OT: The future of Desktop's - 3D

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
    market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.

    Project Looking Glass
    http://www.sun.com/2004-0323/feature/

    you can view the demo here. scroll 3/4 way through to see the thing in
    action.

    http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html

    pinging Larry Samuels. Is this cool or what!

    Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
    ---
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    --
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Certification Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
    > market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.
    >
    > Project Looking Glass
    > http://www.sun.com/2004-0323/feature/
    >
    > you can view the demo here. scroll 3/4 way through to see the thing in
    > action.
    >
    > http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
    >
    > pinging Larry Samuels. Is this cool or what!
    >

    > Important Links Ranked In Order of Relevance:
    > ---
    > MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

    screen shots:....

    http://tinyurl.com/2t76l

    http://tinyurl.com/23mmg

    http://tinyurl.com/2nolr

    ;-)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Rowdy Yates

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:#ZuRa1$FEHA.1396
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> screen shots:....
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2t76l
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/23mmg
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2nolr
    >>

    > purdy.

    would make the wife sick to her stomach. She can't even watch first person
    shooter games over my shoulder. could be an issue for alot of users...

    of course I think it's cool

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 1, 2004
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Consultant Guest

    i see great possibilities with this, with particular pay-per-view websites

    Consultant, Apr 1, 2004
  6. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i bet a few porno web sites are already in talks with Sun reps about
    possible enterprise implementation.

    "Consultant" <> wrote in news:eWxoD9$FEHA.2944
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 1, 2004
  7. Rowdy Yates

    Consultant Guest

    im sold!

    Consultant, Apr 1, 2004
  8. Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > Looks like Sun is planning to open up a can of whoop-ass on the Desktop
    > market. They going to bring you 3-D desktop over X server.

    I suppose the background environment is configurable? If so, then my
    former employer could use Stalingrad circa 1944 and make all the Dot-
    Communists feel right at home.
    Vigo Breadcrumbs, Apr 1, 2004