    Microcephalic S. Bob
    MCNGP #46
    http://www.planetoftheheads.com/ - head first into the future
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 25, 2005

  2. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    Simpson Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    Well Bob, even in the unlikely event that you actually have some *genuine*
    experience in the IT field, you have to ask yourself - would I employ
    someone who is clearly insane?

    One word of advice, keep the fact you are a member of the MCNGP quiet.

    Simpson, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    "Simpson" <'> wrote in message
    > Well Bob, even in the unlikely event that you actually have some *genuine*
    > experience in the IT field, you have to ask yourself - would I employ
    > someone who is clearly insane?

    Simpson,

    Here we have you providing evidence that you are fundamentally inept. For my
    own entertainment, I'll make this evident by pointing out the two flaws in
    your statements.

    First, your assessment that I lack genuine IT experience is flawed, and if
    you were to review my qualifications, you'd find I have delivered on
    numerous significant projects. I need to rewrite a paragraph for my resume,
    simultaneously both proving you wrong and proving that I can write
    paragraphs, so I'll practice here, killing two birds with one stone.

    My most recent corporate employer was Washington's second largest privately
    held corporation, Westfarm Foods, the dairy cooperative behind the well
    established Darigold brand of dairy products. During the course of my
    employment, I developed several key projects for the organization.

    First and foremost among these was a milk quality and production reporting
    system which, on a daily basis, enables over 750 dairy producers to fine
    tune their milk production, locate and isolate health problems with their
    herd, and examine the trends in several major commodities markets. The
    system, the first of it's kind on the web, delivers charts and graphs that
    allow the farmer to move quickly to make feed and veterinary decisions which
    improve milk quality and increase milk production. The system was well
    recieved and you can read all about it here:
    http://www.roblindman.com/images/DairyPlanet.gif

    Next, in order to make a genuine and competent analysis of my psychological
    state, you'd need a number of things which I am fairly certain that you lack
    (Please, speak up if you have these). To begin with, if you are not trained
    as a psychologist, psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, or any other mental health
    professional, any assessment on your part with regards to my competency is
    most definately going to be lacking. Further, if you honestly believe that
    you can correctly ascertain my state of mind and psychological well being
    from a number of things that I TYPE while on the internet, which I've made
    apparent over the years are largely created for entertainment purposes, your
    own capacity is most definately questionable, because there isn't a
    competent mental health professional on the earth that is nutty enough to
    think he knows everything about a person's well being without actually
    talking to them.

    So, the short form: 1. IT experience, got it, and I kick @$$. 2. You're too
    stupid to decide if I'm crazy, and you're probably crazy if you think I'm
    crazy. 3. You suck.

    Microcephalic S. Bob
    http://www.mcngp.com/ - we've decided your crazy by remote control.
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 25, 2005
  4. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    JaR Guest

    > Well Bob, even in the unlikely event that you actually have some
    > *genuine* experience in the IT field, you have to ask yourself - would
    > I employ someone who is clearly insane?
    >
    > One word of advice, keep the fact you are a member of the MCNGP quiet.

    Well, Simp, (May I call you Simp?) the fact of the matter is, you are a
    dipwad. True, that may not be a terminal flaw in and of itself, but it is
    a flaw that wpould seem to preclude any likelihood of anything you say
    being taken seriously. Let's just go ahead and analyse the statement you
    made above, for example. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that
    our McBob is a vastly talented software developer, you pop right out
    there and claim otherwise. This would argue credibly for your sanity,
    Simp, or at least the lack of it.

    Next, Simp, you make the extraordinary claim that McBob is clearly
    insane, when it was in fact you that got all caught up in the excitement
    of your "Anti-MCNGP" delusion. Welcoming with great glee all new
    "members". When the only folks claiming to join you little farce were
    indeed, the MCNGP themselves. Strong argument for a frail grasp on
    reality there, Simp.

    --
    JaR
    Remove hat to reply
    JaR, Sep 25, 2005
  5. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    JaR <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Next, Simp, you make the extraordinary claim that McBob is clearly
    > insane, when it was in fact you that got all caught up in the
    > excitement of your "Anti-MCNGP" delusion. Welcoming with great glee
    > all new "members". When the only folks claiming to join you little
    > farce were indeed, the MCNGP themselves. Strong argument for a frail
    > grasp on reality there, Simp.

    I think you are confusing this troll with the one called lowdes. Unless
    they are two personalities of the same person. lowedes was accepting
    members and Simp makes up this arbitrary, meaningless league table every
    week or so. Perhaps you've seen it?

    Simp is trying to bait McBob 'cause he took over the league table and
    made it better. Come to think of it, he took over lowdes AMCNGP too.
    hmmmmm . . . Could be a connection after all . . . .

    HTH

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    > JaR <prattled ceaslessly in
    >> Next, Simp, you make the extraordinary claim that McBob is clearly
    >> insane, when it was in fact you that got all caught up in the
    >> excitement of your "Anti-MCNGP" delusion. Welcoming with great glee
    >> all new "members". When the only folks claiming to join you little
    >> farce were indeed, the MCNGP themselves. Strong argument for a frail
    >> grasp on reality there, Simp.

    "catwalker63" wrote
    > I think you are confusing this troll with the one called lowdes. Unless
    > they are two personalities of the same person. lowedes was accepting
    > members and Simp makes up this arbitrary, meaningless league table every
    > week or so. Perhaps you've seen it?

    God, I hope not. There's one of these MPD lamers in another group I
    frequent. What I hope is, they are probably two different people, but just
    variations on a theme. 'Cut from the same cloth', or sloth, as it were.

    > Simp is trying to bait McBob

    I wouldn't worry about Simp being able to bait me, and in fact I'd praise
    him for giving me an opportunity to link to my IT experience, and defend my
    sanity - at his expense.

    >'cause he took over the league table and
    > made it better. Come to think of it, he took over lowdes AMCNGP too.

    From the end of the Michael J. Fox movie, "The Secret Of My Success"...
    "You're not taking us over, we're taking YOU over!"

    In laymen's terms, the only way to outsmart stupid people is to become twice
    as stupid. That way, it takes too much effort for them to be the dumber
    person in the equation, and they give up.

    It had to be Neil that had a tagline of this sort, something to the effect
    of not getting into arguments with stupid people, because they bring you
    down to their level where they have more experience.

    > hmmmmm . . . Could be a connection after all . . . .

    If there's a connection between lowdes and Simp, I'd say it's more of a
    'missing link', similar to the one between 'homo erectus' and 'homo
    sapiens'. There's a definate cro-magnon connotation to the both of them.
    Well, maybe that's giving them too much of a step up on the evolutionary
    ladder. Either way, I still got to type 'homo' twice.

    Microcephalic S. "My Powers Are Beyond Your Understanding" Bob
    http://www.roblindman.com/ - dot comedy for the criminally insane
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 26, 2005
  7. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    >Well, Simp, (May I call you Simp?)

    Small impotent male person.

    >Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that
    >our McBob is a vastly talented software developer,

    but, but, but,,,, he puts visual basic down on his résumé as a *skill*
    :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 26, 2005
  8. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    Simpson Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    >Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that
    >our McBob is a vastly talented software developer,

    but, but, but,,,, he puts visual basic down on his résumé as a *skill*
    :)

    Kline, that was almost funny.
    Simpson, Sep 26, 2005
  9. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    >>Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that
    >>our McBob is a vastly talented software developer,

    >but, but, but,,,, he puts visual basic down on his résumé as a *skill*
    >:)
    >
    >Kline, that was almost funny.

    why only 'almost'?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Sep 26, 2005
  10. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
    >>>Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that
    >>>our McBob is a vastly talented software developer,

    >>but, but, but,,,, he puts visual basic down on his résumé as a *skill*
    >>:)
    >>
    >>Kline, that was almost funny.

    > why only 'almost'?

    Nevermind Simp. I thought it was hilarious, and I'm a VB programmer.
    Frisbee®, Sep 26, 2005
  11. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    JaR Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, catwalker63 spewed across the ether:

    > I think you are confusing this troll with the one called lowdes. Unless
    > they are two personalities of the same person. lowedes was accepting
    > members and Simp makes up this arbitrary, meaningless league table every
    > week or so. Perhaps you've seen it?
    >
    > Simp is trying to bait McBob 'cause he took over the league table and
    > made it better. Come to think of it, he took over lowdes AMCNGP too.
    > hmmmmm . . . Could be a connection after all . . . .

    Quite right you are. I've been on vacation and seem to have lost track of
    which luser is which. After a while, they all seem alike.

    Personally, I think they/it are minions of Paisely Skye sent over from
    icertify on scouting missions. They report back with the number of times we
    mention her name when they drop off her medications at the basket factory.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Sep 26, 2005
  12. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    LnkWizard Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, catwalker63 spewed across the ether:

    Paisely Skye

    > JaR
    > Thug 10110
    > MCNGP.com Dept of Conspiracies

    You say bad word

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Sep 26, 2005
  13. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    m0rk Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    ha ha ha...

    > VB 'programmer'

    you make me laff.
    m0rk

    m0rk, Sep 26, 2005
  14. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    JaR Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:

    > but, but, but,,,, he puts visual basic down on his r‚sum‚ as a *skill*

    You just scared the bejayzus outta the cat!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Sep 26, 2005
  15. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    kpg Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    m0rk <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\173044.htm (9/26/2005
    > 1:24:20 PM) # ha ha ha...
    >
    >> VB 'programmer'

    > you make me laff.
    > m0rk

    If you knew how much software was actually written in
    VB it would scare you.
    kpg, Sep 26, 2005
  16. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    m0rk Guest

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > If you knew how much software was actually written in
    > VB it would scare you.

    Ignorance is bliss
    m0rk, Sep 26, 2005
  17. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    Neil Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    did you hear "m0rk" <> say in news:NDXZe.1011$TL4.591
    @newsfe4-win.ntli.net:

    > Ignorance is bliss

    and I'm teh happiest man on the planet

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Hit me, beat me, make me write COBOL!
    Neil, Sep 26, 2005
  18. Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
    'programming' language is, but... Both VB and C are the same.

    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 26, 2005
  19. /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */

    kpg Guest

    Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    /* Microcephalic \"Simpson\" Bob */ <@> said something like

    > # Name-Host Conflict: file://c:\temp\173083.htm (9/26/2005 4:35:31 PM) #
    > Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
    > 'programming' language is, but... Both VB and C are the same.

    Actually it can be proven that all programming languages are
    equivlent. They can all solve any computalbe function and
    can't solve any non-computable function, as in the halting
    problem. The simplist language, one composed of an increment
    function, a test for zero and a jump can be used to write
    any program. But from experience I can tell you the code
    gets VERY large VERY fast. So aside from any valid concerns
    about size and speed the choice of programming language is
    unimportant. It's the programmer that matters.

    kp "It ain't the tool, it's the engineer." g
    kpg, Sep 26, 2005
  20. Re: Rhetoric and terminology

    > /* Microcephalic \"Simpson\" Bob */ <@> said something like
    >
    >> # Name-Host Conflict: file://c:\temp\173083.htm (9/26/2005 4:35:31 PM) #
    >> Not looking to get into an elongated debate about what the best
    >> 'programming' language is, but... Both VB and C are the same.

    > Actually it can be proven that all programming languages are
    > equivlent. They can all solve any computalbe function and
    > can't solve any non-computable function, as in the halting
    > problem. The simplist language, one composed of an increment
    > function, a test for zero and a jump can be used to write
    > any program. But from experience I can tell you the code
    > gets VERY large VERY fast. So aside from any valid concerns
    > about size and speed the choice of programming language is
    > unimportant. It's the programmer that matters.
    >
    > kp "It ain't the tool, it's the engineer." g

    What am I going to do, argue with you?

    Some points to add... The purpose of the software and the need for what it
    does is what guides the choices of language.

    If it's for a business environment, the and the costs need to be low, and
    stability is a factor, and so on blah blah blah, choose your 'rapid
    application development' language.

    If it's for some hardcore video compression math experiment and needs to
    perform heavy duty calculations at the lowest level and the costs can be
    justified, and so on blah blah blah, choose your 'optimal performance
    hardcore' language.

    At the end of all of this, what I foresee happening is that most, if not
    all, programming languages will use runtimes, and in the case of VB and C++,
    this is already a factor.

    In VB.Net, there's a common language runtime, so I suspect compiled
    applications in either language wind up being about the same type of
    bytecodes.

    But the processor gets faster and the operating system gets beefier. So
    performance factors in programming languages are a moot point.

    It's the budget that matters.
    /* Microcephalic \Simpson\ Bob */, Sep 26, 2005