    wasn't working, and instead of taking the opportunity to gloat, after we had
    lunch, she drove us over to Dollar General, and we bought a $20 box fan.

    Right now, I'm the only person in the office that's not sweating buckets.
    Frisbee®, Jun 15, 2006

  2. Frisbee®

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > We've had no a/c (or heat) in our home going on three years now.

    hmmm..no a/c in FL. That's not good. You should have
    that looked into. If I didn't have a/c at the house I would
    soon have a D-I-V-O-R-C-E. Heater? Never use it.
    kpg, Jun 15, 2006

  3. Frisbee®

    kpg, Jun 15, 2006
  4. Frisbee®

    James Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    Being in charge of IT, I have access to everything, including the
    thermostats...the headlights are on, and the servers are cold :)

    James, Jun 15, 2006
  5. Frisbee®

    James, Jun 15, 2006
  6. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> We've had no a/c (or heat) in our home going on three years now.

    > hmmm..no a/c in FL. That's not good. You should have
    > that looked into. If I didn't have a/c at the house I would
    > soon have a D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

    I read somewhere that the parents of multiples have a divorce rate twice
    that of parents of singletons. Add to that our twins are special-needs, and
    it probably jumps to five times normal. Add to that the fact that we have
    had no a/c or heat for over three years now... I'm thinking my marriage is
    pretty damned rock-solid since we've survived all that (and more).

    > Heater? Never use it.

    You would if you lived here. Maybe only a few weeks out of the year, but it
    does get cold. Not NORTHERN cold, but cold. Once a yankee has lived in the
    south for a couple decades, it makes one weak. I start to shiver now in
    weather where up north I'd have broken out the shorts and tank tops.
    Frisbee®, Jun 15, 2006
  7. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    Frisbee®, Jun 15, 2006
  8. Frisbee®

    Briscobar Guest

    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    >> Heater? Never use it.

    > You would if you lived here. Maybe only a few weeks out of the year,
    > but it does get cold. Not NORTHERN cold, but cold. Once a yankee
    > has lived in the south for a couple decades, it makes one weak. I
    > start to shiver now in weather where up north I'd have broken out the
    > shorts and tank tops.

    That's not the conditioning to the southern climate, that's just because
    you're a little girl.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Cyrnfr ivfvg jjj.zpatc.pbz
    Briscobar, Jun 15, 2006
  9. Frisbee®

    Briscobar Guest

    Frisbee® <> rambled:

    Briscobar, Jun 15, 2006
  10. Frisbee®

    LoopBack Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    "James" <> wrote in message

    >the headlights are on, and the servers are cold :)

    Shame you only work with dudes.
    LoopBack, Jun 16, 2006
  11. Frisbee®

    LoopBack Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    LoopBack, Jun 16, 2006
  12. Frisbee®

    MitchS Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    "Famous Flying Disc®" <> wrote in message
    > Or "Why my wife rules."
    >
    > We've had no a/c (or heat) in our home going on three years now. It's
    > always bugged her that I get to have 8+ hours a day of a/c at the office
    > while she has to stay at home in the heat.
    >
    > Late last night, the a/c at the office went out. There's a repairman
    > working on it right now. My wife came by the office today to take me out
    > lunch with her and the kids (I don't drive). She noticed that the a/c
    > wasn't working, and instead of taking the opportunity to gloat, after we
    > had
    > lunch, she drove us over to Dollar General, and we bought a $20 box fan.

    I don't get it, what's her angle?

    (Some names have been changed to protect the innocent from Googling wife)

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Jun 16, 2006
  13. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    "MitchS" <> wrote in message
    > "Famous Flying Disc®" <> wrote in message
    >> Or "Why my wife rules."
    >>
    >> We've had no a/c (or heat) in our home going on three years now. It's
    >> always bugged her that I get to have 8+ hours a day of a/c at the office
    >> while she has to stay at home in the heat.
    >>
    >> Late last night, the a/c at the office went out. There's a repairman
    >> working on it right now. My wife came by the office today to take me out
    >> lunch with her and the kids (I don't drive). She noticed that the a/c
    >> wasn't working, and instead of taking the opportunity to gloat, after we
    >> had
    >> lunch, she drove us over to Dollar General, and we bought a $20 box fan.

    > I don't get it, what's her angle?

    Isn't it obvious?

    Guilt.
    Frisbee®, Jun 16, 2006
  14. Frisbee®

    Neil Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    did you hear "MitchS" <> say in news:O6J
    $:

    >> lunch, she drove us over to Dollar General, and we bought a $20 box fan.

    > I don't get it, what's her angle?

    husband stays at work instead of at home and she doesn't have to put up
    with said husband....or she's having an affair...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Be all you could have been - join the Time Commandos!
    Neil, Jun 16, 2006
  15. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    > did you hear "MitchS" <> say in news:O6J
    > $:
    >
    >>> lunch, she drove us over to Dollar General, and we bought a $20 box fan.

    >> I don't get it, what's her angle?
    >>

    > husband stays at work instead of at home and she doesn't have to put up
    > with said husband....or she's having an affair...

    D'OH!
    Frisbee®, Jun 16, 2006
  16. Frisbee®

    Neil Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    >> did you hear "MitchS" <> say in
    >> news:O6J $:

    >>> I don't get it, what's her angle?
    >>>

    >> husband stays at work instead of at home and she doesn't have to put
    >> up with said husband....or she's having an affair...

    > D'OH!

    just give her everything you have and get it over with. After all, if
    she's having an affair it's somehow you're fault and if she's just trying
    to keep you out 'o da house, she'll eventually find a way.

    ;)

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - The behavioral scientist pulls habits out of rats.
    Neil, Jun 16, 2006
  17. Frisbee®

    LRM Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    All gawked in amazement when: Frisbee® assaulted us with:
    > "MitchS" <> wrote in message
    >> "Famous Flying Disc®" <> wrote in message
    >>> Or "Why my wife rules."
    >>>
    >>> We've had no a/c (or heat) in our home going on three years now. It's
    >>> always bugged her that I get to have 8+ hours a day of a/c at
    >>> the office while she has to stay at home in the heat.
    >>>
    >>> Late last night, the a/c at the office went out. There's a
    >>> repairman working on it right now. My wife came by the office
    >>> today to take me out to
    >>> lunch with her and the kids (I don't drive). She noticed that the
    >>> a/c wasn't working, and instead of taking the opportunity to gloat,
    >>> after we had
    >>> lunch, she drove us over to Dollar General, and we bought a $20 box
    >>> fan.

    >> I don't get it, what's her angle?

    > Isn't it obvious?
    >
    > Guilt.

    Ok, I know how weird this is going to sound, but maybe she...um...loves you.

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Jun 17, 2006
  18. Frisbee®

    Neil Guest

    Re: Thursday Thrills (for me)

    did you hear "LRM" <> say in

    > Ok, I know how weird this is going to sound, but maybe
    > she...um...loves you.

    oh, please, that's just crazy talk

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - To know recursion, you must first know recursion.
    Neil, Jun 17, 2006