OT: The State I'm In

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kpg, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. kpg

    kpg Guest

    kpg, Dec 12, 2006

  2. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:16:00 -0800, kpg cast into the ether:

    > Who says we're a bunch of rednecks?

    > SFW but not for the those with weak stomachs.
    >
    > We call Bossier City folks yankees down here in NOLA.

    "The puppy itself was just several weeks old, I mean, this was essentially
    a puppy!"

    Genius! I wonder if she figured that out all by herself.

    "He didn't chew on anything while he was with me. Of all of them, he was
    the least chewy!"

    And didn't taste as good either, I bet.

    "He might have been trying to nurse on the toes of the baby!"

    Or he thought they were just meatcicles.

    ROTFL! These folks are all related, I bet. I see y'all down there went
    ahead and re-elected Jefferson, too.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Dec 12, 2006

  3. kpg

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > ROTFL! These folks are all related, I bet. I see y'all down there went
    > ahead and re-elected Jefferson, too.

    Why yes, thank you.

    Actually, if you can believe it, he was the lesser of two evils.

    kpg, Dec 12, 2006
  4. kpg

    PajaP Guest

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:16:00 -0800, kpg <> wrote:

    >Who says we're a bunch of rednecks?
    >
    >http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236001,00.html
    >
    >SFW but not for the those with weak stomachs.
    >
    >We call Bossier City folks yankees down here in NOLA.

    "The puppy was 6 weeks old and had no record of receiving its shots
    and will be quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies."

    For fecks sake. Wot sort of place if that if a poor little puppy can
    catch rabies of a friggin baby.

    --
    PajaP

    PajaP, Dec 12, 2006
  5. kpg

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:00:09 +0000, PajaP cast into the ether:

    > For fecks sake. Wot sort of place if that if a poor little puppy can
    > catch rabies of a friggin baby.

    ROFL!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22

    JaR, Dec 12, 2006
  6. JaR wrote:
    > ROTFL! These folks are all related, I bet. I see y'all down there went
    > ahead and re-elected Jefferson, too.

    Yep, we sure did... The reason some politicos were promoting him over
    the other candidate was ludicrous. Despite her issues, she isn't under
    an FBI probe!!!! I understand innocent until proved guilty but come on
    -- the guy had tens of thousands in his freezer. *If* it was legit, do
    you want an elected official in office who mixes up the freezer for his
    bank?!?!

    Jonathan, unfortunately outside of NOLA..

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  7. kpg wrote:
    > Actually, if you can believe it, he was the lesser of two evils.

    Please explain...?

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  8. kpg

    kpg Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > kpg wrote:
    > > Actually, if you can believe it, he was the lesser of two evils.
    > >

    > Please explain...?

    Sure. His opponet, Karen Carter I think, is about 500 miles left
    of Chairwoman Pelosi.

    Coure, Jefferson in not in my district, so I did not vote for him.

    Jefferson Parish sherriff Harry Lee did not endore him, but he
    unendorsed Ms. Carter.

    kpg, Dec 13, 2006
  9. kpg wrote:
    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> kpg wrote:
    >>> Actually, if you can believe it, he was the lesser of two evils.
    >>>

    >> Please explain...?

    > Sure. His opponet, Karen Carter I think, is about 500 miles left
    > of Chairwoman Pelosi.
    >
    > Coure, Jefferson in not in my district, so I did not vote for him.
    >
    > Jefferson Parish sherriff Harry Lee did not endore him, but he
    > unendorsed Ms. Carter.

    I just wonder about the logic of voting in Jefferson so he can likely be
    removed in a short period of time. I guess that was better than voting
    in someone the majority is opposed to. I agree that Lee didn't endorse
    Jefferson but his comments had the same effect. Harry Lee is a real
    character. I love when he gets on the news. It always stirs up something!

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  10. kpg

    LRM Guest

    > kpg wrote:
    >> "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Please explain...?

    >> Sure. His opponet, Karen Carter I think, is about 500 miles left
    >> of Chairwoman Pelosi.
    >>
    >> Coure, Jefferson in not in my district, so I did not vote for him.
    >>
    >> Jefferson Parish sherriff Harry Lee did not endore him, but he
    >> unendorsed Ms. Carter.
    >>

    > I just wonder about the logic of voting in Jefferson so he can likely be
    > removed in a short period of time. I guess that was better than voting in
    > someone the majority is opposed to. I agree that Lee didn't endorse
    > Jefferson but his comments had the same effect. Harry Lee is a real
    > character. I love when he gets on the news. It always stirs up
    > something!

    Um, yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and suggest that you know way too
    much about Jefferson Parrish politics.

    LRM, Dec 13, 2006
  11. kpg

    LRM Guest

    > JaR wrote:
    >> ROTFL! These folks are all related, I bet. I see y'all down there went
    >> ahead and re-elected Jefferson, too.
    >>

    > Yep, we sure did... The reason some politicos were promoting him over the
    > other candidate was ludicrous. Despite her issues, she isn't under an FBI
    > probe!!!! I understand innocent until proved guilty but come on -- the
    > guy had tens of thousands in his freezer. *If* it was legit, do you want
    > an elected official in office who mixes up the freezer for his bank?!?!
    >
    > Jonathan, unfortunately outside of NOLA..

    I recommend running away as fast as possible, there are pods everywhere.
    Also try to avoid the word "Probe" in this here froup. It invites abuse; if
    you know what I mean.

    LRM, Dec 13, 2006
  12. LRM wrote:
    > Um, yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and suggest that you know way too
    > much about Jefferson Parrish politics.

    Yeah, I try to stay informed... (I actually live outside of NO, in
    Jefferson Parish).

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  13. LRM wrote:
    > I recommend running away as fast as possible, there are pods everywhere.
    > Also try to avoid the word "Probe" in this here froup. It invites abuse; if
    > you know what I mean.

    Yep, I am Texas-bound shortly :) (Well not as shortly as I'd like...)
    Did you say someone was abusing my probe? I knew I shouldn't have left
    it dangling in the open... Ok, I'll shut up now.

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  14. kpg

    LRM Guest

    > LRM wrote:
    >> I recommend running away as fast as possible, there are pods everywhere.
    >> Also try to avoid the word "Probe" in this here froup. It invites abuse;
    >> if you know what I mean.

    > Yep, I am Texas-bound shortly :) (Well not as shortly as I'd like...) Did
    > you say someone was abusing my probe? I knew I shouldn't have left it
    > dangling in the open... Ok, I'll shut up now.

    Fabulous! I'm all for letting the little man dangle in the open. Please send
    pics.

    LRM, Dec 13, 2006
  15. LRM wrote:
    > "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >> LRM wrote:
    >>> I recommend running away as fast as possible, there are pods everywhere.
    >>> Also try to avoid the word "Probe" in this here froup. It invites abuse;
    >>> if you know what I mean.

    >> Yep, I am Texas-bound shortly :) (Well not as shortly as I'd like...) Did
    >> you say someone was abusing my probe? I knew I shouldn't have left it
    >> dangling in the open... Ok, I'll shut up now.

    > Fabulous! I'm all for letting the little man dangle in the open. Please send
    > pics.

    Dang, that email bounced...

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 13, 2006
  16. kpg

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    > LRM wrote:
    >> I recommend running away as fast as possible, there are pods everywhere. Also
    >> try to avoid the word "Probe" in this here froup. It invites abuse; if you
    >> know what I mean.

    > Yep, I am Texas-bound shortly :) <snip>

    What part?

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 13, 2006
  17. kpg

    kpg Guest

    As Jonathan Roberts once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > I just wonder about the logic of voting in Jefferson so he can likely
    > be removed in a short period of time. I guess that was better than
    > voting in someone the majority is opposed to. I agree that Lee didn't
    > endorse Jefferson but his comments had the same effect. Harry Lee is
    > a real character. I love when he gets on the news. It always stirs
    > up something!

    Ah...a fellow Metairie-ite.

    Yep, born and raised there, used to love to eat at the House of Lee
    when I was a kid. Harry Lee has been sherrif so long I can't remember
    a time when he wasn't.

    I once saw Lee in person - it was about 10 years ago, around 3am
    at a Tastee Dounut shop in Metairie - no kidding. He was asleep
    in a booth while his (obviously) out of town relatives were munching
    down.

    kpg, Dec 13, 2006
  18. kpg

    kpg Guest

    As Jonathan Roberts once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > JaR wrote:
    >> ROTFL! These folks are all related, I bet. I see y'all down there went
    >> ahead and re-elected Jefferson, too.
    >>

    > Yep, we sure did... The reason some politicos were promoting him over
    > the other candidate was ludicrous. Despite her issues, she isn't under
    > an FBI probe!!!! I understand innocent until proved guilty but come on
    > -- the guy had tens of thousands in his freezer. *If* it was legit, do
    > you want an elected official in office who mixes up the freezer for his
    > bank?!?!

    Can anyone say Marion Barry?

    Same thing. It's a "He's one of us!" mentality.

    "Us" being the typical NOLA voter -

    that is - where's my welfare check?

    nudge - nudge - knowwhatimean?

    kpg, Dec 13, 2006
  19. kpg

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As Jonathan Roberts once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> I just wonder about the logic of voting in Jefferson so he can likely
    >> be removed in a short period of time. I guess that was better than
    >> voting in someone the majority is opposed to. I agree that Lee didn't
    >> endorse Jefferson but his comments had the same effect. Harry Lee is
    >> a real character. I love when he gets on the news. It always stirs
    >> up something!

    > Ah...a fellow Metairie-ite.
    >
    > Yep, born and raised there, used to love to eat at the House of Lee
    > when I was a kid. Harry Lee has been sherrif so long I can't remember
    > a time when he wasn't.
    >
    > I once saw Lee in person - it was about 10 years ago, around 3am
    > at a Tastee Dounut shop in Metairie - no kidding. He was asleep
    > in a booth while his (obviously) out of town relatives were munching
    > down.

    Now if that doesn't 'scream' redneck, I don't know what does. ;)

    --
    BD

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 13, 2006
  20. kpg

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As Jonathan Roberts once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> JaR wrote:
    >>> ROTFL! These folks are all related, I bet. I see y'all down there went
    >>> ahead and re-elected Jefferson, too.
    >>>

    >> Yep, we sure did... The reason some politicos were promoting him over
    >> the other candidate was ludicrous. Despite her issues, she isn't under
    >> an FBI probe!!!! I understand innocent until proved guilty but come on
    >> -- the guy had tens of thousands in his freezer. *If* it was legit, do
    >> you want an elected official in office who mixes up the freezer for his
    >> bank?!?!

    > Can anyone say Marion Barry?

    Not without saying coke-whore at the same time, no.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 13, 2006