    Thanks in advance for any non-flame responses.

    --
    Clint
    Clint, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Clint

    Guest Guest

    Hope you get an answer.....I'm curious about that
    too.....ironically enough.

    but I thought this
    >was a prudent place to pose this question, given the

    audience.

    >I am attempting to design a dial-up based software

    package which
    >communicates with several ascii-based protocol services

    (GlobalPay, Vital
    >(VisaNet), etc.). My question is, does .NET provide any

    abstraction for
    >TAPI? I've noticed there is no direct port I/O

    (although System.IO.Ports is
    >supposed to be added with Whibley) so communicating

    directly with the modem
    >doesn't seem possible via any .NET method (other than p

    invoke). I would
    >think .NET would include some method, other than

    platform invoke, to harness

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Clint

    Guest Guest

    >>I would
    >>think .NET would include some method, other than
    >>platform invoke, to harness
    >>the power of modem communications.

    What are you trying to harness?
    General control?