    the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
    other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
    why).

    zekolas, Aug 13, 2005

  2. On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:02 +0100, zekolas <> wrote:

    > while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
    > the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
    > other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
    > why).

    Bottom posting here, top posting is for clueless newbies..

    Do you read novels from the back?

    Mark Gillespie, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Top Posting for sure.
    Bottom Posting is for oldbies :)

    ***See Bottom Post***

    "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:02 +0100, zekolas <> wrote:
    >
    >> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
    >> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
    >> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
    >> why).

    > Bottom posting here, top posting is for clueless newbies..
    >
    > Do you read novels from the back?

    Bottom Posting is definitely the way to go.
    Only AOL users would top post.

    Venus Ventura [Retracted]

    Venus Ventura [Retracted], Aug 13, 2005
  4. zekolas

    Colin Nowell Guest

    "Venus Ventura [Retracted]" <> wrote in message
    > Top Posting for sure.
    > Bottom Posting is for oldbies :)
    >
    > ***See Bottom Post***
    >

    > "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:46:02 +0100, zekolas <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> while replying to the email in this news group should we post on top of
    >>> the text or bottom? It seems most people in here post on top, however in
    >>> other news groups this seems to be looked down apon(I really don't know
    >>> why).

    >> Bottom posting here, top posting is for clueless newbies..
    >>
    >> Do you read novels from the back?

    > Bottom Posting is definitely the way to go.
    > Only AOL users would top post.
    >
    > Venus Ventura [Retracted]

    ROTFLMAO!!!! Hey! I'm an "Oldbie" :)

    Colin Nowell, Aug 13, 2005
  5. Entirely a matter of personal preference. My choice, actually, is
    interspersed. But if you want to make all of us happier, CLEAN UP the message
    before you post. Trim out the old part of the thread that is no longer
    relevant. That helps all of us.

    Top posters tend to be those using OE or the web interface to these NGs.
    Bottom posters tend to be those who use other newsreaders or who have been
    involved in NGs outside of the MS ones a lot, though that's not consistent,
    certainly.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 13, 2005
  6. Top posters always get good luck, so its worth doing. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 13, 2005
  7. zekolas

    Jed Guest

    On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 06:40:04 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >Entirely a matter of personal preference. My choice, actually, is
    >interspersed. But if you want to make all of us happier, CLEAN UP the message
    >before you post. Trim out the old part of the thread that is no longer
    >relevant. That helps all of us.
    >
    >Top posters tend to be those using OE or the web interface to these NGs.
    >Bottom posters tend to be those who use other newsreaders or who have been
    >involved in NGs outside of the MS ones a lot, though that's not consistent,
    >certainly.

    A revelation to me was a discussion in another newsgroup in which a
    significant number of readers indicated a preference for reading
    articles unthreaded, reading them in the order they arrive on their
    news server.

    This accounts for the fact that a post asking a question can get 10
    different posters giving the same answer as if they hadn't seen the
    question had already been answered.

    The last time I did that was in 1989 in the Netherlands when I had to
    use "rn" on a VAX/VMS machine to download newsgroups to an ascii file
    and transfer that to a floppy so I could read them at home.

    There's no accounting for taste.

    _jd [who prefers inline posting with plenty of trimming]

    Jed, Aug 13, 2005
  8. zekolas

    M. Murcek Guest

    Bottom posting is a necessity to help out all the poor oldsters who can't
    remember what they just read in the post directly above...

    M. Murcek, Aug 13, 2005
  9. zekolas

    wewa Guest

    I'm always on top, my wife wants it that way...sorry guys.

    wewa, Aug 13, 2005
  10. zekolas

    zekolas Guest

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Entirely a matter of personal preference. My choice, actually, is
    > interspersed. But if you want to make all of us happier, CLEAN UP the message
    > before you post. Trim out the old part of the thread that is no longer
    > relevant. That helps all of us.
    >
    > Top posters tend to be those using OE or the web interface to these NGs.
    > Bottom posters tend to be those who use other newsreaders or who have been
    > involved in NGs outside of the MS ones a lot, though that's not consistent,
    > certainly.

    I perfer top posting because most of time I read the original post, move
    to a reply post and its right on the top, I don't have to scroll down
    searching for it. I also use thunderbird

    zekolas, Aug 13, 2005
  11. I completely forgot what we were just talking about?
    And I thought it was the hair that went first...

    I remember when gas was $.28 per gallon.
    A brand new Ford Mustang was $2500.00
    Coca Cola had just one variety.
    TV's were black & white and there were no remote controls.
    A computer filled an entire 20X20 room..hence the term "Computer Room"...

    I guess its the short term memory that goes first.

    Venus Ventura [Retracted], Aug 14, 2005