    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/
    Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe
    Joe Makowiec, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Joe Makowiec

    RSD99 Guest

    Re: TheGIMP 2.2 on Fedora Core 2

    news:comp.graphics.apps.gimp

    RSD99, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Joe Makowiec

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Joe Makowiec wrote:

    > Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
    > updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
    > seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
    > TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

    There don't seem to be many binaries for the 2.2.x version out yet.. (I've
    been searching for a 2.2.x Mandrake RPM)... Best bet is to download a source
    tarball from www.gimp.org and compile your own. You could also check on
    www.rpmfind.net from time to time..

    PS: You'll definitely get a better answer to your question in the GIMP
    newsgroup.

    Jim Townsend, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Joe Makowiec

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    Joe Makowiec, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Joe Makowiec

    drwxr-xr-x Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:42:23 GMT, Joe Makowiec wrote:
    > Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
    > updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
    > seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
    > TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

    And, you did not see fit to ask
    in:
    comp.graphics.apps.gimp
    or in:
    gmane.comp.video.gimp.user over on the Gmane server?
    drwxr-xr-x, Jan 18, 2005
  6. Joe Makowiec

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    On 17 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, drwxr-xr-x wrote:

    > gmane.comp.video.gimp.user over on the Gmane server?

    Thanks - I hadn't heard about the Gmane server. I'll hang out there for
    a bit.

    Joe Makowiec, Jan 18, 2005
  7. Joe Makowiec

    Stacey Guest

    Joe Makowiec wrote:

    > Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
    > updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
    > seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
    > TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

    Try building it on your machine and see if it complains. Sometimes they
    just compile and work, other times you have to update tons of libraries etc
    etc.
    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Jan 18, 2005