    CBIC Guest

    I've decided to quit smoking after 20 years. It's my second day without a
    cigarette. Shut up and leave me alone. That is all.

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007

  2. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    news:...
    > >I've decided to quit smoking after 20 years. It's my second day without a
    >>cigarette. Shut up and leave me alone. That is all.

    > ummm can't you just smell all that fresh air!
    >
    > oh btw, do you think your body can handle the extra twenty pounds it's
    > going to gain ;-)

    Probably better than the 20 pound lung tumo(u)r that I would gain if I don't
    quit.

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007

  3. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I've decided to quit smoking after 20 years. It's my second day without a
    >cigarette. Shut up and leave me alone. That is all.

    ummm can't you just smell all that fresh air!

    oh btw, do you think your body can handle the extra twenty pounds it's
    going to gain ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  4. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Probably better than the 20 pound lung tumo(u)r that I would gain if I don't

    a truly frightening thought.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  5. CBIC

    > >Probably better than the 20 pound lung tumo(u)r that I would gain if I
    > >don't
    >>

    > a truly frightening thought.

    Indeed. Now I just need to figure out how to spend the time I would normally
    go have a smoke.

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007
  6. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> >I've decided to quit smoking after 20 years. It's my second day without a
    >>>cigarette. Shut up and leave me alone. That is all.

    >> ummm can't you just smell all that fresh air!
    >>
    >> oh btw, do you think your body can handle the extra twenty pounds it's
    >> going to gain ;-)
    >>

    >Probably better than the 20 pound lung tumo(u)r that I would gain if I don't
    >quit.

    btw, good luck.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  7. CBIC

    > btw, good luck.

    Thanks. I figure I was the one who got me addicted to the rotten b@st@rds so
    I'm the only one who can stop it.

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007
  8. CBIC

    > how about spending more time drinking? just a thought ;-)

    When I drink I smoke like a chimney. I'll have to lay off the sauce for
    awhile too. What the h3ll am I doing?

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007
  9. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  10. CBIC

    JaR Guest

    CBIC wrote:
    > I've decided to quit smoking after 20 years. It's my second day without a
    > cigarette. Shut up and leave me alone. That is all.

    One year, five months, here. If I can do it, anybody can. Hang in there,
    bud.

    My personality may not have improved, but at least I'm now a
    better-smelling B@stard.

    --
    JaR
    Out of Order

    JaR, Apr 2, 2007
  11. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> how about spending more time drinking? just a thought ;-)
    >>

    >When I drink I smoke like a chimney. I'll have to lay off the sauce for
    >awhile too. What the h3ll am I doing?

    well in that case you'll have to spend more time posting here!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  12. CBIC

    >>> how about spending more time drinking? just a thought ;-)
    >>>

    >>When I drink I smoke like a chimney. I'll have to lay off the sauce for
    >>awhile too. What the h3ll am I doing?

    > well in that case you'll have to spend more time posting here!

    I'm planning on taking the money I'm saving on smokes and buying some
    training material for CCNA. That's right, fsck MS certs ;)

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007
  13. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >One year, five months, here. If I can do it, anybody can. Hang in there,
    >bud.
    >
    >My personality may not have improved, but at least I'm now a
    >better-smelling B@stard.

    how much weight did you gain?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  14. CBIC

    JaR Guest

    Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> One year, five months, here. If I can do it, anybody can. Hang in there,
    >> bud.
    >>
    >> My personality may not have improved, but at least I'm now a
    >> better-smelling B@stard.

    > how much weight did you gain?

    Feh, I was a fat slob before I quit. Still am.

    --
    JaR
    About 30# if you must know

    JaR, Apr 2, 2007
  15. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in

    > I've decided to quit smoking after 20 years. It's my second day
    > without a cigarette. Shut up and leave me alone. That is all.

    I somked for 9 years, 2 packs a day at the end, then I quit
    cold turkey. That was 20 years ago.

    It took a full year before I loast all cravings for a smoke,
    but after 2 weeks the worst part is done.

    The rough spots:

    3 days - I can't stand it!
    2 weeks - what the heck, I've done so good I deserve just one
    1 month - hey, i did it - I'll smoke one to celebrate!
    3 months - screw this, I'm stressed - I need a smoke!
    1 year - you are free

    go luck with that

    0x22

    kpg, Apr 2, 2007
  16. CBIC

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I'm planning on taking the money I'm saving on smokes and buying some
    >training material for CCNA. That's right, fsck MS certs ;)

    the penny drops....

    good luck with that too.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2007
  17. CBIC

    CBIC Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > The rough spots:
    >
    > 3 days - I can't stand it!
    > 2 weeks - what the heck, I've done so good I deserve just one
    > 1 month - hey, i did it - I'll smoke one to celebrate!
    > 3 months - screw this, I'm stressed - I need a smoke!
    > 1 year - you are free
    >
    > go luck with that

    I'm trying to not freak myself out. Right now I'm telling myself I've
    stopped smoking. Saying I quit sounds so final it stresses me out which
    makes me want to smoke.

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007
  18. CBIC

    > >I'm planning on taking the money I'm saving on smokes and buying some
    >>training material for CCNA. That's right, fsck MS certs ;)

    > the penny drops....

    Penny my a$$. They're up to over 5 bucks a pack. I'm going to put a slip of
    paper that I'll write $5 on into a jar every day. After a few months I'm
    going to count up all that money and tell the wife I get to spend it on
    myself. Yeah, that's gonna go over real well. I bet I'll get to spend all
    the money on a nice pair of shoes for her...or maybe a new purse...I need a
    smoke.

    CBIC, Apr 2, 2007
  19. CBIC

    kpg Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in news:uLQ3MyUdHHA.2332
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> The rough spots:
    >>
    >> 3 days - I can't stand it!
    >> 2 weeks - what the heck, I've done so good I deserve just one
    >> 1 month - hey, i did it - I'll smoke one to celebrate!
    >> 3 months - screw this, I'm stressed - I need a smoke!
    >> 1 year - you are free
    >>
    >> go luck with that

    > I'm trying to not freak myself out. Right now I'm telling myself I've
    > stopped smoking. Saying I quit sounds so final it stresses me out which
    > makes me want to smoke.

    I know what you mean. I remember analyzing what it meant to quit. After
    all, in between smoking one and another you've technically quit.

    Quitting means *NEVER* smoking another. That's a long time. One day
    at a time, actually it's three minutes at a time.

    They say the urge to smoke lasts 3 minutes, so when you catch yourself
    fumbling around for a pack, just tell yourself - I can wait another 3
    minutes - then go on about some task. you'll forget about smoking
    until the next urge hits. Repeat until done, which, like I said, is
    about 2 weeks, then the urges occur only when triggered by events, like
    waking up, taking a shower, eating lunch, drinking a beer... well, you
    get the idea.

    I feel so superior now...thanks.

    0x22

    kpg, Apr 2, 2007