[OT] Troops in Afghanistan.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sarah, Oct 2, 2005.

  1. Sarah

    Sarah Guest

    Sarah, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Sarah

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:44:45 +0930, Sarah wrote:

    >From
    >http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20051002/14/international/1472836.inp
    >"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year in
    >the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile fire."
    >
    >So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?

    Did the article forget to count trainning accidents, happens all the
    time.

    >Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

    So that would be those whose country was invaded or those that invaded?

    Me

    why?, Oct 2, 2005

  3. Sarah

    Bill Guest

    "Sarah" <> wrote in message
    > From
    > http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20051002/14/international/1472836.inp
    > "The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year
    > in the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile
    > fire."
    >
    > So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
    > Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

    UK troops must sometimes wonder who the bad guys are when they are killed by
    American friendly fire.

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Sarah

    Redman Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message

    > "Sarah" <> wrote in message
    > > From

    http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20051002/14/international/1472836.
    inp
    > > "The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this

    year
    > > in the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile
    > > fire."
    > >
    > > So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
    > > Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

    > UK troops must sometimes wonder who the bad guys are when they are killed

    by
    > American friendly fire.
    >
    > Bill

    Was based at Greenham Common years back and we were always told if you heard
    a weapon being cocked you hit the dirt. Reason, well the Yanks as we all
    know are a bit gung ho and they tended to shoot first and ask questions
    later. Not that I experienced it personally but I have a few mates that did.

    Redman

    Redman, Oct 2, 2005
  5. In article ,
    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> said:
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 21:44:45 +0930, Sarah wrote:
    -->
    -->>From
    -->>http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20051002/14/internationa
    -->l/1472836.inp
    -->>"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed
    -->this year in
    -->>the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in
    -->hostile fire."
    -->>
    -->>So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this
    -->year?
    -->
    -->Did the article forget to count trainning accidents, happens all
    -->the
    -->time.
    -->
    -->>Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.
    -->
    -->So that would be those whose country was invaded or those that
    -->invaded?
    -->
    -->Me
    -->
    -->
    -->

    Yeah! Bring back the 'real' government we overthrew.

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Oct 2, 2005
  6. Sarah

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Sarah" <> wrote:

    >From
    >http://dsl.optusnet.com.au/news/story/abc/20051002/14/international/1472836.inp
    >"The latest death brings to 84 the number of US soldiers killed this year in
    >the US-led operation to Afghanistan, more than 50 of them in hostile fire."
    >
    >So 34 U.S. soldiers died from friendly fire in Afghanistan this year?
    >Someone should brief them on who the bad guys are.

    Their have been a number who were killed in accidents not related to
    hostile fire, including a few aircraft crashes.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service