    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Re: Recommendation on Imaging Software

    you caught my attention by saying imaging software... I was thinking in
    terms of banking though.. haha Imaging software for processing checks and
    financial intstruments... You aren't talking about that though so my
    response to this was pointless. haha

    Keith Chilton, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Michael D. Alligood

    LRM Guest

    Re: Recommendation on Imaging Software

    > Suffice to say I am out of the loop with drive imaging software nowadays.
    > I am doing research on the major brands on the market, but wanted your
    > feedback on what you use -- advantages / disadvantages.
    >
    > Situation: 4 PC SMB that requires very minimal downtime due to its
    > promised deadlines. I need imaging software that will restore the PC back
    > to its original state before the failure. This software also needs to
    > perform a daily snapshot (image backup) automatically.
    >
    > Any recommendation?

    In a small environment like that, try Acronis or BEX from symantec/veritas
    with intelligent recovery disk and see which suits your needs best.

    I've used both and Acronis might work best for you but check out the specs
    on their websites to make your own choice.

    LRM, Apr 25, 2007
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    kpg Guest

    Re: Recommendation on Imaging Software

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in

    > you caught my attention by saying imaging software... I was thinking
    > in terms of banking though.. haha Imaging software for processing
    > checks and financial intstruments... You aren't talking about that
    > though so my response to this was pointless. haha

    So you hit the send button becuase...?

    kpg, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Re: Recommendation on Imaging Software

    yep just because you are on top of that one

    Keith Chilton, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Back in the day, 2001-2002, Symantec had a Ghost Server with a agent managed
    deployement which would take snap shots at scheduled days or times. It worked
    very well. That product is now called the Ghost Solution Suite.

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uZV9EaXJ0X0NoZWFw?=, Apr 26, 2007
  7. Michael D. Alligood

    kpg Guest

    Re: Recommendation on Imaging Software

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in news:eZL2yB4hHHA.1624
    @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

    > yep just because you are on top of that one
    >
    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> you caught my attention by saying imaging software... I was thinking
    >>> in terms of banking though.. haha Imaging software for processing
    >>> checks and financial intstruments... You aren't talking about that
    >>> though so my response to this was pointless. haha

    >> So you hit the send button becuase...?

    I knew it. Kinda of like your poasting. :p

    kpg, Apr 26, 2007
  8. Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > Suffice to say I am out of the loop with drive imaging software
    > nowadays. I am doing research on the major brands on the market, but
    > wanted your feedback on what you use -- advantages / disadvantages.
    >
    > Situation: 4 PC SMB that requires very minimal downtime due to its
    > promised deadlines. I need imaging software that will restore the PC
    > back to its original state before the failure. This software also needs
    > to perform a daily snapshot (image backup) automatically.
    >
    > Any recommendation?
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    > CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Altiris has some excellent products. I am unsure of their pricing for
    such a small installation. They have an eval version and I would
    suggest you check them out either way.

    --
    Jonathan Roberts
    MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCP

    Information on MS VHD Images: http://tinyurl.com/y5bozl
    Great MS Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/default.aspx
    Feedback on 70-431 Exam: http://www.jonathanroberts.eu/?p=6

    Jonathan Roberts, Apr 30, 2007
  9. My firm uses Altiris (now owned by Symantec) which does have a snapshot
    module. You can setup a task to run at a set time daily, on any or all of
    your machines. Another one to look at is an IBM product called Tivoli, same
    feature set as Altiris, they are both built on SMS. The major differences
    between Altiris/Tivoli and SMS is that Altiris/Tivoli is pretty complete out
    of the box, while with SMS. most of the actions you want to run you need to
    write scripts for.

    =?Utf-8?B?TUpW?=, May 3, 2007
  10. Since Ghost 10 stuffing up my backup and me spending hours on the phone to
    Symantic I have lost all faith in Symantic and I tried Acronis and it was the
    same poor service.

    I have now replaced the Symantic firewall with Avira a German company and
    have had no problems and now I am looking for a replacement for Ghost, it was
    great when it was Norton Ghost.

    I will have a look at BEX

    any other sugestions appreciated

    pity altiris is now owned by symantic