OT: Wacky Wednesday

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Frisbee®, Oct 31, 2007.

  1. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    What song do you want played at your funeral?

    Tonight my wife surprised me by telling me she had a new song she'd found
    that she would like played at her funeral. "This Old Road" by Kris
    Kristofferson.

    Even though I had never thought about it before, the song I decided that I'd
    like played came to me instantly. "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO.

    It's one of the songs I know that brings back memories of a relatively happy
    time in my life. I was young, healthy, a non-smoker, still had all my hair,
    and was in the Air Force with a cushy job where I'd work five days of 12
    hours, then had nine straight days off to play table tennis and disc golf.
    Often, when I'd drive my El Camino to the disc golf course, that song would
    come on the radio and it would just pump me up to just relax and have some
    fun.

    Other songs I'd consider:

    Forever Autumn (not sure of singer, but one of the Moody Bliues guys) from
    about the same time frame and for almost the same reasons.

    Return to Pooh Corner (singer also eludes me at the moment for some reason)
    because that's the song I'd sing to my kids at bed-time when they were
    younger.

    Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. I don't know why, I just like it.

    Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. It would creep my friends out but I
    like it too.
    Frisbee®, Oct 31, 2007

  2. Frisbee®

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > What song do you want played at your funeral?
    >
    > Tonight my wife surprised me by telling me she had a new song she'd
    > found that she would like played at her funeral. "This Old Road" by
    > Kris Kristofferson.
    >
    > Even though I had never thought about it before, the song I decided
    > that I'd like played came to me instantly. "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO.
    >
    > It's one of the songs I know that brings back memories of a relatively
    > happy time in my life. I was young, healthy, a non-smoker, still had
    > all my hair, and was in the Air Force with a cushy job where I'd work
    > five days of 12 hours, then had nine straight days off to play table
    > tennis and disc golf. Often, when I'd drive my El Camino to the disc
    > golf course, that song would come on the radio and it would just pump
    > me up to just relax and have some fun.
    >
    > Other songs I'd consider:
    >
    > Forever Autumn (not sure of singer, but one of the Moody Bliues guys)
    > from about the same time frame and for almost the same reasons.
    >
    > Return to Pooh Corner (singer also eludes me at the moment for some
    > reason) because that's the song I'd sing to my kids at bed-time when
    > they were younger.
    >
    > Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. I don't know why, I just like it.
    >
    > Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. It would creep my friends out
    > but I like it too.

    Good choices!

    For me:
    Nina Simone, Feelin' Good

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Oct 31, 2007

  3. Frisbee®

    TheITGirl Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> What song do you want played at your funeral?
    >>
    >> Tonight my wife surprised me by telling me she had a new song she'd
    >> found that she would like played at her funeral. "This Old Road" by
    >> Kris Kristofferson.
    >>
    >> Even though I had never thought about it before, the song I decided
    >> that I'd like played came to me instantly. "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO.
    >>
    >> It's one of the songs I know that brings back memories of a relatively
    >> happy time in my life. I was young, healthy, a non-smoker, still had
    >> all my hair, and was in the Air Force with a cushy job where I'd work
    >> five days of 12 hours, then had nine straight days off to play table
    >> tennis and disc golf. Often, when I'd drive my El Camino to the disc
    >> golf course, that song would come on the radio and it would just pump
    >> me up to just relax and have some fun.
    >>
    >> Other songs I'd consider:
    >>
    >> Forever Autumn (not sure of singer, but one of the Moody Bliues guys)
    >> from about the same time frame and for almost the same reasons.
    >>
    >> Return to Pooh Corner (singer also eludes me at the moment for some
    >> reason) because that's the song I'd sing to my kids at bed-time when
    >> they were younger.
    >>
    >> Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. I don't know why, I just like it.
    >>
    >> Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. It would creep my friends out
    >> but I like it too.
    >>

    > Good choices!
    >

    > For me:
    > Nina Simone, Feelin' Good
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    I've always liked the idea of having "Keep on Loving You" by REO Speedwagon

    (BTW Frisbee, Justin Hayward was the "Forever Autumn" singer)

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Nov 1, 2007
  4. Frisbee®

    CBIC Guest

    "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >>
    >>> What song do you want played at your funeral?
    >>>
    >>> Tonight my wife surprised me by telling me she had a new song she'd
    >>> found that she would like played at her funeral. "This Old Road" by
    >>> Kris Kristofferson.
    >>>
    >>> Even though I had never thought about it before, the song I decided
    >>> that I'd like played came to me instantly. "Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO.
    >>>
    >>> It's one of the songs I know that brings back memories of a relatively
    >>> happy time in my life. I was young, healthy, a non-smoker, still had
    >>> all my hair, and was in the Air Force with a cushy job where I'd work
    >>> five days of 12 hours, then had nine straight days off to play table
    >>> tennis and disc golf. Often, when I'd drive my El Camino to the disc
    >>> golf course, that song would come on the radio and it would just pump
    >>> me up to just relax and have some fun.
    >>>
    >>> Other songs I'd consider:
    >>>
    >>> Forever Autumn (not sure of singer, but one of the Moody Bliues guys)
    >>> from about the same time frame and for almost the same reasons.
    >>>
    >>> Return to Pooh Corner (singer also eludes me at the moment for some
    >>> reason) because that's the song I'd sing to my kids at bed-time when
    >>> they were younger.
    >>>
    >>> Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. I don't know why, I just like it.
    >>>
    >>> Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. It would creep my friends out
    >>> but I like it too.
    >>>

    >> Good choices!
    >>

    >> For me:
    >> Nina Simone, Feelin' Good
    >>
    >> --
    >> Catwalker
    >> MCNGP #43
    >> www.mcngp.com
    >> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    > I've always liked the idea of having "Keep on Loving You" by REO
    > Speedwagon
    >
    > (BTW Frisbee, Justin Hayward was the "Forever Autumn" singer)

    You guys are way to mushy. For me it would have to be "highway to h3ll" by
    AC/DC
    CBIC, Nov 1, 2007
  5. CBIC wrote:
    > "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message
    >> "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Frisbee®" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >>> Good choices!
    >>>

    >>> For me:
    >>> Nina Simone, Feelin' Good
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Catwalker
    >>> MCNGP #43
    >>> www.mcngp.com
    >>> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    >> I've always liked the idea of having "Keep on Loving You" by REO
    >> Speedwagon
    >>
    >> (BTW Frisbee, Justin Hayward was the "Forever Autumn" singer)
    >>

    > You guys are way to mushy. For me it would have to be "highway to h3ll" by
    > AC/DC

    Ring of Fire!
    Mostly Gizzards, Nov 1, 2007
  6. Frisbee®

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Mostly Gizzards" <> wrote in message

    > Ring of Fire!

    Is that an indication of where you're headed for when you leave us? <g>

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Nov 1, 2007
  7. Frisbee®

    JaR Guest

    CBIC wrote:

    > > I've always liked the idea of having "Keep on Loving You" by REO
    > > Speedwagon
    > >
    > > (BTW Frisbee, Justin Hayward was the "Forever Autumn" singer)
    > >

    > You guys are way to mushy. For me it would have to be "highway to
    > h3ll" by AC/DC

    I agree. I'd like "Inna Gadda Da Vida" ~ Iron Butterfly

    And they better leave in the drum solo!

    --
    JaR
    Or maybe "Purple Haze"
    JaR, Nov 1, 2007
  8. Frisbee®

    Jtyc Guest

    The song Willy Wonka sings while going throught the tunnel on the chocolate
    river.
    Jtyc, Nov 1, 2007
  9. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > The song Willy Wonka sings while going throught the tunnel on the
    > chocolate river.

    There's no way to know where we are going.
    Is it raining is it snowing?
    Is the grim reaper mowing?
    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2007
  10. Frisbee®

    kpg* Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:uFQZzDKHIHA.3548
    @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

    > "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> The song Willy Wonka sings while going throught the tunnel on the
    >> chocolate river.

    > There's no way to know where we are going.
    > Is it raining is it snowing?
    > Is the grim reaper mowing?

    Sure. and there had better be plenty of Fancy Bread.
    kpg*, Nov 1, 2007