[OT] Weapons of Mass Photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Richard Cockburn, May 15, 2004.

  1. Richard Cockburn, May 15, 2004

  2. Richard Cockburn

    Bowzre Guest

    Bowzre, May 15, 2004

  3. Richard Cockburn, May 15, 2004
  4. Richard Cockburn

    Rick Guest

    "Richard Cockburn" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94E9DB09DECB8cockburnwebjettersco@130.133.1.4...
    > "Bowzre" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Needs a sign up. Forget it.

    > Hmmmn. Strange. It didn't when I clicked from Google News.
    >
    > It is a syndicated article. Here's a few more links:

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.page13may13,0,7631101.s
    tory?coll=bal-oped-headlines

    http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=weapons of mass phot
    ography

    Idiotic article, not worth the trouble to read.

    Rick, May 15, 2004
  5. Richard Cockburn

    Charlie Self Guest

    Rick responds:

    >> It is a syndicated article. Here's a few more links:
    >>

    >http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.page13may13,0,7631101.s
    >tory?coll=bal-oped-headlines
    >>

    >http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=weapons of mass phot
    >ography
    >>

    >Idiotic article, not worth the trouble to read.

    Funny. I thought it was well written, mildly amusing and fairly accurate.

    Charlie Self
    "In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence
    is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of
    office." Ambrose Bierce

    Charlie Self, May 15, 2004
  6. Richard Cockburn

    Rick Guest

    "Charlie Self" <> wrote in message
    > Rick responds:
    >

    > >> It is a syndicated article. Here's a few more links:
    > >>

    >http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.page13may13,0,7631101.

    > >tory?coll=bal-oped-headlines
    > >>

    >http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=weapons of mass pho

    > >ography
    > >>

    > >Idiotic article, not worth the trouble to read.

    > Funny. I thought it was well written, mildly amusing and fairly accurate.

    Funny, I thought it was strident, unamusing and completely inaccurate.

    Rick, May 15, 2004
  7. Richard Cockburn

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Rick"

    >Funny, I thought it was strident, unamusing and completely inaccurate.

    You talking about Rumsfeld or the article?

    I thought the part about Rumsfeld was very telling. He perfectly exemplified
    the Pentagon mentality and that of the current regime when he bemoaned the use
    of digital cameras and giving the photos to the media before the Pentagon had a
    chance to edit/approve/spin them.

    It's that damn liberal media's fault for reporting all the atrocities we
    commit!

    Annika1980, May 15, 2004
  8. Richard Cockburn

    Charlie Self Guest

    Rick responds:

    >> Rick responds:

    >>http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.page13may13,0,7631101.

    >> >tory?coll=bal-oped-headlines
    >> >>

    >>http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=weapons of mass pho

    >> >ography
    >> >>

    >> >Idiotic article, not worth the trouble to read.

    >> Funny. I thought it was well written, mildly amusing and fairly accurate.
    >>

    >Funny, I thought it was strident, unamusing and completely inaccurate.

    Inaccurate in what part? The humor is in the eye of the beholder, so there's no
    arguing there, but I totally missed any sense of stridency.

    Charlie Self, May 15, 2004
  9. Richard Cockburn

    Rick Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Rick"

    > >Funny, I thought it was strident, unamusing and completely inaccurate.
    > >

    > You talking about Rumsfeld or the article?

    Don't act more stupid than I even suspected you were.

    Rick, May 15, 2004
  10. Richard Cockburn

    > Rick responds:
    >
    > >> Rick responds:

    >>http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.page13may13,0,7631101

    ..

    >>http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&q=weapons of mass ph

    > >> Funny. I thought it was well written, mildly amusing and fairly

    accurate.

    > >Funny, I thought it was strident, unamusing and completely inaccurate.
    > >

    > Inaccurate in what part? The humor is in the eye of the beholder, so

    there's no
    > arguing there, but I totally missed any sense of stridency.

    Then you simply weren't paying attention. The stridency was there from the
    first paragraph on.

    Rick, May 15, 2004
  11. Richard Cockburn

    Charlie Self Guest

    Rick responds:

    >"Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    >> >From: "Rick"

    >> >Funny, I thought it was strident, unamusing and completely inaccurate.
    >> >

    >> You talking about Rumsfeld or the article?

    >Don't act more stupid than I even suspected you were.

    I can see why you missed the humor in the article. And I can further udnerstand
    why my twit filter is getting clogged.

    Charlie Self, May 15, 2004