(OT) Understanding million, billion, trillion.....

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by sno, Feb 1, 2010.

  1. sno

    sno Guest

    Most people know how long a second is....

    1 million seconds = aprox. 11 days

    1 billion seconds = aprox. 33 years

    1 trillion seconds = aprox. 33,000 years

    The human race has been around for aprox. 6 trillion seconds..

    The amount of money it is guestimated the government owes is aprox. 12
    trillion dollars.

    Twice as long as the human race has been around...

    hope helps....have fun....sno

    --
    Correct Scientific Terminology:
    Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs

    sno, Feb 1, 2010

  2. sno

    Chris Davies Guest

    sno <> wrote:
    > 1 billion seconds = aprox. 33 years

    This depends on whether you're American or British.
    Chris
    Chris Davies, Feb 13, 2010

  3. sno

    sno Guest

    On 2/13/2010 4:03 AM, Chris Davies wrote:
    > sno<> wrote:
    >> 1 billion seconds = aprox. 33 years

    > This depends on whether you're American or British.
    > Chris

    Yep...I messed up...should have noted was American...no excuse <grin>

    have fun....sno
    sno, Feb 13, 2010