    to see your cute photos of Pussy the cat.

    http://photo.weather.com/interact/photogallery/results.html?dateOfPhoto=&locid=USFL0372

    OK, I'm finished whining.
    Cynicor, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Cynicor

    Sheldon Guest

    Re: Weather Channel photo contest

    "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I sent a photo of T.S. Arlene's outer bands to the Weather Channel's
    >"weather photo of the day" contest. Then I went and looked at the page. I
    >think the rest of the pictures on this page should be disqualified for
    > being lousy and not weather-related. I mean, what the hell? NO ONE wants
    > to see your cute photos of Pussy the cat.
    >
    > http://photo.weather.com/interact/photogallery/results.html?dateOfPhoto=&locid=USFL0372
    >
    > OK, I'm finished whining.

    It doesn't look like there are any rules or criteria for this "contest."
    However, it does look like they give special consideration to weather
    photos. If Pussy the cat was flying away in a tornado THAT would be a hell
    of a shot.
    Sheldon, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Re: Weather Channel photo contest

    Sheldon wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I sent a photo of T.S. Arlene's outer bands to the Weather Channel's
    >>"weather photo of the day" contest. Then I went and looked at the page. I
    >>think the rest of the pictures on this page should be disqualified for
    >>being lousy and not weather-related. I mean, what the hell? NO ONE wants
    >>to see your cute photos of Pussy the cat.
    >>
    >>http://photo.weather.com/interact/photogallery/results.html?dateOfPhoto=&locid=USFL0372
    >>
    >>OK, I'm finished whining.

    > It doesn't look like there are any rules or criteria for this "contest."
    > However, it does look like they give special consideration to weather
    > photos. If Pussy the cat was flying away in a tornado THAT would be a hell
    > of a shot.

    There are some good shots that are weather related, tho. Here's the
    caption from one.

    *** *** ***

    Submitted by: Ramona Ludgood
    Photo Date: 12/13/1901
    Subject: Rain
    Photo Location: Orlando, FL

    Get the forecast for this location
    The image isn't at all current, but most weather patterns haven't
    changed much in a bit over a C.

    --
    John McWilliams
    Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
    John McWilliams, Jun 21, 2005