OT: Thursday Thilly

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Frisbee®, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    Pardon the cross-post, I'd usually just post this in MCSE (for my buds) but
    I thought other programmers (VBGD) might find this (slightly) amusing as
    well.

    COMPLETELY off-topic, but I made me laugh.

    I'm fixing to create a new form (module) in our accounting application to
    print form 1099's in accounts payable. As usual, rather than start
    completely from scratch, I usually try to find another form to copy that is
    as close as possible to what I will be doing. In this case, I needed to
    find a report form that only prompted for a range of suppliers, so I start
    browsing my applications various report forms. First one I look at is
    called Supplier Bid List, which seems to be exactly what I'm looking for,
    only when I call the form up and look at the title bar of the form, instead
    of "Supplier Bid List Report", it says:

    "lick here to create report."

    I have no idea how long that's been that way, haven't had any clients call
    in to report it, so it must not be a very popular report.

    What I'm sure happened was I -thought- I was entering text into the "Report"
    command button's tooltiptext property, but apparently as I was entering
    tooltips for various controls, I must have clicked the form itself instead
    of the command button, and didn't catch it. Since the form does not have a
    tooltiptext property, pressing "C" moved me to the Caption property of the
    form instead. The resulting form caption, minus the "C" made for an
    interesting suggestion to the end-user.

    I wonder how many of my end-users actually licked their screens hoping it
    would create a Supplier Bid List report.

    Frisbee®, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Frisbee®

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    > I wonder how many of my end-users actually licked their screens hoping
    > it would create a Supplier Bid List report.

    ROFLCOPTERS!!!!!11!!eleventyone!!!!

    most of them....

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and
    he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

    Neil, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Re: Thursday Thilly

    > I wonder how many of my end-users actually licked their screens hoping it
    > would create a Supplier Bid List report.

    Probably more than anyone would want to know about! <g>

    - Kev

    Kevin Provance, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Frisbee®

    kpg Guest

    Your story, she inspires me.

    The founder of the company I work for, God rest his
    soul, was quite a funny guy. Back in 1982 when he
    started the company he had added a rudementary form
    of theft protection to the software in the form of
    hidden zero length file, quite effective in thoses
    days (zreo length files did not copy).

    If the file was missing it was almost certain that
    the user was trying to steal the software so he
    output a simple little message:

    Error Code: 4QU812

    Now, I had a legit user call me up one day, and due
    some mixup he was getting the message. I asked him
    what the error code was and he read it outload to me
    very cafefully.

    As he read it he realized what if said, I was laughing,
    in his face pretty much, and well, this guy had no sense
    of humor.

    Ah, the memories.

    kp "lick here" g

    kpg, Dec 15, 2005