OT: Troops Answer back

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in news:#zNfCM3
    $:

    >> we aim to please....
    >>

    >> ...you aim too, please...

    > EATS SHOOTS AND LEAVES
    >
    > Somebody had to say it.

    did I miss the punctuation?

    The panda says "NO"!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Blessed are the pessimists, for they have made backups.

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    LRM Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > here is my prob with the kids that use it for funding their education:
    > they think its the boy scouts and when the sh*t hits the fan, they start
    > whining and going awol, crying that they just joined to get schooling.
    > sorry, the military is to fight and die for this country, it is no place
    > for a bunch of p*ssies.

    I completely agree with your statement. I remember hearing that during the
    first war in Iraq. The trouble is that there are many servicemembers who
    believed that the military was a great way to get school paid for. The
    problem was that prior to the first war in Iraq the most recent conflict
    (publicly acknowledged) was Vietnam and those kids didn't remember what war
    was like before they signed on the dotted line. Had recruiters shown them
    images of guys with their legs blown off and then said "this is a great way
    to get money for school," there wouldn't have been very many kids signing
    up. A rational thinking person understood that the purpose of a military is
    to stand in harm's way and shield America from said harm.
    I joined the Army to be a soldier. However, many of my cohorts didn't. I
    also think there is a difference between people who believe they have a
    purpose and people who are looking for a handout. The military is huge and
    it has its share of both.

    LRM, Nov 4, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > I also think there
    > is a difference between people who believe they have a purpose and
    > people who are looking for a handout. The military is huge and it has
    > its share of both.

    ....and of course the recuriters don't emphasis the getting killed part,
    but what I don't understand is we had a few in the Marines that were
    just there for the handouts. Um...hello...Marine Corps...you should
    have joined the Navy.

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    > ...and of course the recuriters don't emphasis the getting killed part,
    > but what I don't understand is we had a few in the Marines that were
    > just there for the handouts. Um...hello...Marine Corps...you should
    > have joined the Navy.

    I asked some of the guys in the infantry why they had joined, the most
    common answer: "To kill people". Strangely enough, it was most
    comforting. Outside the infantry is where I found people to be lacking in
    passion for the job.

    Jtyc, Nov 6, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    As Jtyc once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > I asked some of the guys in the infantry why they had joined, the most
    > common answer: "To kill people". Strangely enough, it was most
    > comforting. Outside the infantry is where I found people to be
    > lacking in passion for the job.

    In the rear with the gear...that's my motto.

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    > In the rear with the gear...that's my motto.

    F'n pogue...

    Jtyc, Nov 6, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > In the rear with the gear...that's my motto.

    So your battle buddy's name was "the gear"?

    CBIC, Nov 6, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    As CBIC once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> In the rear with the gear...that's my motto.

    > So your battle buddy's name was "the gear"?

    May you be shot by your own troops while on patrol.

    kpg, Nov 6, 2006