OT: Vista voice-recognition :-)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jud Hendrix, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Homer J. Simpson, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Jud Hendrix

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Re: Vista voice-recognition :)

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:45:55 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    >Not exactly my definition of a "crash",

    Not my naming!

    >nor is this a showstopper by any stretch.

    Not at all. It was just a fun vid, and voice-recognition is still not as
    advanced yet as Hollywood makes us believe :))

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Jud Hendrix

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Re: Vista voice-recognition :)

    "Jud Hendrix" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:45:55 -0400, "Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Not exactly my definition of a "crash",

    > Not my naming!
    >
    >>nor is this a showstopper by any stretch.

    > Not at all. It was just a fun vid, and voice-recognition is still not as
    > advanced yet as Hollywood makes us believe :))

    I've used it on occasion through the years. At times, it's helpful. But
    mostly for taking notes for myself when doing sales calls, etc. I've tried
    it for dictating letters, and had some embarrassing results. The problem is
    it always spells words correctly, but as you saw, not always the correct
    word. Unless you proof read...not skim read...every word, you can end up
    with some strange results.

    -Larry
    Larry Hodges, Aug 28, 2006
  5. Jud Hendrix

    John Barnes Guest

    Re: Vista voice-recognition :)

    Have you read these newsgroups? Even when posters type the text you end up
    with strange results. :)

    John Barnes, Aug 28, 2006
  6. Jud Hendrix

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Re: Vista voice-recognition :)

    Agreed.

    I just IMed this video link to my buddy at Microsoft. He used to code for
    that department and got a laugh out of it.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Aug 28, 2006
  7. Re: Vista voice-recognition :)

    'Voice-Wreckognition', gave me a healthy 'larf'. In all honesty, though -
    the presenters would be pressed to find someone with more indistinct
    diction?

    I couldn't have typed it better myself, and only much slower!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 29, 2006