OT: Top 10 Reasons to Work In IT

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rowdy Yates, Dec 20, 2005.

  1. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    I haven't done one of these in a while. ENjoy.

    --

    10- I love living the Revenge of the Nerds

    9- It's a nice way to avoid the social and personal stresses that go with
    upward mobility

    8- It's the satisfaction - every time I finish the re-install and reboot
    cycle I feel I've learnt something new and contributed in a meaningful
    way to my colleagues, my community, and my culture.

    7- Between the heat, the darkness, the double doors, and the noise,
    working in the data center is like returning to the womb every day.

    6- I'm hoping to use the contacts I make working on the help desk to
    break into top management and show all those pretty party people who
    ignored me in high school who I really am.

    5- I just love working with new technology - new challenges, new patches,
    new racks to install everyday.

    4- I love having that pager on my belt - it makes me feel, you know,
    manly.

    3- "Down, not Across" - IT just makes sense

    2- I love the travel - in my last job I spent six weeks training people
    in Lahore, now I'm looking forward to visiting Poland.

    And the number one reason for for working in IT?

    1- It's the babes! stupid.

    ====

    ;-)

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I
    think

    Rowdy Yates, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Rowdy Yates <> say in

    > 7- Between the heat, the darkness, the double doors, and the noise,
    > working in the data center is like returning to the womb every day.

    TMMLMAO

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Nice guys finish last.