    mean theyre crap? Anyone got one? Heard of any bad things about them?

    Cheers

    Rider
    Rider, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Rider

    ardz Guest

    Re: Sony Z600 Cellphone

    I purchased one brand new for my Girlfriend as an Xmas present and over the
    last 6 months she has been having problems with the phone freezing up on her
    or certain buttons not working. Very annoying. We are looking at taking it
    back as its still under warranty and from what i have read on various
    nesgroups Freezing menus etc seem to go hand in hand with Sony Ericsson
    stuff. Get a Sharp or Nokia instead.

    Ardz

    ardz, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    Re: Sony Z600 Cellphone

    "ardz" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased one brand new for my Girlfriend as an Xmas present and over

    the
    > last 6 months she has been having problems with the phone freezing up on

    her
    > or certain buttons not working. Very annoying. We are looking at taking it
    > back as its still under warranty and from what i have read on various
    > nesgroups Freezing menus etc seem to go hand in hand with Sony Ericsson
    > stuff. Get a Sharp or Nokia instead.
    >
    > Ardz

    Cheers
    Rider, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Rider

    John Guest

    Re: Sony Z600 Cellphone

    "ardz" <> wrote in message
    > I purchased one brand new for my Girlfriend as an Xmas present and over

    the
    > last 6 months she has been having problems with the phone freezing up on

    her
    > or certain buttons not working. Very annoying. We are looking at taking it
    > back as its still under warranty and from what i have read on various
    > nesgroups Freezing menus etc seem to go hand in hand with Sony Ericsson
    > stuff. Get a Sharp or Nokia instead.
    >
    > Ardz

    My ericsson freezes up when you go into certain menus. Hav had a firmware
    upgrade done under warranty, but it caused extra problems, including the
    charging. I won't buy another one with the Ericsson badge. Nokia are going
    into clamshell phones, so I will wait until these come out as I have found
    nokia very reliable. Motorola are supposed to be the most reliable say
    consumer mag.
    John, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Rider

    RG Guest

    Re: Sony Z600 Cellphone

    Have had a Z600 since January 2004. Have had no problems at all, and it gets
    a very hard time between rowing and sailing. A very good phone for business,
    with good accessories. The only downside would seem to be that the latest
    Sharp has a CF card and bigger screen and can take 1MB pictures with better
    clarity - however it is about double the price at $999.. Got my Z600 for $45
    with a 3yr contract.Would definitely buy one again.

    RG

    RG, Jul 14, 2004
  6. Rider

    Alastair Guest

    Re: Sony Z600 Cellphone

    In <cd37o8$fpt$> RG wrote:

    > "John" <> wrote in message

    >> My ericsson freezes up when you go into certain menus. Hav had a
    >> firmware upgrade done under warranty, but it caused extra problems,
    >> including the charging. I won't buy another one with the Ericsson
    >> badge. Nokia are going into clamshell phones, so I will wait until
    >> these come out as I have found nokia very reliable. Motorola are
    >> supposed to be the most reliable say consumer mag.

    > Have had a Z600 since January 2004. Have had no problems at all, and
    > it gets a very hard time between rowing and sailing. A very good
    > phone for business, with good accessories. The only downside would
    > seem to be that the latest Sharp has a CF card and bigger screen and
    > can take 1MB pictures with better clarity - however it is about
    > double the price at $999.. Got my Z600 for $45 with a 3yr contract.
    > Would definitely buy one again.

    I've got a T610, which is essentially the non-clamshell version of the
    Z600, and I'm pretty happy with it. It seems to be very unreliable when
    using Vodafone Live/WAP (freezes up, etc.), but I just avoid using this
    feature and everything else seems to work very smoothly.

    --
    Regards, Alastair.
    http://www.alastair.net.nz
    Alastair, Jul 16, 2004
  7. Rider

    thing Guest

    Re: Sony Z600 Cellphone

    Alastair wrote:
    > In <cd37o8$fpt$> RG wrote:
    >

    >>"John" <> wrote in message

    >>>My ericsson freezes up when you go into certain menus. Hav had a
    >>>firmware upgrade done under warranty, but it caused extra problems,
    >>>including the charging. I won't buy another one with the Ericsson
    >>>badge. Nokia are going into clamshell phones, so I will wait until
    >>>these come out as I have found nokia very reliable. Motorola are
    >>>supposed to be the most reliable say consumer mag.

    >>Have had a Z600 since January 2004. Have had no problems at all, and
    >>it gets a very hard time between rowing and sailing. A very good
    >>phone for business, with good accessories. The only downside would
    >>seem to be that the latest Sharp has a CF card and bigger screen and
    >>can take 1MB pictures with better clarity - however it is about
    >>double the price at $999.. Got my Z600 for $45 with a 3yr contract.
    >>Would definitely buy one again.

    > I've got a T610, which is essentially the non-clamshell version of the
    > Z600, and I'm pretty happy with it. It seems to be very unreliable when
    > using Vodafone Live/WAP (freezes up, etc.), but I just avoid using this
    > feature and everything else seems to work very smoothly.

    I just got a Z600, it sucks for reception being no better if not
    actually worse than my old phone....I do like the design though...

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Jul 16, 2004