OT <RANT>

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by kat, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. kat

    kat Guest

    Well. After several days of escaping the Borg-like agency which is
    incorporating our IT dept, they finally managed to assimilate my pc. It
    was hastily reimaged, and with the knowledge I work in the IT dept, they
    decided I was knowledgable enough to install my own programs. So they
    therefor proceeded to wipe my pc, install XP, and throw it at me,
    expecting me to be able to carry on with my IT duties as normal, without
    so much as my email account set up.

    Finally, after spending all day reconfiguring my pc to my liking, it's
    up and running, and I'm back at full force. I'm still not impressed with
    the set up, but at least I still have admin rights (courtesy of myself),
    while other users are completely locked down.

    And I have to admit, it was extremely funny to hear that they ran a
    script automatically shutting pc's off when the user logged in without
    "their" virus scanner. Resistance is futile.

    </rant>
    --
    Kat MCNGP #29

    /* Who you lookin at? */