    last line: "Perhaps it is because I am Canadian".

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Jan 9, 2006

  2. LnkWizard

    James Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    I've heard of them.
    I don't drink coffee, but theres a few of them around anyways.
    why do you ask?

    James, Jan 9, 2006

  3. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LnkWizard" <> say in

    > 1. Have you ever heard of a coffee company called Second Cup
    > and what is your opinion of them?

    yep, they have several in Toronto. They are ok, nice little shop at each
    of the subway stations. Used to stop there on my way to work and coming
    home again when I lived in T.O. I prefer Timmies....

    > Specifically for Neil:
    > 2. Did you star in the recent Discovery Channel Commercial
    > for the show called "Mythbusters"? I'll quote the actor's(?)
    > last line: "Perhaps it is because I am Canadian".

    no, but if somebody is out there impersonating me again, I am really
    gonna hafta open a blistering can o' whop@$$ on someone

    --
    InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

    Neil, Jan 9, 2006
  4. LnkWizard

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "LnkWizard" <> wrote in news:upwPZjWFGHA.2036
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > 1. Have you ever heard of a coffee company called Second Cup
    > and what is your opinion of them?

    i only go to the ones where the girls wear short skirts and low tops.

    > Specifically for Neil:
    > 2. Did you star in the recent Discovery Channel Commercial
    > for the show called "Mythbusters"? I'll quote the actor's(?)
    > last line: "Perhaps it is because I am Canadian".

    it was him! i was there! i saw it all! i swear it was him.

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
    CBIC, circa 2005

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  5. LnkWizard

    T-Bone Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    "LnkWizard" <> wrote
    > 1. Have you ever heard of a coffee company called Second Cup
    > and what is your opinion of them?

    Not as prevalent as Timmy's or Starbucks around here, but they seem to be
    appearing in the shopping malls everywhere. I'm not a big coffee purist, but
    the coffaholics I work with say they are good.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Jan 10, 2006
  6. LnkWizard

    LnkWizard Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > I've heard of them.
    > I don't drink coffee, but theres a few of them around anyways.
    > why do you ask?

    I used to work as an assistant manager/barista at their wholly
    owned US subsidiary. I always thought their product was
    much better than Starbucks and that was even before I
    started working for them.
    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Jan 10, 2006
  7. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    did you hear "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> say in news:u9KsTFZFGHA.3000
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > I'm not a big coffee purist, but
    > the coffaholics I work with say they are good.

    'sokay, I like Timmies better

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Loop, Endless: (noun) See Endless Loop.

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  8. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Rowdy Yates <> say in

    > it was him! i was there! i saw it all! i swear it was him.

    you're impersonating me again aren't you. Now you're trying to blame stuff
    on me....AND ALL THIS JUST BEFORE THE ELECTION!!!!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Please God, give me patience - but HURRY!

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  9. LnkWizard

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    "LnkWizard" <> wrote in news:O$$bUleFGHA.1032
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > "James" <> wrote in message
    >> I've heard of them.
    >> I don't drink coffee, but theres a few of them around anyways.
    >> why do you ask?
    >>

    > I used to work as an assistant manager/barista at their wholly
    > owned US subsidiary. I always thought their product was
    > much better than Starbucks and that was even before I
    > started working for them.

    dude. it's just fuskin' coffee. we are not talkin' about creme brule here.

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  10. LnkWizard

    James Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    Yeah here the ratio of Tim Hortins (Wendy's) is like 20-1 to Second Cups...

    James, Jan 10, 2006
  11. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    did you hear "James" <> say in

    > Yeah here the ratio of Tim Hortins (Wendy's) is like 20-1 to Second
    > Cups...

    It may be different in Toronto. The GTA (downtown core anyway) seems to
    have a surprisingly small number fo TH's. I can think of maybe 5 or 10 and
    about teh same number of Second cups (In malls and stuff) and there are
    also a fair number of "Timothy's" (no relation to Tim Horton) and all those
    pancy pants "Culture's"

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  12. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    > dude. it's just fuskin' coffee. we are not talkin' about creme brule
    > here.

    WTF!?!?! OUT! GET THE H3LL OUT OF HERE YOU TRAITOR!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - "I'm bored," he said lumberingly.

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  13. LnkWizard

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    >there are
    >also a fair number of "Timothy's"

    timma
    timmaa
    timmaaa

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  14. LnkWizard

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    <snip>

    > dude. it's just fuskin' coffee. we are not talkin' about creme brule here.

    "Just fsking coffee", I haven't even heard my lusers say
    such a silly thing in all my life.

    Are you sure you're in the I.T. field? Coffee is the life blood of IT.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Jan 10, 2006
  15. LnkWizard

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in news:Xns97477B86EEC3Eneilmcsegmailcom@
    207.46.248.16:

    > did you hear Rowdy Yates <> say in
    >
    >> dude. it's just fuskin' coffee. we are not talkin' about creme brule
    >> here.

    > WTF!?!?! OUT! GET THE H3LL OUT OF HERE YOU TRAITOR!

    i said it. and i will stand by it.

    it's just FUSKIN COFFEE!!! you addicts!!

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  16. LnkWizard

    JaR Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    the plaintive wail of Rowdy Yates:

    > WTF!?!?! OUT! GET THE H3LL OUT OF HERE YOU TRAITOR!
    >>

    > i said it. and i will stand by it.
    >
    > it's just FUSKIN COFFEE!!! you addicts!!

    What are you? A tea drinker?

    That's it, isn't it?

    You're a bloody TEA Drinker!

    OH MY SUFFERING LOWERED! ROWDY'S A _TEA DRINKER_!!!

    Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 10, 2006
  17. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    > it's just FUSKIN COFFEE!!! you addicts!!

    you are off my christmas list

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Are we having any fun yet?

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  18. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > OH MY SUFFERING LOWERED! ROWDY'S A _TEA DRINKER_!!!
    >

    > Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

    pinkies up..

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Are we having any fun yet?

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  19. LnkWizard

    Briscobar Guest

    Re: Questions for the canadians

    Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:

    >> there are
    >> also a fair number of "Timothy's"

    > timma
    > timmaa
    > timmaaa

    You shouldn't make fun of gays.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com claims to have seen the Loch Ness monster on several
    occasions.

    Briscobar, Jan 10, 2006
  20. LnkWizard

    Neil Guest

    > Are you sure you're in the I.T. field? Coffee is the life blood of IT.

    and cigarettes the air we breathe..well I gave it up, BUT I STAND BY THE
    STATEMENT ANYWAY!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - I won't smile till the world says it's sorry.

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006