OT: Top 10 worst products

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jtyc, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Jtyc

    Ben Smith Guest

    Ben Smith, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Jtyc

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben Smith spewed across the ether:

    > And how did Gator not make this list?

    Well, to be fair, Gator, unlike Win ME, does do what it is supposed to do.
    Although for sheer annoyance rating, they are probably a push;-)

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Jtyc

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Ben Smith <> say in

    > And how did Gator not make this list?

    did MS by claria or what?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
    Neil, Sep 26, 2005
  5. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 26, 2005
  6. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Top 10 worst products

    > GRRRRR....

    Perhaps now I'll get a rating?
    Jtyc, Sep 26, 2005
  7. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    > Well, to be fair, Gator, unlike Win ME, does do what it is supposed to do.
    > Although for sheer annoyance rating, they are probably a push;-)

    WinME was a complete mystery to me. It was like downgrading my system. 98
    was much nicer.

    Ben, when you write your book about working for MS, I want the real story on
    that. I want names!
    Jtyc, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Jtyc

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:

    >> Well, to be fair, Gator, unlike Win ME, does do what it is supposed
    >> to do. Although for sheer annoyance rating, they are probably a
    >> push;-)

    > WinME was a complete mystery to me. It was like downgrading my
    > system. 98 was much nicer.
    >
    > Ben, when you write your book about working for MS, I want the real
    > story on that. I want names!

    One of those times that makes one wonder; "What on all the worlds were they
    thinking?"

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Sep 26, 2005
  9. Re: Top 10 worst products

    If you are referencing the League Table, you can join the league table at
    any time by submitting all forms in triplicate to the 3rd floor of the
    subliminal advertising division.

    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 26, 2005
  10. Re: Top 10 worst products

    Bob is no worse than AOL. It's the same approah to computing. I was very
    suprised it didn't catch on. If the Packard Bell Navigator can catch on
    (Built on MS Home) then Bob should have had a chance. But clippy still
    sucks, no matter what.

    --
    rev

    MCT/MCNGP #44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Sep 27, 2005
  11. Jtyc

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Top 10 worst products

    >Bob is no worse than AOL.

    is anything.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 27, 2005
  12. Jtyc

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >WinME was a complete mystery to me. It was like downgrading my system.

    Yeah but did you forget to install ME sp minus 1 before installing sp
    minus 2?

    Seriously I still can't understand how ms managed to sell those 9x
    type 'systems', I guess people played alota games back then or ms
    truly did strike a deal with the devil....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 27, 2005
  13. Jtyc

    LnkWizard Guest

    Re: Top 10 worst products

    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > Bob is no worse than AOL. It's the same approah to computing. I was very
    > suprised it didn't catch on. If the Packard Bell Navigator can catch on
    > (Built on MS Home) then Bob should have had a chance. But clippy still
    > sucks, no matter what.
    >
    > --
    > rev
    >
    > MCT/MCNGP #44
    > .

    When I create an image of a PC I make sure that clippy does not get
    installed.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Sep 27, 2005
  14. Jtyc

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Top 10 worst products

    >When I create an image of a PC I make sure that clippy does not get
    >installed.

    you clippyists make me sick.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 27, 2005
  15. Jtyc

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    > ms
    > truly did strike a deal with the devil....

    funny, I thought he was an employee...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Naval Def'n: Higher Education | The bar upstairs
    Neil, Sep 27, 2005
  16. "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    > >WinME was a complete mystery to me. It was like downgrading my system.

    > Yeah but did you forget to install ME sp minus 1 before installing sp
    > minus 2?
    >
    > Seriously I still can't understand how ms managed to sell those 9x
    > type 'systems', I guess people played alota games back then or ms
    > truly did strike a deal with the devil....

    What else was there? OS/2 was puke. GeoWorks was happenin', but it didn't
    get updated and it had very few apps. What, Deskview or some other weird
    thing that didn't do anything? What?!
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 27, 2005
  17. Re: Top 10 worst products

    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > Bob is no worse than AOL. It's the same approah to computing. I was very
    > suprised it didn't catch on. If the Packard Bell Navigator can catch on
    > (Built on MS Home) then Bob should have had a chance. But clippy still
    > sucks, no matter what.

    AOL is basically WWW 0.1.

    Bob is swarthy.
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 27, 2005
  18. Jtyc

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >What else was there? OS/2 was puke.

    I remember producing some gantt charts using mac os in 1990 and
    thinking this is cool; then someone showed me the 'new' windows 3.0, I
    just laughed. Still, it did reboot quickly after a crash, I guess that
    was one major selling point going for it!

    I wonder what happened to the dude that thought co-operative multi
    tasking was a 'good idea'? Damn, those ms marketing boys are good!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 27, 2005
  19. Jtyc

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Top 10 worst products

    Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:

    >> When I create an image of a PC I make sure that clippy does not get
    >> installed.

    > you clippyists make me sick.

    You clippy apologists make me sick.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    When a girl walks in with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your
    face, you get www.mcngp.com.
    Briscobar, Sep 27, 2005
  20. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Top 10 worst products

    > If the Packard Bell Navigator can catch on (Built on MS Home) then Bob
    > should have had a chance.

    PB sold their systems in bulk, in Wal-Mart. I wouldn't say navigator caught
    on as much as it was foisted upon the unsuspecting populous at a discount.
    Jtyc, Sep 27, 2005