a joint mission between Europe and Russia
    in 1995 but ended up being part of the back-up crew.

    "I realize there is a lot of interest in Sweden and I'm happy about
    that," he said.

    Fuglesang received a master's degree in engineering physics from the
    Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. He earned a doctorate in
    experimental particle physics from the University of Stockholm and
    later became a docent in particle physics at the university.

    He joined the astronaut corps in 1996 and then went on to train on a
    Russian Soyuz spacecraft, earning a certificate that would allow him to
    command a Soyuz during a return trip to Earth.

    During Discovery's mission, he will conduct the first two spacewalks
    with Curbeam.

    A former Swedish national Frisbee champion, Fuglesang plans to bring a
    Frisbee up to space. During a live satellite link-up with children on
    Earth, he'll try to set the record for maximum time aloft. Of course,
    he'll get an assist from zero gravity.

    Frisbee®, Dec 6, 2006

  2. Frisbee®

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Swedish astronaut in Discovery's new crew was once a national champion
    > He's bringing a disc to space...read on...

    OK. But remember, they already played _real_ golf on the moon.

    kpg, Dec 6, 2006

  3. Frisbee®

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Wednesday Wacky

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > "I realize there is a lot of interest in Sweden and I'm happy about
    > that," he said.

    A lot of interest in Sweden? I don't think they should be sending mental
    patients to conduct serious scientific business in space.

    Briscobar, Dec 6, 2006