[OT] The Value of IT Certifications

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Cerebrus, Mar 24, 2007.

  1. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    Like to know which direction the value of your certifications is
    going?

    Read our latest article: http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp

    --
    ----------
    Cerebrus.

    Join the fight against Br@indumps
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/

    --
    Some other useful links:

    Home: http://www.CertGuard.com
    Forums: http://www.CertGuard.com/forums/
    Braindumps: http://www.CertGuard.com/braindumps.asp
    Practice Test Providers: http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp
    Study Materials and Books: http://www.CertGuard.com/store.asp
    Vendor Links and Emails: http://www.CertGuard.com/links.asp
    Cerebrus, Mar 24, 2007

  2. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Read our latest article: http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp

    <quote>
    Yes, this means that American Citizens will not even be allowed to
    take exams while visiting those countries. It's a small price to pay,
    but at least you now know that your Certifications are not being
    devalued by gunmen and the cheaters that buy into their services.
    </quote>

    does this only apply to the sh*t hole countries like pakistan, india,
    china, etc, etc? Although I won't ever be taking another ms exam, what
    about those of us who work and live in a different (supposedly)
    civilized country like England?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Cerebrus

    Lasher Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in

    >>Read our latest article:
    >>http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp

    > <quote>
    > Yes, this means that American Citizens will not even be allowed to
    > take exams while visiting those countries. It's a small price to pay,
    > but at least you now know that your Certifications are not being
    > devalued by gunmen and the cheaters that buy into their services.
    > </quote>
    >
    > does this only apply to the sh*t hole countries like pakistan, india,
    > china, etc, etc? Although I won't ever be taking another ms exam, what
    > about those of us who work and live in a different (supposedly)
    > civilized country like England?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Doesn't apply. The restrictions are currently imposed on China, India, and
    Pakistan.
    Lasher, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    On Mar 26, 1:21 pm, Kline Sphere <.@> wrote:

    > does this only apply to the sh*t hole countries like pakistan, india,
    > china, etc, etc? Although I won't ever be taking another ms exam, what
    > about those of us who work and live in a different (supposedly)
    > civilized country like England?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    It means only that people from a civilized country like England[sic]
    cannot take
    exams while travelling in sh*t hole countries like Pakistan, India and
    China[sic].

    ----------

    Cerebrus, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Cerebrus

    JaR Guest

    Cerebrus wrote:
    > It means only that people from a civilized country like England[sic]
    > cannot take
    > exams while travelling in sh*t hole countries like Pakistan, India and
    > China[sic].

    ROFL! You tell 'im Cerby.

    --
    JaR
    One man's sh*t hole is another man's palace
    JaR, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    >> It means only that people from a civilized country like England[sic]
    >> cannot take
    >> exams while travelling in sh*t hole countries like Pakistan, India and
    >> China[sic].
    >>

    >ROFL! You tell 'im Cerby.

    i'm confused, isn't that what i said?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    >>> It means only that people from a civilized country like England[sic]
    >>> cannot take
    >>> exams while travelling in sh*t hole countries like Pakistan, India and
    >>> China[sic].
    >>>

    >>ROFL! You tell 'im Cerby.

    > i'm confused, isn't that what i said?

    Sure, but it's the way you said it.
    kpg, Mar 26, 2007
  8. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    >>>ROFL! You tell 'im Cerby.

    >> i'm confused, isn't that what i said?

    >Sure, but it's the way you said it.

    still confused.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  9. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    >>> i'm confused, isn't that what i said?

    >>Sure, but it's the way you said it.

    > still confused.

    <sigh>

    I'll let someone from a sh*thole counrty explain it to you.

    <g>
    kpg, Mar 26, 2007
  10. Cerebrus wrote:
    > Read our latest article:
    > http://www.certguard.com/The-Value-of-IT-Certifications.asp

    You mean I could make money taking tests for people? I think I would charge
    in Chiken Tikka Masala & Pot Stickers, and if things didn't taste good
    enough, I'm just going to guess "C" on everything. Who knew?

    Seriously though, obviouly this is a big enough problem that MS has changed
    their testing policies around it.

    I don't understand though, why some countries are any different than others.
    Surely, us Americans & Brits look just as different from each other as do
    any random Indian, Chinese or Pakastani folk. Is it just a question of a
    better system of National ID cards (which you Brits now have in a such a way
    to make Kim Jong-il jelous) and we have with our drivers licenses. I would
    imagine I could get a fake ID easily enough ($100?) and take any number of
    tests for someone.

    --
    Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise, Microsoft C# MVP
    http://www.coversant.com/blogs/cmullins
    Chris Mullins [MVP], Mar 26, 2007
  11. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    >I'll let someone from a sh*thole counrty explain it to you.

    oh, please forgive me. I for one would love to live and work in
    country where seventy plus hours is the norm for the work week, where
    exploiting the peoples' is the name of the game, where the life
    expectancy is about ten years less than the USA, where the overall
    quality of life is far less than the USA. Yes those countries are sh8t
    holes when compared to the USA or just about any other western country
    (except france).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  12. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I don't understand though, why some countries are any different than others.

    those countries are far more corrupt than western countries, it's that
    simple. no doubt cheating goes on in western countries, but i cannot
    imagine it being anywhere near as bad.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  13. Cerebrus

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    India is not a s**thole country.

    I've been to a s**thole country, and it's name is Somalia.
    Jtyc, Mar 26, 2007
  14. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    >I've been to a s**thole country, and it's name is Somalia.

    was that on active service by any chance?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  15. Cerebrus

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    > was that on active service by any chance?

    Yes.
    Jtyc, Mar 26, 2007
  16. Cerebrus

    JaR Guest

    Jtyc wrote:
    >> was that on active service by any chance?

    > Yes.

    Tell 'im the story 'bout the rabbits George.

    Or the proper stand-off for a shaped charge.

    --
    JaR
    No problem that can't be solved by the judicious application of high
    JaR, Mar 26, 2007
  17. Cerebrus

    On Mar 26, 9:53 pm, kpg <> wrote:

    > >>ROFL! You tell 'im Cerby.

    > > i'm confused, isn't that what i said?

    > Sure, but it's the way you said it.

    *snicker snicker...
    Cerebrus, Mar 27, 2007
  18. Cerebrus

    On Mar 26, 10:38 pm, Kline Sphere <.@> wrote:

    > those countries are far more corrupt than western countries, it's that
    > simple. no doubt cheating goes on in western countries, but i cannot
    > imagine it being anywhere near as bad.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Most countries have rampant corruption problems. They're much more
    pervasive in the third world because it's so darned lucrative. As CG
    explained in the article, the conversion rate of the dollar (or pound
    sterling) to the local currency is so high that it is very profitable
    to solicit cheaters in western countries. In addition, the lack of
    jobs and the laxity of laws makes this an attractive option for Gunmen.
    Cerebrus, Mar 27, 2007
  19. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    >Most countries have rampant corruption problems. They're much more
    >pervasive in the third world because it's so darned lucrative.

    i agree, which is why it amazes me why the west (by that i mean
    'civilized' countries) deal with such regime's. Poverty and injustice
    in the third world will never be solve until the corruption problems
    are brought under control. That's why i find stupid to give out hand
    outs to such countries (regimes) when such handouts go mainly to the
    corrupt people in power and not to people such hand out were intended
    to be for.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 27, 2007
  20. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    Re: The Value of IT Certifications

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in news:upaPgrHcHHA.208
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > That information is on a need to know basis only.

    You could tell us, but then you would have to kills us, right?
    kpg, Mar 27, 2007