    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please touch !)
    Cerebrus, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > http://www.beyonddelay.org/

    Must be a left wing hate group - far too many R's
    in there. I happen to know it's the D's that are
    corrupt.

    Stay out of US politics.
    kpg, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    kpg wrote:

    > Stay out of US politics.

    Is that a threat ? Don't tell me you really believe I'm gonna run for
    office ? Actually I do run for office every day, but it's only because
    I'm perpetually late ! ;-)
    Cerebrus, Nov 17, 2006
  4. Cerebrus

    kpg Guest

    As Cerebrus once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > kpg wrote:
    >
    >> Stay out of US politics.

    > Is that a threat ? Don't tell me you really believe I'm gonna run for
    > office ? Actually I do run for office every day, but it's only because
    > I'm perpetually late ! ;-)

    No. It's a given (not just the US, but for all places and for
    all time) that politicians are corrupt. Oh, sure, you might find
    some Mr. Smith goes to Washington type every so often, but most
    of them, like most of us, are in it for themselves.

    So to point out the corruption of another nations politicians is
    kind of a cheap shot. Don't you have politicians in your Country?
    Are they not corrupt also? (Trust me, they are.)

    Sure, we're the 800 pound all consuming, omnipresent, sticking
    our finger in everything gorilla, but that's not our fault, it's
    just how historic events converged, I mean, someone has to do it.

    But what really bothered me (and it's not like it bothered me all
    that much) wasn't the foreign commentary, but in the US we are fairly
    evenly divided between those that love the country and those that
    hate the country. Now I suspect that each side thinks its the other
    side that hates/loves, but that's not the point. I liked it better
    when it was 60/40 or 70/30, no matter which side was in charge.

    Parity sucks in the NFL and it sucks in government too. So we get
    a lot of kooks on both sides that can now actually sway the balance,
    and I hate kooks, excerpt maybe for target practice.

    BTW - this may interest you. In Louisiana we have a US rep, Bobby
    Jindal. He ran for governor last time and lost to momma, but he
    plans on running again. I don't know where he was born (I think the
    US, he speaks very good English) but he is of Indian (dot not feather)
    descent and one of the smartest people in the state. He may be that
    Mr. Smith I was talking about. Problem is, he's a little too brown
    for the people down here (were a little provincial, if you last name
    isn't French or Italian, we don't like you).

    So if you ran for office, heck, I would vote for you.

    kpg
    kpg, Nov 17, 2006
  5. Cerebrus

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >No. It's a given (not just the US, but for all places and for
    >all time) that politicians are corrupt.

    in fact in most countries it's far worse, sh*t hole china for one.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 17, 2006
  6. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    kpg wrote:

    > No. It's a given (not just the US, but for all places and for
    > all time) that politicians are corrupt. Oh, sure, you might find
    > some Mr. Smith goes to Washington type every so often, but most
    > of them, like most of us, are in it for themselves.

    Agreed that politicians are corrupt. But unless you have evidence of
    their misdeeds you can't even begin to differentiate between the
    extremely corrupt and not-so-corrupt ones. Or maybe some of them know
    how to hide their actions better. So, it can be advantageous to know
    which ones have tangible evidence against them.

    > So to point out the corruption of another nations politicians is
    > kind of a cheap shot. Don't you have politicians in your Country?
    > Are they not corrupt also? (Trust me, they are.)

    I don't believe it's a cheap shot at all. I'm not pointing fingers at
    your politicians, or even beginning to compare them with my own
    country's politicians. ALL politicians in my own country are EXTREMELY
    corrupt, so there is no use of commenting about them. I am under the
    impression that there is a key difference between the political
    mentality of our politicians versus yours. Americans strongly believe
    that they are the most superior country on earth, and that belief makes
    them attach a high value to the status of the average American.
    Therefore, they atleast make an effort to improve the quality of life
    of all Americans. In contrast, Indians do not have this belief about
    themselves. Therefore, Indian politicians do not care if the Indian
    public languishes. The average Indian is only concerned about himself
    and doesn't give a damn about other Indians. Our political system is
    hopeless, but yours is interesting to me since it is MUCH MUCH cleaner,
    and it appears that most of your politicians really do care.

    I did not compile the database on the site. The site is probably
    created by an American to share information with Americans, in the hope
    that they would be better equipped with knowledge when the time comes
    to vote. I just came across it and found it interesting that such
    evidence could exist in the public domain.

    > But what really bothered me (and it's not like it bothered me all
    > that much) wasn't the foreign commentary, ...

    It isn't about foreign commentary at all. As I qualified my original
    link, it's just an interesting tidbit of information that some might
    not be aware of.

    > BTW - this may interest you. In Louisiana we have a US rep, Bobby
    > Jindal. He ran for governor last time and lost to momma, but he
    > plans on running again. I don't know where he was born (I think the
    > US, he speaks very good English) but he is of Indian (dot not feather)
    > descent and one of the smartest people in the state. He may be that
    > Mr. Smith I was talking about. Problem is, he's a little too brown
    > for the people down here (were a little provincial, if you last name
    > isn't French or Italian, we don't like you).

    > So if you ran for office, heck, I would vote for you.

    Thanks. I'd do the same for you.

    Cerebrus, Nov 19, 2006