    Is there any NZ based agency doing this kind of stuff on-line too (or even
    by telephone?) Couldn't find anything on usual spots, like NZ Herald or
    Stuff...

    Mauricio Freitas, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Mauricio Freitas

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    > I've posted a link to the Amazon donation page on Geekzone
    > (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3848) if you want to help.
    > Or just visit www.amazon.com and follow the links. Or www.apple.com.
    >
    > Is there any NZ based agency doing this kind of stuff on-line too (or even
    > by telephone?) Couldn't find anything on usual spots, like NZ Herald or
    > Stuff...

    That's a good idea, but don't forget the NZ Government will match
    donations made in NZ dollar for dollar - so it might be best to donate
    locally.

    I was surpised that I couldn't find any links on any of the bank sites
    to make donations online - I thought it would be a no-brainer. Thought
    I'd just do it all online through my bank account, but I can't.

    -=rjh=-, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Mauricio Freitas

    -=rjh=- Guest

    -=rjh=-, Dec 29, 2004
  4. Mauricio Freitas

    Dave Taylor Guest

    -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:41d335a3$1_2@127.0.0.1:

    > Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    >> I've posted a link to the Amazon donation page on Geekzone
    >> (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3848) if you want to
    >> help. Or just visit www.amazon.com and follow the links. Or
    >> www.apple.com.
    >>
    >> Is there any NZ based agency doing this kind of stuff on-line too (or
    >> even by telephone?) Couldn't find anything on usual spots, like NZ
    >> Herald or Stuff...
    >>

    > That's a good idea, but don't forget the NZ Government will match
    > donations made in NZ dollar for dollar - so it might be best to donate
    > locally.
    >
    > I was surpised that I couldn't find any links on any of the bank sites
    > to make donations online - I thought it would be a no-brainer. Thought
    > I'd just do it all online through my bank account, but I can't.

    New Zealand Red Cross.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Dec 29, 2004
  5. Mauricio Freitas

    Dave Taylor, Dec 29, 2004
  6. "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:41d335a3$1_2@127.0.0.1:
    >
    >> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    >>> I've posted a link to the Amazon donation page on Geekzone
    >>> (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3848) if you want to
    >>> help. Or just visit www.amazon.com and follow the links. Or
    >>> www.apple.com.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any NZ based agency doing this kind of stuff on-line too (or
    >>> even by telephone?) Couldn't find anything on usual spots, like NZ
    >>> Herald or Stuff...
    >>>

    >> That's a good idea, but don't forget the NZ Government will match
    >> donations made in NZ dollar for dollar - so it might be best to donate
    >> locally.
    >>
    >> I was surpised that I couldn't find any links on any of the bank sites
    >> to make donations online - I thought it would be a no-brainer. Thought
    >> I'd just do it all online through my bank account, but I can't.
    >>

    > New Zealand Red Cross.
    >
    > --

    Posted a link there too, thanks! FYI, NZ Red Cross currently accepts
    donations via phone only: https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205

    Mauricio Freitas, Dec 29, 2004

    Mauricio Freitas, Dec 29, 2004
  8. Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    > I've posted a link to the Amazon donation page on Geekzone
    > (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3848) if you want to help.
    > Or just visit www.amazon.com and follow the links. Or www.apple.com.
    >
    > Is there any NZ based agency doing this kind of stuff on-line too (or even
    > by telephone?) Couldn't find anything on usual spots, like NZ Herald or
    > Stuff...

    Found in 0.2 seconds at

    # Red Cross - 0900 31 100 for $20 donations. Online: www.redcross.org.nz
    # CWS - 0800 74 73 72, or PO Box 22-652, Christchurch. Online:
    www.cws.org.nz
    # Tear Fund - 0800 800 777. Online: www.tearfund.org.nz
    # World Vision - 0800 80 2000. Online: www.worldvision.org.nz
    # Caritas - 0900 411 11 for $20 donations, or PO Box 12-193 Wellington.
    Online: www.caritas.org.nz

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Dec 29, 2004

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Dec 29, 2004
  10. Mauricio Freitas

    steve Guest

    Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    > Is there any NZ based agency doing this kind of stuff on-line too (or even
    > by telephone?) Couldn't find anything on usual spots, like NZ Herald or
    > Stuff

    Oxfam?

    Oxfam South Asia
    Emergency Appeal
    Call 0800 400 666

    Red Cross?

    Donate online or call an 0900 number to donate $20 (per call).

    http://www.redcross.org.nz/index.php?page=media.php

    steve, Dec 30, 2004
  11. Mauricio Freitas

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 30, 2004
  12. Mauricio Freitas

    steve Guest

    Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    > "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:41d335a3$1_2@127.0.0.1:

    >>> That's a good idea, but don't forget the NZ Government will match
    >>> donations made in NZ dollar for dollar - so it might be best to donate
    >>> locally.
    >>>
    >>> I was surpised that I couldn't find any links on any of the bank sites
    >>> to make donations online - I thought it would be a no-brainer. Thought
    >>> I'd just do it all online through my bank account, but I can't.
    >>>

    >> New Zealand Red Cross.
    >>
    >> --

    > Posted a link there too, thanks! FYI, NZ Red Cross currently accepts
    > donations via phone only:
    > https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205

    Then why the CC donation form? Hmmmm.

    steve, Dec 30, 2004
  13. Mauricio Freitas

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 30, 2004
  14. "steve" <> wrote in message
    > Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    >
    >> "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message

    >>> New Zealand Red Cross.
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> Posted a link there too, thanks! FYI, NZ Red Cross currently accepts
    >> donations via phone only:
    >> https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205

    > Then why the CC donation form? Hmmmm.

    What's the CC donation form?

    I've posted a link on the website because I do most of my stuff on-line, and
    I believe other nz.compers do to. That's why I asked for NZ NGO accepting
    on-line donations. The only one I found (thanks to the group) is the NZ Red
    Cross, but it seems their on-line donation page is disabled. So I've posted
    a link to their .org page instead of the link above, and a link to
    Amazon.com donation page.

    Mauricio Freitas, Dec 30, 2004

    Mauricio Freitas, Dec 30, 2004