OT: uCertify.com

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 4, 2007.

  1. Due to recent posts in both the Microsoft MCSA and MCSE public
    newsgroups concerning uCertify and their practice materials, I thought
    it fair to contact the company and relay the concerns posted by 2 or
    more OPs. Here is the response I received:

    Michael,

    Thank you for letting us know. I really appreciate it. I researched the
    issue and believe that two people and
    seem to have issues with our products. We work
    hard to create good products and listen carefully to our customers
    carefully. However I do not know what we did to offend Cyanthia and
    Donna (if it is their real names) as they are not even our customers (at
    least they did not buy using the above emails while buying).

    In the latest version of our PrepEngine, we have added a new feature
    where users can discuss content with each other. I hope, Cyanthia and
    Donna will be able to provide more specifics either on certifications
    forums or using "Discuss it" within PrepEngine.

    Michael, thank you again for bringing it to our notice.

    Regards,
    Roger

    If this applies to you, please contact Roger at and
    voice your concerns. For those interested in I.T. certification study
    material, please do as much homework as possible before committing
    yourself and your money. Remember that nothing takes the place of actual
    hands-on experience. Books, practice exams and classroom learning should
    be used as a supplement only.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 4, 2007

  2. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    PAJ Guest

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 04:14:50 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
    Inc.]" <> wrote:

    >Due to recent posts in both the Microsoft MCSA and MCSE public
    >newsgroups concerning uCertify and their practice materials, I thought
    >it fair to contact the company and relay the concerns posted by 2 or
    >more OPs. Here is the response I received:

    <snip>

    Maybe they should have replied here instead of you.
    --
    Thx.
    Paul
    PAJ, Sep 4, 2007

  3. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Paul,

    It is unrealistic to expect these companies to monitor every newsgroup that
    their products would be discussed in. Microsoft does not even monitor these
    newsgroups. That is why Influencers like Michael and a few others intervene
    when necessary.

    Thanks Michael!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Sep 4, 2007
  4. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

    PAJ Guest

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:20:54 -0400, "Montreal MCT"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Paul,
    >
    >It is unrealistic to expect these companies to monitor every newsgroup that
    >their products would be discussed in. Microsoft does not even monitor these
    >newsgroups.

    From the OP posting it appeared that they had been prompted to look at
    the group.
    Roger of ucertify.com wrote:
    "I researched the issue and believe that two people...... seem to have
    issues with our products".

    I think it would be more appropriate for them to reply directly than
    through a third-party.
    This may have made it appear less of an advert/approval for their
    'PrepEngine'.

    >That is why Influencers like Michael

    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    They can keep their viral infections to themselves!

    --
    Thx.
    Paul
    PAJ, Sep 4, 2007
  5. "PAJ" <> wrote in message

    > >That is why Influencers like Michael

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^
    > They can keep their viral infections to themselves!
    >
    > --
    > Thx.
    > Paul
    > Drop MBLOSSOM to email.

    Huh? I had my shots...
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 5, 2007