    chance in the computer industry if I get a web development degree? Or
    should I stick to the medical industry? Thanks!

    Jenn
    Jenn, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Jenn

    Harrison Guest

    Jenn,
    Stick with the medical.
    The human body changes much more slowly than does technology.
    If you go tech, you will always be required to stay up to date to
    maintain your marketability.
    While this is somewhat true with the medical field as well, currently
    the medical route is the best way to go. If you're in the US, there's
    no question about it. The Medical sector is hiring and recruiting
    madly, while the tech sector is downsizing and laying off.

    Harrison, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Jenn

    ilmc Guest

    Re: Question about Computer Career

    Jenn typed:
    > Hi all,
    > This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from
    > computer experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree
    > and a web development degree. My background is 6-7 years of
    > administrative experience. I work part-time right now doing web
    > development (easy HTML stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school
    > part-time. Would I have a chance in the computer industry if I get
    > a web development degree? Or should I stick to the medical industry?
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jenn

    May I re-enforce what "Harrison" said above?
    Lots of people are (sort of) proficient with computers. Its the application
    to specific areas of expertise, like medicine, that get the jobs
    ilmc, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Jenn

    John Holmes Guest

    Re: Question about Computer Career

    ilmc came up with this:

    > Jenn typed:
    >> Hi all,
    >> This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from
    >> computer experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree
    >> and a web development degree. My background is 6-7 years of
    >> administrative experience. I work part-time right now doing web
    >> development (easy HTML stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school
    >> part-time. Would I have a chance in the computer industry if I get
    >> a web development degree? Or should I stick to the medical industry?
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Jenn

    > May I re-enforce what "Harrison" said above?
    > Lots of people are (sort of) proficient with computers. Its the
    > application to specific areas of expertise, like medicine, that get
    > the jobs

    I agree with that poast. I'm not happy in my current IT-job and it's hard
    to find another job. I should have sticked with medicine 15 years ago.

    --
    Somebody is watching you.

    -John Holmes-
    John Holmes, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Jenn

    Budweiser Guest

    "Jenn" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from computer
    > experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree and a web
    > development degree. My background is 6-7 years of administrative
    > experience. I work part-time right now doing web development (easy HTML
    > stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school part-time. Would I have a
    > chance in the computer industry if I get a web development degree? Or
    > should I stick to the medical industry? Thanks!
    >
    > Jenn

    Go with the medical stuff-----web development?-give it a while and there
    will be a wysiwyg programme that does all

    just my 0.2
    Budweiser, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Jenn

    Rud Guest

    "Jenn" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from computer
    > experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree and a web
    > development degree. My background is 6-7 years of administrative
    > experience. I work part-time right now doing web development (easy HTML
    > stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school part-time. Would I have a
    > chance in the computer industry if I get a web development degree? Or
    > should I stick to the medical industry? Thanks!
    >
    > Jenn

    Medical every time.
    Rud, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Jenn

    ilmc Guest

    Re: Question about Computer Career

    > I agree with that poast. I'm not happy in my current IT-job and it's
    > hard to find another job. I should have sticked with medicine 15
    > years ago.

    Just to prove I read the replies...
    poast?

    <eg> and pass the whiskey!
    ilmc, Jan 31, 2004
  8. Jenn

    Harrison Guest

    Re: Question about Computer Career

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:53:30 +0100, John Holmes
    <> wrote:

    >ilmc came up with this:

    >> Jenn typed:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from
    >>> computer experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree
    >>> and a web development degree. My background is 6-7 years of
    >>> administrative experience. I work part-time right now doing web
    >>> development (easy HTML stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school
    >>> part-time. Would I have a chance in the computer industry if I get
    >>> a web development degree? Or should I stick to the medical industry?
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> Jenn

    >> May I re-enforce what "Harrison" said above?
    >> Lots of people are (sort of) proficient with computers. Its the
    >> application to specific areas of expertise, like medicine, that get
    >> the jobs
    >>

    >I agree with that poast. I'm not happy in my current IT-job and it's hard
    >to find another job. I should have sticked with medicine 15 years ago.

    So far, it's a one-sided contest.
    I wonder how it would be if she'd cross-posted to a medical group?
    Harrison, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Jenn

    Sultan Guest

    Jenn wrote in news:eek:eBSb.5807$:

    > Hi all,
    > This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from computer
    > experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree and a web
    > development degree. My background is 6-7 years of administrative
    > experience. I work part-time right now doing web development (easy HTML
    > stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school part-time. Would I have a
    > chance in the computer industry if I get a web development degree? Or
    > should I stick to the medical industry? Thanks!
    >
    > Jenn

    Stick with medical,your chances of finding and marrying a rich doctor goes
    way up if your in the profession.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Jenn

    ilmc Guest

    Re: Question about Computer Career

    Harrison typed:
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:53:30 +0100, John Holmes
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> ilmc came up with this:

    >>> Jenn typed:

    >>> May I re-enforce what "Harrison" said above?
    >>> Lots of people are (sort of) proficient with computers. Its the
    >>> application to specific areas of expertise, like medicine, that get
    >>> the jobs
    >>>

    >> I agree with that poast. I'm not happy in my current IT-job and it's
    >> hard to find another job. I should have sticked with medicine 15
    >> years ago.

    > So far, it's a one-sided contest.
    > I wonder how it would be if she'd cross-posted to a medical group?

    Probably recommend a hysterectomy
    ilmc, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Jenn

    ilmc Guest

    Sultan typed:
    > Jenn wrote in news:eek:eBSb.5807$:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from
    >> computer experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree
    >> and a web development degree. My background is 6-7 years of
    >> administrative experience. I work part-time right now doing web
    >> development (easy HTML stuff) for a company, and I'm attending
    >> school part-time. Would I have a chance in the computer industry if
    >> I get a web development degree? Or should I stick to the medical
    >> industry? Thanks!
    >>
    >> Jenn
    >>

    > Stick with medical,your chances of finding and marrying a rich doctor
    > goes way up if your in the profession.
    >
    > Sultan

    You are so non-PC.
    ROTF
    ilmc, Jan 31, 2004
  12. Jenn

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >This is really off topic, but I really need some feedback from computer
    >experts. I am really torn between a medical coding degree and a web
    >development degree. My background is 6-7 years of administrative
    >experience. I work part-time right now doing web development (easy HTML
    >stuff) for a company, and I'm attending school part-time. Would I have a
    >chance in the computer industry if I get a web development degree? Or
    >should I stick to the medical industry? Thanks!
    >
    >Jenn

    Definitely medical from an employment point-of-view. 40-50 yo's in
    medical (pharmacy, physio) have little prob getting jobs but try doing
    that in the IT sector ...

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Feb 1, 2004