OT: Troops Answer back

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 01:25:07 -0800, Cerebrus cast into the ether:

    > I'd vote for you if you ran for Prez. I hope the little matter of my
    > being non-American won't stand in the way ! ;-)

    Don't see why it should. It doesn't seem to matter here, at all, in fact,
    it's illegal for a poll worker to even ask for ID when you vote.

    Congress is considering a bill that will require Govt issued ID to vote in
    the 2008 election, but it, like so much else in this do-nothing Congress
    will likely stall till long after it's over, if not fail completely.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Nov 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    > That happens when the economy is in a sorry state, and the military is
    > aggressively recruiting not-so-well-to-do people with catchy marketing.

    I don't believe that's accurate. The GI bill has been around for decades,
    through good and bad economies. Recruiters become more desperate in good
    economies because there are plenty of jobs and people don't need the
    military.

    > It was quite apparent from Michael Moore's
    > documentary.

    Moore misrepresents information in the worst way.

    And from a Marine standpoint, they have never sold the job as a way to
    further their education. It's always been based on being the best you can
    be. Improving yourself.

    Jtyc, Nov 2, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    JaR wrote:

    > Don't see why it should. It doesn't seem to matter here, at all, in fact,
    > it's illegal for a poll worker to even ask for ID when you vote.

    What !!! Then how do they decide who is a valid voter and who is not ?
    They must be asking for *some* sort of identification... ?

    > Congress is considering a bill that will require Govt issued ID to vote in
    > the 2008 election, but it, like so much else in this do-nothing Congress
    > will likely stall till long after it's over, if not fail completely.

    Governments usually stall over things that they fear will make them
    lose popularity with the populace. If they executed the Voter ID scheme
    effectively and efficiently, I don't see any reason for them to lose
    favour with the public. (Or maybe I'm just naive)

    Cerebrus, Nov 2, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    > did you hear "BD[MCNGP]" <CertGuard> say in news:#uQJNip$GHA.1224
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> Something tells me I'll be voting even after I've died.

    > someone has to do it for you

    Well, if I'm gonna vote I want a voice.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 2, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:16:04 -0800, Cerebrus cast into the ether:

    >> Don't see why it should. It doesn't seem to matter here, at all, in fact,
    >> it's illegal for a poll worker to even ask for ID when you vote.

    > What !!! Then how do they decide who is a valid voter and who is not ?
    > They must be asking for *some* sort of identification... ?

    Nope. You are supposed to show proof of residence when you register, But
    according to some, requiring govt issued ID will disenfranchise the
    underprivileged or some twaddle. Seniors may not still have the required
    birth docs, non-drivers may not have liscenes. You would not believe the
    arguments I have heard to deny any sort of legislation proving legal right
    to vote before doing so, other than a stern warning that if you do, it
    will be against the law.

    And in proof that the law works, one idot pointed me to a stat that
    claimed in the last election over 50 cases of illegal voting were
    prosecuted.

    50.

    Just 50.

    Out of how many?

    >> Congress is considering a bill that will require Govt issued ID to vote
    >> in the 2008 election, but it, like so much else in this do-nothing
    >> Congress will likely stall till long after it's over, if not fail
    >> completely.

    > Governments usually stall over things that they fear will make them lose
    > popularity with the populace. If they executed the Voter ID scheme
    > effectively and efficiently, I don't see any reason for them to lose
    > favour with the public. (Or maybe I'm just naive)

    Sorry, yes, your naivety is showing. There are races that are determined
    by illegal voting here. It's a long and cherished American political
    tradition.

    All a politician has to do over here is suggest that he is for compusory
    proof of voting rights, and he is in for a firestorm from the likes of
    everyone from the ACLU to the farm labor board.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Nov 2, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    kpg Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    As Jtyc once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > And from a Marine standpoint, they have never sold the job as a way to
    > further their education. It's always been based on being the best you
    > can be. Improving yourself.

    I joined becuase I wanted to meet exotic people and kill them.

    The GI bill was just a plus.

    kpg, Nov 2, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:20:09 -0800, kpg cast into the ether:

    > I joined becuase I wanted to meet exotic people and kill them.

    An' shoot machine guns n' blow stuff up.

    TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKAWHEEEEEEEEEBLAAAAMMMBUDDABUDDABUDDABOOOOMM!!!!

    WETSU Drill Sergeant!!!! Killem all an' let Ghod sort 'em out!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Nov 2, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    Well then, this must be one of the (few) instances in which our
    electoral system is more advanced than the American system. We have an
    electoral ID system in place here. This was only possible because we
    have a separate Election commission that has considerable powers and is
    not subject to the whims of politicians. It was the on the
    recommendation of the Election Commissioner that the system was
    introduced many years back. Politicians understandably were not
    pleased, but they could only twiddle their thumbs.

    Cerebrus, Nov 3, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    CertGuard Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    > Well then, this must be one of the (few) instances in which our
    > electoral system is more advanced than the American system. We have an
    > electoral ID system in place here. This was only possible because we
    > have a separate Election commission that has considerable powers and is
    > not subject to the whims of politicians. It was the on the
    > recommendation of the Election Commissioner that the system was
    > introduced many years back. Politicians understandably were not
    > pleased, but they could only twiddle their thumbs.

    We would never get anything like that to work around here. Our pols have a
    hard time trying to get their wives to work for them and not the other guy.

    CertGuard, Nov 3, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 23:30:49 -0800, Cerebrus cast into the ether:

    > This was only possible because we
    > have a separate Election commission that has considerable powers and is
    > not subject to the whims of politicians.

    FAW! We have a Federal Election Commission, too. The six members of which
    are appointed by the president. See:

    http://www.fec.gov/members/members.shtml

    "No more than three may belong to the same political party" So it's all
    good then.

    Weasels guarding the henhouse.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Nov 3, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    >FAW! We have a Federal Election Commission, too. The six members of which
    >are appointed by the president

    ah, but 'confirmed by the senate' you note ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >FAW! We have a Federal Election Commission, too. The six members of which
    >>are appointed by the president

    > ah, but 'confirmed by the senate' you note ;-)

    Well then it HAS to be on the up and up.

    CBIC, Nov 3, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    > Well then it HAS to be on the up and up.

    I trust my government without question.

    Jtyc, Nov 3, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    > Germany, 1933

    Ah... national pride... I miss the good ole days.

    Jtyc, Nov 3, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    Kline Sphere, Nov 3, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    JaR Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:13:42 +0000, cast into the ether:

    >>I trust my government without question.

    > Germany, 1933

    Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Nov 3, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in news:#6GbFY2$GHA.2328
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    >> Well then it HAS to be on the up and up.

    > I trust my government without question.

    I question my government without trust

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    Neil wrote:

    > I question my government without trust

    TMML !

    Cerebrus, Nov 3, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    Neil Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back

    did you hear "Cerebrus" <> say in

    > Neil wrote:
    >
    >> I question my government without trust

    > TMML !

    we aim to please....

    ....you aim too, please...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - What if there were no hypothetical situations?

    Neil, Nov 3, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    Re: Troops Answer back