    If you can sling anything my way I'd be grateful.

    Cheers

    John
    John, Jul 24, 2004

  2. John

    Ionizer Guest

    Re: Special saying, phrase?

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello.
    >
    > Sorry to bother everyone with this off-topic post, however I am a tad
    > frustrated at the moment.
    >
    > There is a special word, saying or phrase that is used to describe
    > someone who is a manager, or even just regular worked who doesn't do a
    > very good job but manages to make it look like they do. I can't for
    > the life of me think of it at the moment, but I need to know badly.
    >
    > If you can sling anything my way I'd be grateful.

    I realize this probably isn't what you're looking for, but still...

    " All managers are losers, they are the most expendable pieces of
    furniture on the face of the Earth." - Ted Williams.

    " Those who enjoy responsibility usually get it; those who merely like
    exercising authority usually lose it." - Malcolm Forbes.

    And a personal favourite: "Give a little man a little power and he will
    execute it arbitrarily and capriciously," although I'm not sure who said
    it.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jul 24, 2004

  3. John

    Pepperoni Guest

    Re: Special saying, phrase?

    The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition.
    2000.

    Peter Principle

    NOUN: The theory that employees within an organization will advance to their
    highest level of competence and then be promoted to and remain at a level at
    which they are incompetent.
    ETYMOLOGY: After Laurence Johnston Peter (1919-1990).

    Pepperoni, Jul 24, 2004
  4. John

    k35454 Guest

    Re: Special saying, phrase?

    "John" <> wrote in message
    Hello.

    Sorry to bother everyone with this off-topic post, however I am a tad
    frustrated at the moment.

    There is a special word, saying or phrase that is used to describe
    someone who is a manager, or even just regular worked who doesn't do a
    very good job but manages to make it look like they do. I can't for
    the life of me think of it at the moment, but I need to know badly.

    If you can sling anything my way I'd be grateful.

    Cheers

    John
    How about "feather-merchant"? k35454.
    k35454, Jul 24, 2004