OT:things that make you go hmmmmm

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Neil, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Jun 27, 2006

  2. Neil

    kpg Guest

    kpg, Jun 27, 2006

  3. Neil

    Frisbee® Guest

    news:Xns97EF8A955A78Aneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16...
    > http://entmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=7556

    You know, this is truly disturbing.

    You know what else... I probably should be discussing this over in the
    private forums instead of here.
    Frisbee®, Jun 27, 2006
  4. Neil

    Consultant Guest

    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    Consultant, Jun 27, 2006
  5. Neil

    Jtyc Guest

    > You know, this is truly disturbing.

    Sounds like good news to me. Training quality will drop, less people will
    know how to implement Microsoft solutions, more work for me!

    Yay!
    Jtyc, Jun 27, 2006
  6. Neil

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:34:43 -0700, Consultant cast into the ether:

    > ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    >> http://entmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=7556
    >>
    >> --
    >> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    >>
    >> - Like, what am I supposed to put HERE?

    AOL!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Jun 27, 2006
  7. Neil

    Cerebrus Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    > > You know, this is truly disturbing.

    > Sounds like good news to me. Training quality will drop, less people will
    > know how to implement Microsoft solutions, more work for me!
    >
    > Yay!

    Hmmm....

    I don't see the cause for worry. It may be that they're finding better
    people for the job (as in "3rd party"). Sounds more like MS is facing a
    cash crunch, though. (which I choose not to believe.)
    Cerebrus, Jun 27, 2006
  8. Neil

    kpg Guest

    > I don't see the cause for worry. It may be that they're finding better
    > people for the job (as in "3rd party"). Sounds more like MS is facing
    > a cash crunch, though. (which I choose not to believe.)

    I blame Bill Gates.
    kpg, Jun 27, 2006
  9. Neil

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:

    > I blame Bill Gates.

    You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Jun 27, 2006
  10. Neil

    Jtyc Guest

    > Sounds more like MS is facing a cash crunch

    No chance in hell. 35 Billion in cash reserves last I checked.
    Jtyc, Jun 27, 2006
  11. Neil

    MitchS Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
    >

    >> I blame Bill Gates.

    > You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

    He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Jun 27, 2006
  12. Neil

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> Sounds more like MS is facing a cash crunch

    > No chance in hell. 35 Billion in cash reserves last I checked.

    They just need someone to budget their money for them.

    I'm good at it, just ask my wife!
    Frisbee®, Jun 27, 2006
  13. Neil

    Frisbee® Guest

    "MitchS" <> wrote in message
    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
    >>

    >>> I blame Bill Gates.

    >> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

    > He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

    His first miracle was this (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall):

    In 1980, IBM approached Digital Research for a version of CP/M for its
    upcoming IBM PC. Legend has it that Kildall snubbed the IBM representatives
    by going flying in his Pitts Special (an aerobatic biplane) for several
    hours. Although widespread, the story is generally not accepted to be true
    because it was Kildall's wife, Dorothy, who handled business negotiations,
    not Kildall himself. Another story has it that IBM representatives wanted
    Dorothy to sign their standard non-disclosure agreement, which Dorothy
    considered overly burdensome. Kildall associate Gordon Eubanks has said that
    the non-disclosure was signed, but that Kildall was not enthusiastic about
    porting CP/M to the IBM PC's 8088 processor[1]. IBM related the story to
    Bill Gates, who was already providing the ROM BASIC interpreter for the PC,
    and Gates offered to provide an operating system as well, but he did not own
    one at the time. Seattle Computer Products was building a computer around
    the new Intell 8088 chip, and they needed a operating system for it. Tim
    Paterson, one of their employees, wrote QDOS, which stands for "Quick and
    Dirty Operating System." Gates obtained rights to it and licensed it to IBM,
    thus beginning MS-DOS/PC-DOS.
    Frisbee®, Jun 27, 2006
  14. Neil

    kpg Guest

    As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\199983.htm (6/27/2006
    > 3:10:37 PM) # "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:
    >>

    >>> I blame Bill Gates.

    >> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

    > He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

    3 more? You only need 3 - total.

    Let's see...does ME count as a miricle? It made me
    call unto God more than once.
    kpg, Jun 27, 2006
  15. Neil

    kpg Guest

    As Frisbee® once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > His first miracle was this (from
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kildall):
    >
    > In 1980, IBM approached Digital Research for a version of CP/M for its
    > upcoming IBM PC. Legend has it that Kildall snubbed the IBM
    > representatives by going flying in his Pitts Special (an aerobatic
    > biplane) for several hours. Although widespread, the story is
    > generally not accepted to be true because it was Kildall's wife,
    > Dorothy, who handled business negotiations, not Kildall himself.
    > Another story has it that IBM representatives wanted Dorothy to sign
    > their standard non-disclosure agreement, which Dorothy considered
    > overly burdensome. Kildall associate Gordon Eubanks has said that the
    > non-disclosure was signed, but that Kildall was not enthusiastic about
    > porting CP/M to the IBM PC's 8088 processor[1]. IBM related the story
    > to Bill Gates, who was already providing the ROM BASIC interpreter for
    > the PC, and Gates offered to provide an operating system as well, but
    > he did not own one at the time. Seattle Computer Products was building
    > a computer around the new Intell 8088 chip, and they needed a
    > operating system for it. Tim Paterson, one of their employees, wrote
    > QDOS, which stands for "Quick and Dirty Operating System." Gates
    > obtained rights to it and licensed it to IBM, thus beginning
    > MS-DOS/PC-DOS.

    That's not a miricle. He just used the force:

    Bill: "You don't want the rights to the O/S"

    IBM: "We don't want the rights to the O/S"

    BWHAHAHAHAHAHA
    kpg, Jun 27, 2006
  16. Neil

    Consultant Guest

    does gettin home in one piece after a nite of drinking count? how about
    surviving the wrath of an angry wife that found an email from a chick at
    work?

    Consultant, Jun 27, 2006
  17. Neil

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > does gettin home in one piece after a nite of drinking count? how about
    > surviving the wrath of an angry wife that found an email from a chick at
    > work?

    Bill drinks? And Melinda found an e-mail of his? You'd think Bill would
    password protect his Outlook Express account.
    Frisbee®, Jun 27, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?dmxhcGU=?=, Jun 28, 2006
  19. Neil

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    > You'd think Bill would
    > password protect his Outlook Express account.

    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

    *sniff*

    hehehehe, executives actually foloowing sec audit
    recommendations...that's for the minions....snert...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Said the fly, "Let us flee." Said the flea, "Let us fly."
    Neil, Jun 28, 2006
  20. Neil

    MitchS Guest

    > As MitchS once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\199983.htm (6/27/2006
    >> 3:10:37 PM) # "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:09 -0700, kpg cast into the ether:

    >>> You can't do that anymore. He's running for saint.

    >> He only needs 3 more miracles and death.

    > 3 more? You only need 3 - total.

    My point exactly.

    > Let's see...does ME count as a miricle? It made me
    > call unto God more than once.

    Miracles tend to lead to thanks being sent up, not a frantic search for the
    spoon to gouge your own eyes out.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Jun 28, 2006