    Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?

    Is it possible?

    Peter
    Piotrek W, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Piotrek W

    Savidge4 Guest

    >Hi,
    >
    >Sorry for off topic...
    >
    >Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?
    >
    >Is it possible?

    Peter,

    without doing a quick search on Sony's site I am going to guess that your
    camera will not do video input. the only way that you could input into the
    less expensive sony camcorders is through the firewire connection.

    if you already know that, well then there is a software issue. you may want to
    try the likes of Adobe's Premiere as an application I personally know does what
    you are asking!

    hope that helps!
    Savidge4, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Piotrek W

    Brothermark Guest

    > Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?

    This is a typical problem for european camcorders.
    At the time of import if the camcorder can perform DV-in the price goes
    miles higher, so they disable it so that they can keep the price down.

    In my panasonic minidv cam it was just a quick software change within the
    camera. I had to get my electrician brother to make me a custom cable but it
    all worked out fine. This was about 4 years ago now so I'm a little rusty.

    Search google for relevent terms. People actually sell kits. Here look at
    these ebay auctions:

    http://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/SaleSearch?satitle=dv in enable&socurrenc
    ydisplay=2&salocatedincountry=3&maxrecordsreturned=300&sosortproperty=1&ht=1
    &from=R10&sorecordsperpage=50&BasicSearch=

    You need to put that whole url in the internet window.

    ok hope that helps
    makr
    Brothermark, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Piotrek W

    admin Guest

    Greetings,

    "Piotrek W" <> wrote

    > Does enybody know how to enalble DV input an SONY DCR-TRV 12E camcoder?

    Try asking on: uk.rec.video.digital

    Peter
    admin, Sep 24, 2003