OT: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by catcher, May 23, 2006.

  1. catcher

    catcher Guest

    I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -
    the amount of time our call monitoring software records us using the
    phone. Doesn't matter how productive we are in terms of sales (I am
    number one or two in a 10-person office every month), we have to
    explain ourselves if our phone time doesn't meet his expectations.

    A good part of my job involves email communication with clients. Of
    course, if I'm typing an email message and paying attention, I can't
    be on the phone.

    So I'm looking for some US phone numbers that ring to recordings that
    just play and play and play while I type. Not voice mail systems, or
    spell-by-name directories, where I have to press keys to keep it
    active. Just something where I can dial in, maybe punch one or two
    keys, and have a recording playing endlessly. Soothing recorded music
    would be ideal, but I can't be picky. I just want lots of phone
    numbers that I can use to keep my boss off my back.

    BTW, 704-359-4910 is one ideal example. Press 1 for English, 8 for
    directions, and that thing will play for hours if you ask it. If only
    it played music!

    Any tips, please, I'd welcome.
    catcher, May 23, 2006

  2. catcher

    Guest

    catcher <> wrote:

    |>BTW, 704-359-4910 is one ideal example. Press 1 for English, 8 for
    |>directions, and that thing will play for hours if you ask it. If only
    |>it played music!

    Charlottedouglas International Airport - in case your wondering...

    --
    http://interact10ways.com/usa/information_interactive.htm
    , May 23, 2006

  3. catcher

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    > So I'm looking for some US phone numbers that ring to recordings that
    > just play and play and play while I type.

    Pick most any technology-related company, and call their technical support
    line.

    =)

    steve
    Steve Wolfe, May 23, 2006
  4. catcher

    Whiskers Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.]
    On 2006-05-23, catcher <> wrote:

    snip

    > Newsgroups: alt.revenge,rec.photo.digital,24hoursupport.helpdesk

    snip

    Curious choice of newsgroups ...

    > I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -
    > the amount of time our call monitoring software records us using the
    > phone. Doesn't matter how productive we are in terms of sales (I am
    > number one or two in a 10-person office every month), we have to
    > explain ourselves if our phone time doesn't meet his expectations.
    >
    > A good part of my job involves email communication with clients. Of
    > course, if I'm typing an email message and paying attention, I can't
    > be on the phone.

    snip

    > Any tips, please, I'd welcome.

    You seem to have a boss who doesn't actually know how his own business
    works. I suggest that you start looking for a job that is less likely to
    vanish at short notice, eg when the phone bill exceeds the income; or of
    course, you could try to explain to your boss how it is that you are so
    productive with this new-fangled internet and email stuff, and how it is
    so much cheaper to use email than telephone. If he doesn't like the idea
    of more income for less outgo, then you should start looking for a new job
    urgently.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 23, 2006
  5. catcher

    Helen Guest

    "catcher" <> wrote in message
    >I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -

    I can think of absolutely no reason on earth that you would post this crap
    to rec.photo.digital.
    I mean, who gives a bugger about your job, your boss or your phone time?
    Helen, May 23, 2006