OT: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by catcher, May 23, 2006.

  1. catcher

    catcher Guest

    I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -
    the amount of time our call monitoring software records us using the
    phone. Doesn't matter how productive we are in terms of sales (I am
    number one or two in a 10-person office every month), we have to
    explain ourselves if our phone time doesn't meet his expectations.

    A good part of my job involves email communication with clients. Of
    course, if I'm typing an email message and paying attention, I can't
    be on the phone.

    So I'm looking for some US phone numbers that ring to recordings that
    just play and play and play while I type. Not voice mail systems, or
    spell-by-name directories, where I have to press keys to keep it
    active. Just something where I can dial in, maybe punch one or two
    keys, and have a recording playing endlessly. Soothing recorded music
    would be ideal, but I can't be picky. I just want lots of phone
    numbers that I can use to keep my boss off my back.

    BTW, 704-359-4910 is one ideal example. Press 1 for English, 8 for
    directions, and that thing will play for hours if you ask it. If only
    it played music!

    Any tips, please, I'd welcome.
    catcher, May 23, 2006

  2. catcher

    Guest

    catcher <> wrote:

    |>BTW, 704-359-4910 is one ideal example. Press 1 for English, 8 for
    |>directions, and that thing will play for hours if you ask it. If only
    |>it played music!

    Charlottedouglas International Airport - in case your wondering...

    --
    http://interact10ways.com/usa/information_interactive.htm
    , May 23, 2006

  3. catcher

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    > So I'm looking for some US phone numbers that ring to recordings that
    > just play and play and play while I type.

    Pick most any technology-related company, and call their technical support
    line.

    =)

    steve
    Steve Wolfe, May 23, 2006
  4. catcher

    Whiskers Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.]
    On 2006-05-23, catcher <> wrote:

    snip

    > Newsgroups: alt.revenge,rec.photo.digital,24hoursupport.helpdesk

    snip

    Curious choice of newsgroups ...

    > I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -
    > the amount of time our call monitoring software records us using the
    > phone. Doesn't matter how productive we are in terms of sales (I am
    > number one or two in a 10-person office every month), we have to
    > explain ourselves if our phone time doesn't meet his expectations.
    >
    > A good part of my job involves email communication with clients. Of
    > course, if I'm typing an email message and paying attention, I can't
    > be on the phone.

    snip

    > Any tips, please, I'd welcome.

    You seem to have a boss who doesn't actually know how his own business
    works. I suggest that you start looking for a job that is less likely to
    vanish at short notice, eg when the phone bill exceeds the income; or of
    course, you could try to explain to your boss how it is that you are so
    productive with this new-fangled internet and email stuff, and how it is
    so much cheaper to use email than telephone. If he doesn't like the idea
    of more income for less outgo, then you should start looking for a new job
    urgently.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 23, 2006
  5. catcher

    Helen Guest

    "catcher" <> wrote in message
    >I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -

    I can think of absolutely no reason on earth that you would post this crap
    to rec.photo.digital.
    I mean, who gives a bugger about your job, your boss or your phone time?
    Helen, May 23, 2006
  6. catcher

    Bubba Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote in message

    > "catcher" <> wrote in message
    >>I work in inside sales and my boss is a fiend about our "phone time" -

    > I can think of absolutely no reason on earth that you would post this crap
    > to rec.photo.digital.
    > I mean, who gives a bugger about your job, your boss or your phone time?

    I can see no reason why you would post this crap here either. Without
    posting a picture of your tits, your complaint will not even be considered.
    Bubba, May 28, 2006
  7. catcher

    John Evan Guest

    Bubba wrote:
    >... tits....

    Hello?
    John Evan, May 28, 2006
  8. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <nQleg.824$T%>, John Evan says...

    > Bubba wrote:
    > >... tits....

    > Hello?

    Good-bye??

    --

    "I never knew there were corners in time
    until I was told to go stand in one"
    Du Haxen Hase, May 28, 2006
  9. catcher

    John Evan Guest

    Du Haxen Hase wrote:
    > In article <nQleg.824$T%>, John Evan says...
    >

    >>Bubba wrote:
    >>
    >>>... tits....

    >> Hello?

    > Good-bye??

    Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    Well, except if they look like fried eggs on a nail, like Mmmary's.

    ( I was a "Tracker" for the CoT at one time, so I remember what hooters
    are!)
    John Evan, May 28, 2006
  10. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <eLmeg.830$T%>, John Evan says...

    > Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > >> Hello?

    > > Good-bye??

    > Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    My meower instincts - any excuse to start a cascade

    > Well, except if they look like fried eggs on a nail, like Mmmary's.

    Aha - I missed the 'tell' in the headers previously

    > ( I was a "Tracker" for the CoT at one time, so I remember what hooters
    > are!)

    Yes you were. And I was the next in that fabled lineage. V5.0

    Du Haxen Hase, May 28, 2006
  11. catcher

    John Evan Guest

    Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > In article <eLmeg.830$T%>, John Evan says...
    >

    >>Du Haxen Hase wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <nQleg.824$T%>, John Evan says...

    >>>Good-bye??

    >>Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    > My meower instincts - any excuse to start a cascade
    >

    >>Well, except if they look like fried eggs on a nail, like Mmmary's.

    > Aha - I missed the 'tell' in the headers previously
    >
    >>( I was a "Tracker" for the CoT at one time, so I remember what hooters
    >>are!)

    > Yes you were. And I was the next in that fabled lineage. V5.0

    How time fly's.

    Ok then.
    A beer,(none of that Zima crap :) a deep sigh for the long lost Kimchi
    jar, and may hooters always be large, firm, yet perky!
    John Evan, May 28, 2006
  12. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <q7neg.831$T%>, John Evan says...

    > Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > >>Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    > > My meower instincts - any excuse to start a cascade
    > >

    > >>Well, except if they look like fried eggs on a nail, like Mmmary's.

    > > Aha - I missed the 'tell' in the headers previously
    > >
    > >>( I was a "Tracker" for the CoT at one time, so I remember what hooters
    > >>are!)

    > > Yes you were. And I was the next in that fabled lineage. V5.0

    > How time fly's.
    >
    > Ok then.
    > A beer,(none of that Zima crap :) a deep sigh for the long lost Kimchi
    > jar, and may hooters always be large, firm, yet perky!

    Brosit!

    And while I'm certain that Janie's are of the fried egg variety,
    you're welcome to pile on for old time's sake...

    Du Haxen Hase, May 28, 2006
  13. catcher

    John Evan Guest

    Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > In article <q7neg.831$T%>, John Evan says...
    >

    >>Du Haxen Hase wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article <eLmeg.830$T%>, John Evan says...

    >>>My meower instincts - any excuse to start a cascade

    >>>Aha - I missed the 'tell' in the headers previously

    >>>Yes you were. And I was the next in that fabled lineage. V5.0

    >>How time fly's.
    >>
    >>Ok then.
    >> A beer,(none of that Zima crap :) a deep sigh for the long lost Kimchi
    >>jar, and may hooters always be large, firm, yet perky!

    > Brosit!
    >
    > And while I'm certain that Janie's are of the fried egg variety,
    > you're welcome to pile on for old time's sake...

    Hopefully, nothing a pile of very crispy bacon can't fix to smother
    runny/droopy eggs that look like tits.
    John Evan, May 28, 2006
  14. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <yqpeg.840$T%>, John Evan says...

    > Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > >>How time fly's.
    > >>
    > >>Ok then.
    > >> A beer,(none of that Zima crap :) a deep sigh for the long lost Kimchi
    > >>jar, and may hooters always be large, firm, yet perky!

    > > Brosit!
    > >
    > > And while I'm certain that Janie's are of the fried egg variety,
    > > you're welcome to pile on for old time's sake...

    > Hopefully, nothing a pile of very crispy bacon can't fix to smother
    > runny/droopy eggs that look like tits.

    Pork fat rulez!!!!1!

    Du Haxen Hase, May 29, 2006
  15. catcher

    Phaethon Guest

    Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:22:14 -0400, John Evan <> babbled on
    and on about

    >Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    >>> Hello?

    >> Good-bye??

    >Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    Funny, they have no effect on my ears.

    --
    Phaet
    "Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"
    Phaethon, May 29, 2006
  16. catcher

    John Evan Guest

    Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > In article <yqpeg.840$T%>, John Evan says...
    >

    >>Du Haxen Hase wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article <q7neg.831$T%>, John Evan says...

    >>>Brosit!
    >>>
    >>>And while I'm certain that Janie's are of the fried egg variety,
    >>>you're welcome to pile on for old time's sake...

    >>Hopefully, nothing a pile of very crispy bacon can't fix to smother
    >>runny/droopy eggs that look like tits.

    > Pork fat rulez!!!!1!

    Oh, stop it.
    Emeril Lagasse is NOT "all that".

    He can't even make a decent Danish Rolladen.
    John Evan, May 29, 2006
  17. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <>,
    Phaethon says...

    > On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:22:14 -0400, John Evan <> babbled on
    > and on about
    >
    > >Du Haxen Hase wrote:
    > >> In article <nQleg.824$T%>, John Evan says...

    > >> Good-bye??

    > >Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    > Funny, they have no effect on my ears.

    You're just not kinky enough

    Du Haxen Hase, May 29, 2006
  18. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <CIHeg.36$>, John Evan says...

    > Du Haxen Hase wrote:

    > >>Hopefully, nothing a pile of very crispy bacon can't fix to smother
    > >>runny/droopy eggs that look like tits.

    > > Pork fat rulez!!!!1!

    > Oh, stop it.
    > Emeril Lagasse is NOT "all that".

    Emeril *ro><ors*. He's a homeboy - I grew up in the shadow of
    Fall River, and I'm half Portagee.

    > He can't even make a decent Danish Rolladen.

    He (and A.B.) inspired my 'uber schnitzel' recipe. I use a
    whole butterflied pork tenderloin instead of a cutlet.

    Du Haxen Hase, May 29, 2006
  19. catcher

    Phaethon Guest

    Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:34:15 -0700, Du Haxen Hase <>
    babbled on and on about

    >In article <>,
    >Phaethon says...
    >
    >> On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:22:14 -0400, John Evan <> babbled on
    >> and on about

    >> >Hey! When mammalian protuberances are mentioned, my ears perk up!

    >> Funny, they have no effect on my ears.

    >You're just not kinky enough

    heh, I'll try to improve.

    Phaethon, May 30, 2006
  20. Re: US phone numbers that play recorded music or information?

    In article <>,
    Phaethon says...

    > On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:34:15 -0700, Du Haxen Hase <>
    > babbled on and on about
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >Phaethon says...
    > >
    > >> On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:22:14 -0400, John Evan <> babbled on
    > >> and on about

    > >> Funny, they have no effect on my ears.

    > >You're just not kinky enough

    > heh, I'll try to improve.

    C'mon on out to California(*). We'll fix you right up.

    (*) = Where even the catz cross-dress

    Du Haxen Hase, May 30, 2006