    the system freezes for 3 seconds while it loads the file.

    Cheers

    Ben

    Ben, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Ben

    Jerz Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    "Set Program Access and Defaults"?

    That is located in "Control Panel" --> "Add remove Programs" ---> "Set

    Jerz, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    No, that just sets the default media player, mine is already set to 'use
    current player' not WMP. No option in there to disable WMP shell
    intigration.

    Ben, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Ben

    Jerz Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    Well then can't you just disassociate it from playing all file types under
    options/filetypes in media player so it doesn't atuomatically start when you
    click an mp3?

    Jerz, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    I think you may have mis-understood what I am trying to do. If I double
    click on an mp3 it opens in winamp, which is fine, the file is associated
    with winamp also. If I just highlight an mp3, say to rename it, or copy &
    paste it, the system freezes for a few seconds, while it loads the file into
    the mini wmp player in the left hand pane of the folder, much like when you
    click on a jpeg or gif and you see the mini image in the left pane.
    It must be due to some wmp shell extension or something!

    Ben

    Ben, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Ben

    Jerz Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    Yep, guess I did misunderstand, but then again I've got about 7000 mp3's on
    a server and when I click on them to edit I don't get a pause or system
    freeze across the network and winamp is set as default.

    Good luck.

    Jerz, Oct 25, 2004
  7. Ben

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > I think you may have mis-understood what I am trying to do. If I double
    > click on an mp3 it opens in winamp, which is fine, the file is associated
    > with winamp also. If I just highlight an mp3, say to rename it, or copy &
    > paste it, the system freezes for a few seconds, while it loads the file

    into
    > the mini wmp player in the left hand pane of the folder, much like when

    you
    > click on a jpeg or gif and you see the mini image in the left pane.
    > It must be due to some wmp shell extension or something!
    >
    > Ben

    I had the same problem, and asked over in both the WinXP groups and Media
    player groups. Bunch of tools over there tell me to google. Like I hadn't
    already thought of that. Anywho, if you do figure it out, let me know, since
    my workaround involves, um, not using that computer....

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Oct 25, 2004
  8. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    Yeah I've asked on the media player group too, no reply :-( like you I did a
    google, found shellexview, but that doesn't show anything, also googled MS
    site for 'media player disable shell extensions' which returned nothing of
    help!
    I think its another case of MS trying to push their software on everyone, if
    you have wmp auto loading files ready to play all the time your less likely
    to use anyone elses software.

    Ben, Oct 25, 2004
  9. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    Maybe you don't have wmp 9 installed, or view your mp3s in detail mode, or
    have web content enabled on folder view.
    At home I also have a large number of mp3s, but I haven't installed wmp and
    just use winamp 9 and its fine.

    &

    Ben, Oct 25, 2004
  10. Ben

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    "Ken Briscoe" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > "Ben" <> wrote in message
    >> I think you may have mis-understood what I am trying to do. If I
    >> double click on an mp3 it opens in winamp, which is fine, the file is
    >> associated with winamp also. If I just highlight an mp3, say to
    >> rename it, or copy & paste it, the system freezes for a few seconds,
    >> while it loads the file into the mini wmp player in the left hand
    >> pane of the folder, much like when you click on a jpeg or gif and you
    >> see the mini image in the left pane. It must be due to some wmp shell
    >> extension or something!
    >>
    >> Ben
    >>

    > I had the same problem, and asked over in both the WinXP groups and
    > Media player groups. Bunch of tools over there tell me to google. Like
    > I hadn't already thought of that. Anywho, if you do figure it out, let
    > me know, since my workaround involves, um, not using that computer....

    Both of you need to switch to classic folder style.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    catwalker63, Oct 25, 2004
  11. Ben

    kpg Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    > Both of you need to switch to classic folder style.

    Don't live in the past.

    kpg, Oct 25, 2004
  12. Ben

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    "kpg" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    >> Both of you need to switch to classic folder style.

    > Don't live in the past.

    I don't. I live in the present where I'm grown up and don't need
    pictures and other memory hogging stuff cluttering up my screen. <g>

    catwalker63, Oct 25, 2004
  13. Ben

    kpg Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    > I don't. I live in the present where I'm grown up and don't need
    > pictures and other memory hogging stuff cluttering up my screen. <g>

    Then you should avoid using Windows <VBEG>
    kpg

    kpg, Oct 25, 2004
  14. Ben

    Neil Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    incase you missed it catwalker63 <> said in

    > "Ken Briscoe" <> prattled ceaslessly in
    >
    >> "Ben" <> wrote in message
    >>> I think you may have mis-understood what I am trying to do. If I
    >>> double click on an mp3 it opens in winamp, which is fine, the file is
    >>> associated with winamp also. If I just highlight an mp3, say to
    >>> rename it, or copy & paste it, the system freezes for a few seconds,
    >>> while it loads the file into the mini wmp player in the left hand
    >>> pane of the folder, much like when you click on a jpeg or gif and you
    >>> see the mini image in the left pane. It must be due to some wmp shell
    >>> extension or something!
    >>>
    >>> Ben
    >>>

    >> I had the same problem, and asked over in both the WinXP groups and
    >> Media player groups. Bunch of tools over there tell me to google. Like
    >> I hadn't already thought of that. Anywho, if you do figure it out, let
    >> me know, since my workaround involves, um, not using that computer....
    >>

    > Both of you need to switch to classic folder style.

    yep, I'll go with Catwalker on this one...turns off all that goofy crap
    on teh sidebar....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 25, 2004
  15. Ben

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    > yep, I'll go with Catwalker on this one...turns off all that goofy crap
    > on teh sidebar....

    I concur.

    Jtyc, Oct 25, 2004
  16. Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    >yep, I'll go with Catwalker on this one...turns off all

    that goofy crap
    >on teh sidebar....

    no it doesn't

    Keyboard Cowboy, Oct 25, 2004
  17. Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    Yes it does.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Oct 25, 2004
  18. Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    No it doesn't.

    Man... This place is dead today. resorting to arguing
    with myself. That is so sad.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Oct 25, 2004
  19. Ben

    Jtyc Guest

    Re: Removing Media Player Intigration?

    > Man... This place is dead today. resorting to arguing
    > with myself. That is so sad.

    Yes.

    Jtyc, Oct 25, 2004
  20. Ben