OT: Washing Machine

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The Flash, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. The Flash

    The Flash Guest

    Hello, I remember seeing a post some time ago about fixing gentle annie
    washing machines, sure enough our one has broken down again! (It had the LV
    martins 5 year thing on it and seemed to require fixing every year or so for
    some problem!)

    What I would like to find is what the fault is and what it should cost to
    fix, as a couple of freinds of ours have had terrible experiances getting
    their gentle annie fixed (their last bill was over $500 to have a new pump
    and a recond controller fitted!)

    So the questions I would like answered if possible,

    1)How do i go into diagnostics mode and how do I interprate the readout?

    2) Should I purchase the parts and fit them myself? (I have changed the
    controller in an FP Electronic dryer ok but MAN they made it hard to get the
    controller!)

    3) If the answer to 2 is yes who is the best source for parts in the hutt
    valley / wellinton area?

    4)If the answer is No to 2, Who should I contact that can do the job and not
    rip me blind on billing?

    Thanks all.

    The Flash, Nov 14, 2004

  2. The Flash said the following on 15/11/2004 11:04:
    > Hello, I remember seeing a post some time ago about fixing gentle annie
    > washing machines, sure enough our one has broken down again! (It had the LV
    > martins 5 year thing on it and seemed to require fixing every year or so for
    > some problem!)
    >
    > What I would like to find is what the fault is and what it should cost to
    > fix, as a couple of freinds of ours have had terrible experiances getting
    > their gentle annie fixed (their last bill was over $500 to have a new pump
    > and a recond controller fitted!)
    >
    > So the questions I would like answered if possible,
    >
    > 1)How do i go into diagnostics mode and how do I interprate the readout?
    >
    > 2) Should I purchase the parts and fit them myself? (I have changed the
    > controller in an FP Electronic dryer ok but MAN they made it hard to get the
    > controller!)
    >
    > 3) If the answer to 2 is yes who is the best source for parts in the hutt
    > valley / wellinton area?
    >
    > 4)If the answer is No to 2, Who should I contact that can do the job and not
    > rip me blind on billing?
    >
    > Thanks all.

    OT is fine but twice in an hour just repeating the post oh well no
    accounting for some people.

    The post I remember was over in NZ.TECH

    Might pay to post there

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |