    Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.

    thanks
    Bob
    Leanin' Cedar, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Leanin' Cedar

    Mark² Guest

    "Leanin' Cedar" <> wrote in message
    news:HbWAe.21903$...
    > Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
    > directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow
    > first?
    >
    > I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that
    > will do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in
    > proshow gold)
    >
    > Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
    >
    > thanks
    > Bob

    ACDSee from acdsystems.com does this instantly.

    Any folder, or images you select together can instantly be a slide show,
    complete with automatic transitions you can choose...or not. Excellent in
    terms of IMMEDIATE slide shows with ZERO preparation.

    -Mark

    PS--ACDSee is a fantastic image browser/organizer, BTW. My program of
    choice for many moons...
    Mark², Jul 12, 2005

  3. On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:00:23 GMT, Leanin' Cedar wrote:
    > Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC directly
    > from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow first?
    >
    > I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that will
    > do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in proshow
    > gold)
    >
    > Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.

    Really?

    ImageMagick: display

    ImageMagick offers more -- much more.

    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    Pueblo, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | OS/2 __
    Allodoxaphobia, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Leanin' Cedar wrote:
    > Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC directly
    > from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow first?
    >
    > I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that will
    > do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in proshow
    > gold)
    >
    > Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
    >
    > thanks
    > Bob

    Bob,
    Windows XP native Picture and Fax Viewer will do this. There's an icon
    at the bottom that is "start slide show". If you have XP you can also
    download their RAW viewer which also has the slide show capabilities.
    Can't remember if the older versions of Windows had this or not.
    Paul
    Paul Schilter, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Thanks for the leads; looks like I have a project for the next couple of
    hours.
    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Jul 12, 2005
  6. Thanks Paul;
    I did not have Fax component installed in WinXP.
    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Jul 12, 2005
  7. Leanin' Cedar

    Dimitris M Guest

    I think that it is a native feature of XP. If you open a windows explorer in
    a foto folder, in the left pane you should see a selection to show as slide
    show. In case that you have not this selection, it may be installed from
    (free) microsoft power toys. I have this feature in all my computers, but I
    don't remember for sure if it is native or from Power toys. It plays all the
    folder, but not the subfolders in one command.
    --
    Dimitris M
    (áöáéñÝóôå ôï äéðëü ôÜö áðï ôçí äéåýèõíóç)
    Dimitris M, Jul 13, 2005
  8. Leanin' Cedar wrote:
    > Thanks Paul;
    > I did not have Fax component installed in WinXP.
    > Bob
    > "Paul Schilter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Leanin' Cedar wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
    >>>directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a slideshow
    >>>first?
    >>>
    >>>I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available) that
    >>>will do this without first creating a show by adding slides (such as in
    >>>proshow gold)
    >>>
    >>>Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
    >>>
    >>>thanks
    >>>Bob

    >>Bob,
    >>Windows XP native Picture and Fax Viewer will do this. There's an icon at
    >>the bottom that is "start slide show". If you have XP you can also
    >>download their RAW viewer which also has the slide show capabilities.
    >>Can't remember if the older versions of Windows had this or not.
    >>Paul

    Bob,
    Try downloading from MS:RAW viewer
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8e-b10d-4ce4-a141-5866fd4a3286&displaylang=en

    Paul
    Paul Schilter, Jul 13, 2005
  9. Leanin' Cedar

    Eric Babula Guest

    "Leanin' Cedar" <> wrote in

    > Is there any software that will let you play a slide show on the PC
    > directly from the folders and subfolders without creating a
    > slideshow first?
    >
    > I have Super JPG from midnight blue software(no longer available)
    > that will do this without first creating a show by adding slides
    > (such as in proshow gold)
    >
    > Did a bunch of Google, but could not find anything.
    >
    > thanks
    > Bob

    Webshots does this - download their Desktop viewer. You can import your
    own pics into the viewer with no problems, and view them as a slide
    show, or even use them as your screensaver.

    www.webshots.com

    --
    Eric Babula
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Eric Babula, Jul 13, 2005
  10. Leanin' Cedar

    Guest

    Another software can give you some helps.photo2dvd.

    You can import pictures or photos to it and preview them, with all the
    selected transition effect, the result would be cool. The software
    enables you build your own custom slideshow, and burn the finalized
    slideshow to DVD with its built-in burning program.

    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
    , Jul 14, 2005