OT: Sad

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ken Briscoe, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    A close friend was hurt the other day. He was involved in a car accident.
    Not your typical car accident, as it was due to sheer stupidity, rather than
    chance. He was horsing around and jumped onto the outside of a pickup truck,
    and while moving (slowly, though), he slipped off and hit his head on the
    pavement. He crushed his brain stem, and things don't look good. He's on
    life support now, and will be for the forseeable future. While the doctors
    aren't using the word "coma", that's pretty much what it is. Although
    yesterdya came some good news - he squeezed his mother's hand on command.

    Why am I posting this here? Not for your sympathy, but just to explain why I
    wasn't around yesterday or over the weekend and why I probably won't be my
    regular self for a while. I'm just in shock and I'm kind of spacing out and
    just not feeling well. Anyway, it's put a lot of things in perspective, and
    suddenly slacking off at work to post to usenet doesn't seem so important.
    So, I might be gone for a while. I don't know. I might not feel like doing
    any work today, so I might be here all day. Hell, I might even continue
    rambling in this post. I have no idea. OK, not. Only kidding. I do have work
    to do, I might be back later. Bye.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Ken Briscoe

    Dayamm Guest

    Sorry dude ... on and on the rain will fall like tears
    from the stars, how fragile we are.

    Dayamm, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Sad

    drink beer, dont drive after. best of luck

    Consultant, Jul 13, 2004
  4. Ken Briscoe

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:uU#4kmNaEHA.1152
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > Why am I posting this here? Not for your sympathy,

    well, you get it any way. Hope the good news continues for your friend.
    Sometimes good stuff happens, sometimes it doesn't. All we can do is
    carry on. Take Consultant's advice...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Jul 13, 2004
  5. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Sad

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > drink beer, dont drive after. best of luck

    Driver of the truck was not drunk, and had not had even one drink. My
    friend, who was drunk, jumped onto the passenger's side door of the truck
    while it was moving slowly, and the driver pulled out of the driveway. The
    driver, as far as I know, fully intended to stop and not actually drive away
    with my buddy hanging on. But, kids being young and stupid (myself not
    excluded), he didn't stop until it was too late, and my friend had fallen
    off. There was definitely no intention of hurting him, and there was no
    crime, per se. Anyway, if you're interested, here's the story from a local
    newspaper - I believe it's yesterday afternoon's edition, but I'm not sure.
    It's not entirely accurate, which sucks, because now the world thinks he was
    having a party or something, which was not the case. Anyway, here it is.

    http://enterprise.southofboston.com/articles/2004/07/12/news/news/news04.txt

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/5ux8l

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 13, 2004
  6. Ken Briscoe

    kpg Guest

    Re: Sad

    Now I'm depressed.

    Hope he recovers soon.
    kpg, Jul 13, 2004
  7. Ken Briscoe

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Sad

    for once, i have nothing to say other then sorry man

    Consultant, Jul 13, 2004
  8. Ken Briscoe

    JaR Guest

    Re: Sad

    Ken Briscoe wrote:

    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>drink beer, dont drive after. best of luck

    > Driver of the truck was not drunk, and had not had even one drink. My
    > friend, who was drunk, jumped onto the passenger's side door of the truck
    > while it was moving slowly, and the driver pulled out of the driveway. The
    > driver, as far as I know, fully intended to stop and not actually drive away
    > with my buddy hanging on. But, kids being young and stupid (myself not
    > excluded), he didn't stop until it was too late, and my friend had fallen
    > off. There was definitely no intention of hurting him, and there was no
    > crime, per se. Anyway, if you're interested, here's the story from a local
    > newspaper - I believe it's yesterday afternoon's edition, but I'm not sure.
    > It's not entirely accurate, which sucks, because now the world thinks he was
    > having a party or something, which was not the case. Anyway, here it is.
    >
    > http://enterprise.southofboston.com/articles/2004/07/12/news/news/news04.txt
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5ux8l

    Aw sh$t, man. That was the "Sass" you were partying with last weekend?
    I'm so sorry. Hang in there bud, our thoughts are with both of ya.

    JaR
    JaR, Jul 13, 2004
  9. Ken Briscoe

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Sad

    My sincere sympathies to you and the family.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 13, 2004
  10. Ken Briscoe

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Re: Sad

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > Aw sh$t, man. That was the "Sass" you were partying with last weekend?

    Yeah, same.

    > I'm so sorry. Hang in there bud, our thoughts are with both of ya.

    Thanks. If I was a religious man, I'd ask you to pray for him and his
    family.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 13, 2004