    i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    back now

    cheers dave
    Dragon, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Dragon

    BrotherBart Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    >I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them with usps
    as
    >when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up with no
    >tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the states

    and
    >i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    >back now

    Tell the seller what you told us and see what they say.
    BrotherBart, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Dragon

    Ryan Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    Hmmm, not sure.

    The USPS does not "track" shipment, it "confirms delivery" so it would
    not be unusual for their web site to claim the number was invalid or
    not show any status until you actually have the item and it confirms
    when they delivered it. Of course, that can confuse buyers who want to
    know where their item is each day in route.

    Of course, that said, I not sure about shipments from the US to UK but
    I can't imagine they track international shipments, but can track US
    shipments.
    Ryan, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them with usps

    as
    > when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up with no
    > tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the states

    and
    > i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    > back now
    >
    > cheers dave

    Use Royalmail.com

    Steve
    Steve Antony Williams, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them with usps

    as
    > when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up with no
    > tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the states

    and
    > i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    > back now

    You can't track deliveries once they leave the States as the US & UK Mail
    systems have different tracking systems and don't share information with one
    another. Only global services such as UPS, Fedex...etc would provide you
    with such info
    Electric Frog, Mar 3, 2005
  6. Dragon

    Bob Niland Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    > Electric Frog <> wrote:

    > You can't track deliveries once they leave the States
    > as the US & UK Mail systems have different tracking
    > systems and don't share information with one another.

    Delivery Confirmation may not work, but Express Mail
    (specifically Global Express Mail) does. You do need
    to use a RoyalMail web page to translate the GMS
    tracking number to the ParcelForce tracking number.
    I used this to help a buyer find out where PF was
    holding the shipment hostage.

    --
    Regards, Bob Niland mailto:
    Bob Niland, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Dragon

    Dragon Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    "BrotherBart" <> wrote in message
    > >I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them with usps

    > as
    >>when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up with no
    >>tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the states

    > and
    >>i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    >>back now

    > Tell the seller what you told us and see what they say.

    why i don't need to tell the seller i am asking you lot how do i track a
    parcel. and i only want to know roughly when i am going to get it as it is a
    birthday present for my wife so it will give me a rough idea when it will be
    posted to make sure i get up for the postie an don't let her, i couldn't
    give two hoots what the seller thinks if i am asking how to track a parcel,
    i have emailed him with the same question anyway but as yet no reply that is
    why i asked on here. never had a parcel from the states you see

    Dave
    Dragon, Mar 3, 2005
  8. Dragon

    Justin Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    Dragon wrote on [Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:00:48 GMT]:

    > "BrotherBart" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them with usps

    >> as
    >>>when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up with no
    >>>tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the states

    >> and
    >>>i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    >>>back now

    >> Tell the seller what you told us and see what they say.
    >>

    > why i don't need to tell the seller i am asking you lot how do i track a
    > parcel. and i only want to know roughly when i am going to get it as it is a
    > birthday present for my wife so it will give me a rough idea when it will be
    > posted to make sure i get up for the postie an don't let her, i couldn't
    > give two hoots what the seller thinks if i am asking how to track a parcel,
    > i have emailed him with the same question anyway but as yet no reply that is
    > why i asked on here. never had a parcel from the states you see

    Well genius, did you check the usps web site?
    Justin, Mar 3, 2005
  9. Dragon

    Cari Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    USPS only track a shipment until it leaves the country. After that it's the
    responsibility of the receiving country's mail organisation in this case the
    Royal Mail.

    Since the Royal Mail and USPS won't talk to each other you cannot expect
    accurate tracking information.

    If sent by Global Priority Mail a shipment from the US to the UK takes
    approximately 4 business days. If sent Air Mail then approximately 6
    business days.

    If you need point to point tracking then in future ask for FedEx or UPS.

    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari, Mar 3, 2005
  10. Dragon

    Wildwood Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    "Dragon" <>, we accidentally replaced
    your heart with a baked potato. You have about three seconds to live.

    >"BrotherBart" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them with usps

    >> as
    >>>when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up with no
    >>>tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the states

    >> and
    >>>i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a few days
    >>>back now

    >> Tell the seller what you told us and see what they say.
    >>

    >why i don't need to tell the seller i am asking you lot how do i track a
    >parcel.

    Why do I get the idea that the tracking is the least of your problems?

    Then again, you're right... it's blindingly obvious that you should
    ask complete strangers about something that only your seller has
    knowledge of (the actual shipping method used and if the number is an
    actual tracking number or just the number on a customs form).

    Carry on.

    Bill
    --
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually
    get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost
    Wildwood, Mar 3, 2005
  11. Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    "Bob Niland" <> wrote in message
    > > Electric Frog <> wrote:

    > > You can't track deliveries once they leave the States
    > > as the US & UK Mail systems have different tracking
    > > systems and don't share information with one another.

    > Delivery Confirmation may not work, but Express Mail
    > (specifically Global Express Mail) does. You do need
    > to use a RoyalMail web page to translate the GMS
    > tracking number to the ParcelForce tracking number.
    > I used this to help a buyer find out where PF was
    > holding the shipment hostage.

    That's interesting, I use GEM all the time ($9 for whatever you can fit in
    the envelope) but the post master has never given me a reference number, do
    you mean the bar code number that comes attached to each envelope ? I'll
    have to write it down when I send my next delivery

    BTW Dragon, anything considered to be an envelope delivery (most DVD's)
    takes 3 to 4 days (from Chicago, obviously backwater towns will take longer
    as the parcel will need to get to a central dispatching hub -for example it
    takes about 4 days for something to get from a provincial town in Iowa to
    Chi', so that may add an additional 3 or 4 days to your delivery). Anything
    considered to be a parcel takes between 1 and 2 weeks, once again that's
    from Chi' a more provincial place will take longer.

    Just hope he didn't send it surface, I just received an Xmas present posted
    in mid December which the sender send via the boat
    Electric Frog, Mar 4, 2005
  12. Dragon

    Guest

    Re: Tracking Dvds with USPS

    Dragon wrote:
    > "BrotherBart" <> wrote in message
    > > >I have two lots of numbers been given to me how do i track them

    with usps
    > > as
    > >>when i go to there site in put in the numbers it keeps coming up

    with no
    > >>tracking purchased. I am in the UK the parcel is coming from the

    states
    > > and
    > >>i won it on ebay, the seller has supplied me with these numbers a

    few days
    > >>back now

    > > Tell the seller what you told us and see what they say.
    > >

    > why i don't need to tell the seller i am asking you lot how do i

    track a
    > parcel.

    Maybe because the seller might have an idea why this particular package
    is reading this way on the website, rather than a group of strangers
    who didn't even know you were alive before reading your moronic post. I
    love people who ask a question then get petulant when receiving an
    answer. Go **** your father up the ass, pathetic piece of shit.

    and i only want to know roughly when i am going to get it as it is a
    > birthday present for my wife so it will give me a rough idea when it

    will be
    > posted to make sure i get up for the postie an don't let her, i

    couldn't
    > give two hoots what the seller thinks if i am asking how to track a

    parcel,
    > i have emailed him with the same question anyway but as yet no reply

    that is
    > why i asked on here. never had a parcel from the states you see
    >
    > Dave
    , Mar 6, 2005