OT: railway sleepers

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. In article <42c8b8c4$>, thing <> wrote:
    >SNOman wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >> Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
    >> nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
    >> unpleasant experience and as you are all such a knowledgable bunce I'm
    >> sure someone will have an appropriate answer.
    >>
    >> As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have
    >> found a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better
    >> price?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >nz.tech?

    nz.wanted ??

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    SNOman, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    thing Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
    > nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
    > unpleasant experience and as you are all such a knowledgable bunce I'm
    > sure someone will have an appropriate answer.
    >
    > As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have
    > found a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better
    > price?
    >
    > Thanks

    nz.tech?

    treated or un-treated? ie creosoted or not?

    Untreated Macrocarpa "sleepers" can be bought from building/garden
    suppliers so maybe ring around? but they are in the order of
    $25~30....in WGTN the best price I know of is/was $27......

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Jul 4, 2005
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    BTMO Guest

    Re: railway sleepers

    "SNOman" <> wrote

    > As subject suggests. After railway sleepers in Auckland. So far have found
    > a supply of 200x100x2100 for $30 a piece. Anybody know of a better price?

    If you are after authentic railway sleepers, $30 sounds about right.

    If you want a piece of timber of the approximate dimensions listed above,
    try the local Mitre 10 builders depot. I got half a dozen pieces (in
    Wellington - Lower Hutt - admittedly) that size for a project at our place
    for about $15 each - and they cut them to length for me at no extra cost...

    Cheers,

    Brenton

    BTMO, Jul 4, 2005
  5. Bruce Sinclair

    N.Oway Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Hoping someone can help. I really don't want to go anywhere near
    > nz.general with this as I find most of what's in there to be an
    > unpleasant experience

    misc.transport.rail.australia-nz

    N.Oway, Jul 4, 2005