OT: Status report

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. It is 3:39 PM October 27, 2003, one minute since I inhaled my last drag on
    my last cigarette. So far so good.

    Hey, this quitting stuff is EASY!

    --
    Fris "I have 12 patches on my arms" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Oct 27, 2003

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Status report

    nice, good luck

    Consultant, Oct 27, 2003

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    hey frisbee. i stopped about a year ago. i stopped counting after 3 months.
    haven't has one since. i tried many many many times before and failed.

    things i have learnt thus far that i will share with you. they are stupid &
    simple but we sometimes forget.

    - it's a lot easier not to smoke when you don't hang out with other
    smokers.
    - it's a lot easier not to smoke when you don't go out to bar's.
    - you may lose your "smoker" friends! but then, would you have been hangin
    around with them in the first place if you didn't smoke? would they be
    hangin around with you if you weren't a smoker in the first place?

    good luck,
    ry

    Rowdy Yates, Oct 28, 2003
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Rich Guest

    A little over two weeks for me. First threee days were the
    toughest. Still get cravings,...during a cup of
    coffee....after sex..... etc. Will say this, it makes the
    old timber a lot more limber.

    Rich, Oct 28, 2003
  5. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Rowdy Guest

    hey, someone is having "sex" on this ng! what the hell?

    "Rich" <> wrote in news:05ea01c39d57
    $db717fb0$:

    Rowdy, Oct 28, 2003
  6. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Rich Guest

    Hey, it happens. Frequently there is even a woman
    involved. There is much to be said for the megabite and
    the ramdrive position.

    Keep goin' Fris.

    Rich, Oct 28, 2003
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    Guest Guest

    Your excuses are absolutely absurd. He might as well
    isolate himself from the world in order to quit. There
    will be situations where people will be smoking and he may
    not have the luxury of just up and leaving. He'll really
    know that he's kicked the habit when others don't have to
    modify their lifestyles and he still is not affected by it.

    Now, with all that said, the laws in California being what
    they are, you would have to be looking for a smoker in
    order to be around them. But, that's not true in every
    state.

    Guest, Oct 30, 2003
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=

    S. O'Brien Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >Your excuses are absolutely absurd. He might as well
    >isolate himself from the world in order to quit. There
    >will be situations where people will be smoking and he >may
    >not have the luxury of just up and leaving. He'll really
    >know that he's kicked the habit when others don't have >to
    >modify their lifestyles and he still is not affected by it.

    Actually most smoking cessation products advise avoiding situations where
    smoking is observed or practiced by the quitter. IE. avoid bars, smoking
    areas, etc. They advise avoiding these situations until you ARE strong
    enough to be in the same room with smokers. I have never asked anyone to
    change their lifestyle just because I am quitting smoking. I just avoid the
    situations where I would be tempted to smoke. The only people who may be
    asked to change would be family members who smoke... and if they support
    you, they will not mind making a few changes to provide you that support...
    such as going outside to smoke or not smoking in the car with you, etc.

    <snipped>

    S. O'Brien, Oct 30, 2003