    also involved a pair of socks that the former soldier gave to the
    Korean boy, and which the Korean had been keeping as a treasured
    possession all those years.
    mianileng, Mar 27, 2009

  2. mianileng

    mianileng Guest

    Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2009-03-27 10:08:40 -0700, Savageduck
    > <> said:
    >
    >> On 2009-03-27 10:12:49 -0700, "mianileng"
    >> <> said:
    >>> Sorry about the OT post. I posted this in alt.movies but have
    >>> not
    >>> received any reply so far. I believe this NG has a fair
    >>> number of
    >>> mature regulars and am hoping that I'll have better luck
    >>> here.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if anyone here could tell me the title of a movie I
    >>> saw
    >>> at least 20 years ago and would like to see again. This is
    >>> what I
    >>> remember of it:
    >>>
    >>> During the Korean war, an American soldier befriended a young
    >>> Korean boy (probably a war orphan - I don't remember). Years
    >>> later, the boy, now grown up (and probably making a good
    >>> living)
    >>> came to America looking for his former benefactor. All he
    >>> knew
    >>> about the soldier was that his name was Brown. Mr.Brown had
    >>> become a professional boxer. IIRC, it was a touching comedy.
    >>> It
    >>> also involved a pair of socks that the former soldier gave to
    >>> the
    >>> Korean boy, and which the Korean had been keeping as a
    >>> treasured
    >>> possession all those years.

    >> See if one of these rings a bell; I did a search on imdb.com
    >> based on
    >> "Korean War orphan" and came upwith this list.
    >> http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=Plots&for=Korean War orphan

    > This seems to be the one. Character "Brown".
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094131/

    Thanks a lot for taking the time. The title doesn't ring a bell
    but the plot sounds like it. I'll see if I can hunt it down.
    mianileng, Mar 27, 2009

  3. Re: Title of this movie?

    I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

    --
    Christopher A. Young
    Learn more about Jesus

    Stormin Mormon, Mar 31, 2009
  4. Re: Title of this movie?

    Stormin Mormon wrote:
    > I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

    Would you kindly place your reply after that to which you are responding?

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Mar 31, 2009
  5. Re: Title of this movie?

    John McWilliams, Mar 31, 2009
  6. Re: Title of this movie?

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Stormin Mormon wrote:
    >> I am unable to find it on Google, or www.imdb.com ; sorry.

    > Would you kindly place your reply after that to which you are responding?

    Would I please stop double posting?

    self.
    John McWilliams, Mar 31, 2009
  7. Re: Title of this movie?