OT: They're onto us!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ken Briscoe, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Posting over in alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox, I made the following post:

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    > Got my Baseball Prospectus daily email, and the stat of the day was rather
    > interesting:
    >
    > STAT OF THE DAY
    >
    > Top 5 2003 Minor League Hitters, by Major League EQA (minimum 400 plate
    > appearances)
    >
    > Player, Organization, MjEQA
    >
    > Fernando Seguignol, NYY, .295
    > Chase Utley, PHI, .275
    > Kevin Youkilis, BOS, .275
    > Graham Koonce, OAK, 0.274
    > Bobby Crosby, OAK, 0.273
    >

    > I can safely say that I've never heard of this Koonce guy, but I suppose

    he
    > can't be that bad if he's in the company of these other highly touted

    minor
    > leaguers.
    >
    > Youk is right up there, although I'm curious as to what his Equivalent OBP
    > (is there such a thing?) would be. I'd be surprised if he wasn't Top 5, as
    > he's a "Moneyball" guy. I suppose we'll have a chance to see at least one

    of
    > these guys this year in Bobby Crosby, who will almost assuredly be the
    > starting SS for the A's this season, and I might be wrong, but Seguignol

    is
    > currently on the Yank's roster, so he might spend time with TEE this

    season
    > too. If he pans out to be a .295 hitter, I don't see how the Yanks can
    > afford to keep him on the bench. But then again, they have a competent
    > backup (defensively, anyways) in Tony Clark, should Giambi go down this
    > season.
    >
    > Also, a point of interest: Youk is the only player on this list who spent
    > the majority of the season below AAA.
    > Don't know what to make of these stats, if anything, but it's always nice

    > see Youk near the top of any list. Right?
    >
    > --
    >
    > KB

    Baseball crap for us Sox fans.

    One of the replies to the post, by a clever feller named Jim:

    > KB,
    >
    > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
    > 1)Consultant
    > 2)JaR
    > 3)Frisbee
    > 4)Chalk
    > 5)jtyc

    *sssshhhhhhhhhhh....i think he's spying on us.....*

    Thought it was rather funny, as I only use the "MCNGP" .sig in the Microsoft
    newsgroups. It's OT and pretty unimportant, but I found it funny. Alright,
    not funny funny, but amusing funny. But not too amusing. Just a chuckle.

    *stop staring at me*
    *dammit, why are you still looking at me?*
    <crickets.wav>

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    ---
    Virus? In the computer? Are you serious?
    Ken Briscoe, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Ken Briscoe

    Limey Guest

    No-one cares, pal.

    (http://www.grisoft.com).

    2/12/2004

    Limey, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Ken Briscoe

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: They're onto us!

    > > KB,
    > >
    > > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
    > > 1)Consultant
    > > 2)JaR
    > > 3)Frisbee
    > > 4)Chalk
    > > 5)jtyc

    Hey! ... why am I only number 5?
    Jtyc, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: They're onto us!

    i care, friend

    Consultant, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: They're onto us!

    > > > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
    > > > 1)Consultant
    > > > 2)JaR
    > > > 3)Frisbee
    > > > 4)Chalk
    > > > 5)jtyc

    > Hey! ... why am I only number 5?

    I dunno, but apparently, you guys are my farm team. Suckas.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Re: They're onto us!

    > > > KB,
    > > >
    > > > The five in the list I received was diffferent from yours. Mire read:
    > > > 1)Consultant
    > > > 2)JaR
    > > > 3)Frisbee
    > > > 4)Chalk
    > > > 5)jtyc

    > Hey! ... why am I only number 5?

    I need to try harder. I got beat by someone who disappeared.

    [hangs head in shame]

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601
    Politician Spock, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Ken Briscoe

    Brat Guest

    Re: They're onto us!

    I'm not even on the list

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    Brat, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    Limey opined, On 2/25/04 6:05 AM:
    > No-one cares, pal.

    You are evidently mistaken.

    Pal.

    JaR
    Caring Thug
    JaR, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    Ken Briscoe opined, On 2/24/04 7:37 PM:

    > Posting over in alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox, I made the following post:
    >
    > "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Got my Baseball Prospectus daily email, and the stat of the day was rather
    >>interesting:
    >>
    >>STAT OF THE DAY

    OMG! Were as famous as what's his name!

    JaR
    Famous Thug
    JaR, Feb 25, 2004
  10. Ken Briscoe

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: They're onto us!

    > I'm not even on the list

    Just remember these simple rules and you will get ahead:

    1. Lord loves a working man.
    2. Don't trust whitey.
    3. Get a shot to clear it up.
    Jtyc, Feb 25, 2004
  11. >No-one cares, pal.

    it is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 25, 2004
  12. Re: They're onto us!

    >i care, friend

    Yes you do, go on admit it!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 25, 2004
  13. Re: They're onto us!

    >Hey! ... why am I only number 5?

    I think I need to post more often... :-(
    Keyboard Cowboy, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > OMG! Were as famous as what's his name!

    No. "What"'s the name of the guy on first.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 25, 2004
  15. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    Ken Briscoe opined, On 2/25/04 1:06 PM:
    >>OMG! Were as famous as what's his name!

    > No. "What"'s the name of the guy on first.

    Who?
    JaR, Feb 25, 2004
  16. Ken Briscoe

    Bob Holmes Guest

    "What"'s the name of the guy on second, "Who"'s on first!

    Bob Holmes

    Bob Holmes, Feb 25, 2004
  17. Ken Briscoe

    Jtyc Guest

    > No. "What"'s the name of the guy on first.

    Who's on first. What's on second.
    Jtyc, Feb 25, 2004
  18. Ken Briscoe

    Jtyc Guest

    > Who?

    First base.
    Jtyc, Feb 25, 2004
  19. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > "What"'s the name of the guy on second, "Who"'s on first!

    I KNOW! I was asking, what's the name of the guy on second!

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Feb 25, 2004
  20. Ken Briscoe

    LnkWizard Guest

    > > No. "What"'s the name of the guy on first.

    > Who's on first. What's on second.

    I don't care!
    LnkWizard, Feb 25, 2004