OT The eBay song...so true...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by m II, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. m II

    m II Guest

    m II, Jan 15, 2006

  2. m II

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Jan 15, 2006

  3. m II

    no_name Guest

    no_name, Jan 15, 2006
  4. m II

    Mark² Guest

    no_name wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    >> HAHAHAHA great song, thanks
    >>

    >> "m II" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> We've all met someone with these symptoms.
    >>>
    >>> http://tinafolsomphotography.com/ebay_song.html
    >>>

    >>> mike

    > The song gets around. Here's a slightly different take on it.
    >
    > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648&q=two chinese students
    >
    > OR
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/dpr6a

    wow!
    :)
    You can tell their english is questionable...watching their lips.
    The guy on the rights makes the video, but perhaps even funnier is the guy
    in the background on his computer...clearly and utterly oblivious to what's
    going on behind him.
    :)

    Mark², Jan 15, 2006
  5. m II

    Brenda Ann Guest

    "no_name" <> wrote in message
    > Mike wrote:
    >
    >> HAHAHAHA great song, thanks
    >>

    >> "m II" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>We've all met someone with these symptoms.
    >>>
    >>>http://tinafolsomphotography.com/ebay_song.html
    >>>

    >>>mike

    > The song gets around. Here's a slightly different take on it.
    >
    > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648&q=two chinese students
    >
    > OR
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/dpr6a

    Google's really starting to irritate me.

    "Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    Google Video is not available in your country."

    Brenda Ann, Jan 15, 2006
  6. m II

    wayne Guest

    This Songs been around for about 18 months it done by Weird Al Yankovic

    http://launch.yahoo.com/track/2053667

    were have you lot been hiding ?

    wayne, Jan 15, 2006
  7. m II

    Brenda Ann Guest

    "wayne" <> wrote in message
    > This Songs been around for about 18 months it done by Weird Al Yankovic
    >
    > http://launch.yahoo.com/track/2053667
    >
    > were have you lot been hiding ?

    Have the song, have the album. Wanted to see the video.

    Brenda Ann, Jan 15, 2006
  8. m II

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:54:30 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
    <> wrote:

    >> The song gets around. Here's a slightly different take on it.
    >>
    >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648&q=two chinese students
    >>
    >> OR
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/dpr6a

    >Google's really starting to irritate me.
    >
    >"Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    >Google Video is not available in your country."

    Is that because of Google, or your country?

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Jan 15, 2006
  9. Bill Funk <> writes:

    > On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:54:30 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>> The song gets around. Here's a slightly different take on it.
    >>>
    >>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648&q=two chinese students
    >>>
    >>> OR
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/dpr6a

    >>Google's really starting to irritate me.
    >>
    >>"Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    >>Google Video is not available in your country."

    > Is that because of Google, or your country?

    It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    any objections against google video.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jan 15, 2006
  10. m II

    Brenda Ann Guest

    "Måns Rullgård" <> wrote in message
    > Bill Funk <> writes:

    >>>Google's really starting to irritate me.
    >>>
    >>>"Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    >>>Google Video is not available in your country."

    >> Is that because of Google, or your country?

    > It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    > content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    > any objections against google video.

    They have blocked entire IP ranges (last octet) before, and/or entire
    systems (such as LiveJournal) because of offensive content. The last octet
    thing they do because of porn sites.. they blocked LiveJournal (as well as
    ogrish.com) because they had the beheading of the Korean contractor posted.

    Brenda Ann, Jan 15, 2006
  11. "Brenda Ann" <> writes:

    >>> Is that because of Google, or your country?

    >> It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >> content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >> any objections against google video.
    >>

    > They have blocked entire IP ranges (last octet) before, and/or entire
    > systems (such as LiveJournal) because of offensive content. The last octet
    > thing they do because of porn sites.. they blocked LiveJournal (as well as
    > ogrish.com) because they had the beheading of the Korean contractor posted.

    I thought it was mainly North Korea and China that did such things. I
    guess I was wrong.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jan 15, 2006
  12. m II

    no_name Guest

    Brenda Ann wrote:

    > "no_name" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Mike wrote:
    >>

    >>>HAHAHAHA great song, thanks
    >>>

    >>>"m II" <> wrote in message

    >>The song gets around. Here's a slightly different take on it.
    >>
    >>http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6739710473912337648&q=two chinese students
    >>
    >>OR
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/dpr6a

    > Google's really starting to irritate me.
    >
    > "Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    > Google Video is not available in your country."

    So don't use Google Video.

    Any good search engine should handle "two chinese students" and I've
    seen this in a bunch of formats, including QT.

    no_name, Jan 16, 2006
  13. m II

    no_name Guest

    Måns Rullgård wrote:

    > Bill Funk <> writes:

    >>>Google's really starting to irritate me.
    >>>
    >>>"Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    >>>Google Video is not available in your country."

    >>Is that because of Google, or your country?

    > It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    > content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    > any objections against google video.

    Google Video is in beta.

    no_name, Jan 16, 2006
  14. no_name <> writes:

    >>>Is that because of Google, or your country?

    >> It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >> content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >> any objections against google video.

    > Google Video is in beta.

    That's no excuse for banning it. Fortunately, it seems like a
    government ban is not the reason this time. A little google searching
    turns up complaints from people unable to use google video for the
    same reason in many countries, among them Germany and other European
    countries.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jan 16, 2006
  15. m II

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:30:28 +0000, Måns Rullgård <>
    wrote:

    >Bill Funk <> writes:

    >>>Google's really starting to irritate me.
    >>>
    >>>"Thank you for your interest in Google Video. Unfortunately, playback of
    >>>Google Video is not available in your country."

    >> Is that because of Google, or your country?

    >It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >any objections against google video.

    I'm always leery of the idea that a company like Google has to
    negotiate rights to distribute content.
    First, that implies the country has tight control over how the
    internet is viewed within that country, and then that it *wants* to
    tightly control what content is viewed within that country.
    Another example of the oft-misunderstood concept of freedom that many
    of us have.

    Bill Funk, Jan 16, 2006
  16. m II

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:38:37 +0000, Måns Rullgård <>
    wrote:

    >>> It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >>> content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >>> any objections against google video.
    >>>

    >> They have blocked entire IP ranges (last octet) before, and/or entire
    >> systems (such as LiveJournal) because of offensive content. The last octet
    >> thing they do because of porn sites.. they blocked LiveJournal (as well as
    >> ogrish.com) because they had the beheading of the Korean contractor posted.

    >I thought it was mainly North Korea and China that did such things. I
    >guess I was wrong.

    We sometimers forget that many countries that are held up as paragons
    of freedom, aren't.
    France and Germany, as only two examples, forbid anything that
    glorifies or apologizes for Nazism. Regardless of how one feels about
    Nazism, this is not free speech in action.
    The Internet is often limited in such countries (it certainly is in
    France and Germany) for various reasons.

    Bill Funk, Jan 16, 2006
  17. m II

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 03:55:16 +0000, Måns Rullgård <>
    wrote:

    >>> It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >>> content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >>> any objections against google video.

    >> Google Video is in beta.

    >That's no excuse for banning it. Fortunately, it seems like a
    >government ban is not the reason this time. A little google searching
    >turns up complaints from people unable to use google video for the
    >same reason in many countries, among them Germany and other European
    >countries.

    Video.google.com isn't a country-specific site. If it's not available
    in some countries, it's because it's being blocked.
    Who but the country's government would be having it blocked?
    It's true that being in a Beta state is no reason for the blockage, so
    the only other likely reason is content.
    That Germany is among the countries blocking it, only points more
    strongly to content as being the reason.

    Bill Funk, Jan 16, 2006
  18. m II

    no_name Guest

    Måns Rullgård wrote:

    >>>It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >>>content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >>>any objections against google video.

    >>Google Video is in beta.

    > That's no excuse for banning it. Fortunately, it seems like a
    > government ban is not the reason this time. A little google searching
    > turns up complaints from people unable to use google video for the
    > same reason in many countries, among them Germany and other European
    > countries.

    I didn't get the idea it was banned by the government; just made not
    available by Google.

    no_name, Jan 16, 2006
  19. m II

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:25:02 GMT, no_name <>
    wrote:

    >Måns Rullgård wrote:

    >>>Google Video is in beta.

    >> That's no excuse for banning it. Fortunately, it seems like a
    >> government ban is not the reason this time. A little google searching
    >> turns up complaints from people unable to use google video for the
    >> same reason in many countries, among them Germany and other European
    >> countries.
    >>

    >I didn't get the idea it was banned by the government; just made not
    >available by Google.

    Why would Google make it not available in certain countries?

    Bill Funk, Jan 16, 2006
  20. Bill Funk <> writes:

    >>> Is that because of Google, or your country?

    >>It could be that Google hasn't negotiated any rights to distribute
    >>content in Korea. I doubt that the South Korean government would have
    >>any objections against google video.

    > I'm always leery of the idea that a company like Google has to
    > negotiate rights to distribute content.
    > First, that implies the country has tight control over how the
    > internet is viewed within that country, and then that it *wants* to
    > tightly control what content is viewed within that country.

    I was thinking of negotiating with the content owners, not with
    governments. Most big studios have very tight requirements for
    distribution of their content.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Jan 16, 2006