OT Rechargable batteries

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by E. Scrooge, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "me here" <> wrote in message
    news:rzQ%a.12053$...
    > I have an AA battery charger I got with my digital camera. Holds 2
    > batteries. Panasonic DE894
    > Input: 110V-240V 50-60Hz 0.07A
    > Output: 1.5V 0.4A * 2
    >
    > As I have children and there is a plethora of toys that require
    > batteries can I but some standard AA batteries for use with the toys and
    > use this charger for charging them?
    >
    > Gavin

    It would only give them a very short bit of extra life, they're not designed
    for reusing.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Aug 17, 2003

  2. E. Scrooge

    Jacob Boehme Guest

    me here allegedly said:

    > I have an AA battery charger I got with my digital camera. Holds 2
    > batteries. Panasonic DE894
    > Input: 110V-240V 50-60Hz 0.07A
    > Output: 1.5V 0.4A * 2
    >
    > As I have children and there is a plethora of toys that require
    > batteries can I but some standard AA batteries for use with the toys and
    > use this charger for charging them?

    No.

    They might/probably will explode (so I have been told).

    Jacob Boehme, Aug 18, 2003

  3. E. Scrooge

    Stuart Guest

    "me here" <> wrote in message
    > As I have children and there is a plethora of toys that require
    > batteries can I but some standard AA batteries for use with the toys and
    > use this charger for charging them?

    Only if you buy standard *rechargeable* AA batteries!

    Stuart

    ---

    Stuart, Aug 18, 2003
  4. E. Scrooge

    colinco Guest

    In article <QA00b.12215$>, me here wrote...
    > Sorry, I meant to say I want to use Standard Rechargable batteries, not
    > NiMH as I use for my digital camera. I am just unsure of the charger is
    > specifically for high performance camera.

    NiMh are becoming easier to get than NiCad and about same price.
    $3.50-$7.50 depending on capacity.
    http://www.ecobatteries.co.nz/batteries.html not bad for 2000mAh

    me here, Aug 18, 2003
  6. E. Scrooge