OT Sysprep problems

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Vincent Lape, Sep 30, 2005.

  1. Vincent Lape

    Vincent Lape Guest

    After running setupmgr to create an answer file for sysprep i get the
    following error:
    "An error occurred while trying to update your registry" when running
    sysprep. I have googled and found one MS KB doc however that is not the
    problem.

    Windows 2K PRO Version 5.0 Build 2195 SP4
    Logged in as local admin
    no gp restricting reg edit.

    \\\ ini file created \\\
    ;SetupMgrTag
    [Unattended]
    OemPnPDriversPath=C:\drivers
    InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386

    [GuiUnattended]
    AdminPassword=#######
    OEMSkipRegional=1
    OEMDuplicatorstring=LabSysprep92905
    TimeZone=35

    [UserData]
    FullName=Lab
    OrgName="Cardiac Telecom Corporation"

    [TapiLocation]
    CountryCode=1
    Dialing=Tone
    AreaCode=724

    [RegionalSettings]
    LanguageGroup=1
    Language=00000409

    [SetupMgr]
    DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386
    DistShare=win2000dist

    [Identification]
    JoinDomain=HRSLAB
    DomainAdmin=#######
    DomainAdminPassword=#######l

    [Networking]
    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

    Thanks,

    Vincent Lape

    Vincent Lape, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Vincent Lape

    Vincent Lape Guest

    Well i broke down and called M$ today.

    I spent an hour and a half talking with some indian guy whome i could not
    understand. Finally i got an engineer from america, was on the phone with
    him for another hour. He seems to be stumped. Finally it got too late, and i
    was hungry so we will resume on monday. After a while i was given another
    version of sysprep. The new version is giving a funky setupapi.dll error.

    Microsoft seems to be stumped, I will post to the group when i get more
    info.

    Vincent Lape

    Vincent Lape, Oct 1, 2005