OT: Totally off topic meandering post

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by CBIC, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    As some of you know, I gave my notice where I currently work. Today one of
    my soon to be former lusers wanders up to me and starts telling me about
    this problem she's having. Now she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer,
    but I'm bored so I listen to her go on and on, using the work "like" at
    least 435 times. I know exactly what her problem is by the time she's
    halfway through "like" explaining it to me. It seems to her that she's
    missing a bunch of information that she like entered into our system. Now
    our system is strange in the fact that there are several places you can
    enter the same information. So I ask her where she put this information and
    she goes on and on about how like she puts it in the same spot like
    everytime. By now I'm bored with her so I tell her to bring me some customer
    numbers so I can verify the problem. This is usually the best way to shut
    them up and get them to quit bothering me. Well, she shows up an hour later
    with a list of numbers. So I put the first one in and go to where she
    "always puts like this information." Nope, nothing there. I go to a
    different module and bingo, there it is. "Like how did that get there?"
    Obviously she entered in the sales order module and not the invoice module.
    So I tell her to take all these customer numbers and re-enter the data
    correctly. She gets p1ssed at me and throws a hissy fit, threatening to tell
    my manager and get me fired if I don't fix this for her. I start laughing
    and ask her if she knows that my last day is next Wednesday. "So you won't
    like help me then?" I told her I'd be glad to help her but I won't get to it
    until next Friday. I wonder how long it will be until she catches on to that
    one.

    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    << While I was at work, CBIC spurted out:
    > As some of you know, I gave my notice where I currently work. Today
    > one of my soon to be former lusers wanders up to me and starts
    > telling me about this problem she's having. Now she's not the
    > sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm bored so I listen to her go on
    > and on, using the work "like" at least 435 times. I know exactly what
    > her problem is by the time she's halfway through "like" explaining it
    > to me. It seems to her that she's missing a bunch of information that
    > she like entered into our system. Now our system is strange in the
    > fact that there are several places you can enter the same
    > information. So I ask her where she put this information and she goes
    > on and on about how like she puts it in the same spot like everytime.
    > By now I'm bored with her so I tell her to bring me some customer
    > numbers so I can verify the problem. This is usually the best way to
    > shut them up and get them to quit bothering me. Well, she shows up an
    > hour later with a list of numbers. So I put the first one in and go
    > to where she "always puts like this information." Nope, nothing
    > there. I go to a different module and bingo, there it is. "Like how
    > did that get there?" Obviously she entered in the sales order module
    > and not the invoice module. So I tell her to take all these customer
    > numbers and re-enter the data correctly. She gets p1ssed at me and
    > throws a hissy fit, threatening to tell my manager and get me fired
    > if I don't fix this for her. I start laughing and ask her if she
    > knows that my last day is next Wednesday. "So you won't like help me
    > then?" I told her I'd be glad to help her but I won't get to it until
    > next Friday. I wonder how long it will be until she catches on to
    > that one.

    Like LM*F*AO....Like what a twit! Like ohmyghod! Um, I'll bet she'll like never
    figure it out.

    You should have told her to replace "like" with "fu©king" when she talks....see
    how long that lasts.

    --
    Bigus Si©kus
    MCNGP #51

    Bigus Si©kus, Apr 20, 2006

  3. CBIC

    Frisbee® Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > As some of you know, I gave my notice where I currently work. Today one of
    > my soon to be former lusers wanders up to me and starts telling me about
    > this problem she's having. Now she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer,
    > but I'm bored so I listen to her go on and on, using the work "like" at
    > least 435 times. I know exactly what her problem is by the time she's
    > halfway through "like" explaining it to me. It seems to her that she's
    > missing a bunch of information that she like entered into our system. Now
    > our system is strange in the fact that there are several places you can
    > enter the same information. So I ask her where she put this information
    > and she goes on and on about how like she puts it in the same spot like
    > everytime. By now I'm bored with her so I tell her to bring me some
    > customer numbers so I can verify the problem. This is usually the best way
    > to shut them up and get them to quit bothering me. Well, she shows up an
    > hour later with a list of numbers. So I put the first one in and go to
    > where she "always puts like this information." Nope, nothing there. I go
    > to a different module and bingo, there it is. "Like how did that get
    > there?" Obviously she entered in the sales order module and not the
    > invoice module. So I tell her to take all these customer numbers and
    > re-enter the data correctly. She gets p1ssed at me and throws a hissy fit,
    > threatening to tell my manager and get me fired if I don't fix this for
    > her. I start laughing and ask her if she knows that my last day is next
    > Wednesday. "So you won't like help me then?" I told her I'd be glad to
    > help her but I won't get to it until next Friday. I wonder how long it
    > will be until she catches on to that one.

    I've probably told this story before, but what da hale.

    Twenty one years ago (yeah, I'm old) I was working my last week at my first
    IT job, a company called XtraSoft in Sunnyvale, CA. We marketed a
    Point-of-sale system in DOS (originally in CP/M). The programmers would
    share the tech support, and on that particular day (my turn) I got a call
    from a men's clothing retailer who was trying to backup his inventory files
    (on 5.25" floppy - state of the art at the time) but it was telling him the
    diskettes were full. I explained that the program needed a set of blank
    floppy diskettes for the backup, and he said he only had the one set. So I
    said no problem, we just need to erase the contents of the diskettes and
    then you'll be able to backup with no problem. "Type Format A: and press
    Enter," I said. "Okay, I'll do that, I have to go now because I have
    customers!" and he hung up without waiting for a response.

    The next day he called and asked to talk to the manager. Apparently all of
    his data on his computer was wiped-out. He said he did exactly what I'd
    told him to do. He typed FORMAT and a colon. Not "A" and a colon, a colon.

    After I explained to my supervisors (the company owners) what had happened,
    I told them that they should call him back and tell him that the employee in
    question had been fired. They liked that idea but they didn't do it.

    Frisbee®, Apr 20, 2006
  4. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    You're like, totally mean dude.

    Jtyc, Apr 20, 2006
  5. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    In news:%,
    Jtyc <> simply stated:
    > You're like, totally mean dude.

    Like, thanks, like, alot.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 20, 2006
  6. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > (originally in CP/M)

    haha...you said CP/M.

    kpg, Apr 20, 2006
  7. CBIC

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> (originally in CP/M)

    > haha...you said CP/M.

    PIP A:=C:*.*

    ZDOS RUTS'd CP/M tho. My development machine was a Zenith that had (gasp)
    dual processors! A Z80 and an 8080! I could boot up in either CP/M or
    ZDOS.

    Frisbee®, Apr 20, 2006
  8. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    > My development machine was a Zenith that had (gasp)

    My company drove Zenith out of existance...

    Good ole Packard Bell...

    Jtyc, Apr 20, 2006
  9. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\195445.htm (4/20/2006
    > 3:41:25 PM) # "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >>
    >>> (originally in CP/M)

    >> haha...you said CP/M.

    > PIP A:=C:*.*
    >
    > ZDOS RUTS'd CP/M tho. My development machine was a Zenith that had
    > (gasp) dual processors! A Z80 and an 8080! I could boot up in either
    > CP/M or ZDOS.

    OMG.

    The brain cells are waking up.

    PIP - Peripheral Interface Program. NOt as easy to use as copy but
    much more powerful.

    Makes me wonder where all that info is stored when I can't even
    remember my bankcard PIN.

    Z80 - I wrote a few simple ASM program's on it. (like battleship).

    It's one of thoses 1 opcode languages where you have to push things
    on the stack to operate on them. Cool.

    I had an Osbore II with Wordstar, DBase III, was it SuperCalc?
    and a 300 baud modem...painfully slow even back then.

    kpg, Apr 20, 2006
  10. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    Peripheral Interchange Program

    Darn brain cells.

    kpg, Apr 20, 2006
  11. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    > I had an Osbore II with Wordstar, DBase III, was it SuperCalc?
    > and a 300 baud modem...painfully slow even back then.

    Ha ha... you two are old.

    In computer terms, you two are ancient.

    Jtyc, Apr 20, 2006
  12. CBIC

    JaR Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in news:ugkFPQLZGHA.3868
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > "So you won't
    > like help me then?"

    So I go: No way!
    And she goes: Way!
    And I'm like; Nuh-uh!
    So she's like; For shure!
    So I go; Like, talk to the hand!
    And she's all; Like talk to the manager!
    And I go; I'm like, so outta here on Thursday!
    So then she's like; Not even!
    And I'm like; Totally!
    And she's like, way bummed!
    It was rockin' do0ds.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 20, 2006
  13. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    As Jtyc once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\195449.htm (4/20/2006
    > 4:33:48 PM) #
    >> I had an Osbore II with Wordstar, DBase III, was it SuperCalc?
    >> and a 300 baud modem...painfully slow even back then.

    > Ha ha... you two are old.
    >

    > In computer terms, you two are ancient.

    May a diseased yak crawl up your port 119 and die.

    kpg, Apr 20, 2006
  14. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    In news:Xns97AB9210DB715onlyifabsolutelynece@207.46.248.16,
    JaR <> simply stated:
    > "CBIC" <> wrote in news:ugkFPQLZGHA.3868
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "So you won't
    >> like help me then?"

    > So I go: No way!
    > And she goes: Way!
    > And I'm like; Nuh-uh!
    > So she's like; For shure!
    > So I go; Like, talk to the hand!
    > And she's all; Like talk to the manager!
    > And I go; I'm like, so outta here on Thursday!
    > So then she's like; Not even!
    > And I'm like; Totally!
    > And she's like, way bummed!
    > It was rockin' do0ds.

    *searching cubicle for JaR's hidden microphone*
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 21, 2006
  15. CBIC

    MitchS Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > May a diseased yak crawl up your port 119 and die.

    Well, aren't you just the ip gangsta today.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Apr 21, 2006
  16. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\195491.htm (4/21/2006
    > 8:23:45 AM) # "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> May a diseased yak crawl up your port 119 and die.

    > Well, aren't you just the ip gangsta today.

    That was before your time.

    kpg, Apr 21, 2006
  17. CBIC

    Neil Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in news:esPZ52LZGHA.3704
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > Ha ha... you two are old.

    i hate you

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I need more wholesome, nutritious alcohol. -- Bender

    Neil, Apr 21, 2006
  18. CBIC

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > In news:Xns97AB9210DB715onlyifabsolutelynece@207.46.248.16,
    > JaR <> simply stated:
    >> "CBIC" <> wrote in news:ugkFPQLZGHA.3868
    >> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >>
    >>> "So you won't
    >>> like help me then?"

    >> So I go: No way!
    >> And she goes: Way!
    >> And I'm like; Nuh-uh!
    >> So she's like; For shure!
    >> So I go; Like, talk to the hand!
    >> And she's all; Like talk to the manager!
    >> And I go; I'm like, so outta here on Thursday!
    >> So then she's like; Not even!
    >> And I'm like; Totally!
    >> And she's like, way bummed!
    >> It was rockin' do0ds.

    > *searching cubicle for JaR's hidden microphone*

    BWOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! funniest interlude o'da'day

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - "Milhouse, we live in the age of cooties!" - Bart Simpson

    Neil, Apr 21, 2006
  19. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Totally off topic meandering post

    > i hate you

    Sorry about that Grandfather Time. No offense was meant.

    Jtyc, Apr 21, 2006
  20. CBIC

    Jtyc Guest

    You mini-man, taken on the jellies... first you where like "Whoa", then we
    were like "Whoa!", then you were like "whoa...". You got serious thrill
    issues dude...

    Jtyc, Apr 21, 2006