    problem)?

    I've got an enigma here no one can figure out so far, and I have no idea who
    I should seek to solve it-- it might even baffle Mike M.!
    peace to all, Jul 2, 2003

  2. peace to all

    RussS Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    Well - what is your problem?

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jul 2, 2003

  3. peace to all

    Nick Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    What happens when you do a trace route? Have you
    checked to see if anyone has played a trick on you by
    editing your hosts file?

    I like to do that to co workers who use the company
    machines to access porn.
    --

    Nick
    A+, MCP
    Nick, Jul 2, 2003
  4. peace to all

    Crazymiclo30 Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    Are they blocking your domain, or you specifically. Have you called them to
    find out if that could be the case. Sometimes one person from a domain will
    spam someone and then the whole domain gets blocked.

    --
    crazymiclo
    A+, Network+, MCP

    Crazymiclo30, Jul 2, 2003
  5. peace to all

    peace to all Guest

    "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message
    > Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?
    >
    > Note, you can't access www.cotse.net reliably using an IP address. From
    > their site:
    >
    > 06/29 - If you are using ip addresses to connect to our services please
    > switch over to using names instead. If you use ip addresses you will have
    > frequent trouble connecting to our services due to the redundancy setup we
    > are working into place. Please contact helpdesk with any questions.
    >
    > Ping command won't help you or give any useful response, its not unusual

    for
    > pings to be blocked. Tracert uses ping to build the route displayed, and

    as
    > such is less than reliable as diagnostic tool when tracing to or through
    > firewalled systems.
    >
    > There are most likely only two possible problems, either its a
    > browser/software issue on your machine, or for some reason your IP address
    > or ISP has been blocked from the cotse.net domain.
    >
    > I would lean more towards the first one, for the quick fix, open Internet
    > Explorer, click on Tools, select Internet Options. Click the Security Tab
    > first, The Internet Zone will be selected, click the "Default Level"

    button,
    > click Apply. Click the Advanced Tab, click the "Restore Defaults" button.
    > Click Apply, click OK.
    >
    > You can also try contacting them directly to verify, that your ISP or your
    > IP address has not been blocked.

    I'm not being blocked by anyone.
    peace to all, Jul 2, 2003
  6. peace to all

    Pikoro Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    This is an interesting problem and one that I have encountered in users of
    satellite broadband connections.
    Please post what kind of connection you are using (dial-up, cable, etc.?).
    Please note that this site has enforced security strictly and might be
    blocking spoofed IP addresses.
    Please contact that hop where your connection is lost and let us know the
    outcome.

    > "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm not being blocked by anyone.

    > > And? did you read the rest of the rest of the post? DO you have cookies
    > > enabled? Did you try the IE reset.
    > >

    > Yes, cookies are enabled; tried the reset --- no solution there; can't

    reach

    Pikoro, Jul 3, 2003
  7. peace to all

    RussS Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    Guys - his problem is with one site in particular.

    Quote: "Web surfing works fine except for one site--- www.cotse.net--- I
    cannot
    reach the homepage at all. The site is fine-- everyone else who tries to
    reach it is successful."

    My suggestion ......

    Questions, comments, problems, mail to You will receive
    an answer within 24 hours.

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jul 3, 2003
  8. peace to all

    Pikoro Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    This is really confused.
    The essence of the Internet is that you can take different paths to reach a
    given destination.
    Thus, it is not coherent that a user gets stuck always at a certain place,
    the routers that manage traffic should be able to route differently.

    Pikoro, Jul 3, 2003
  9. peace to all

    RussS Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    Confused? Nope, not really. It appears that it is a problem with the host
    of a certain site - I think perhaps a homepage? More than likely a
    configuration problem.

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jul 3, 2003
  10. peace to all

    Pikoro Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    The post was not stating "that it is a problem with the host
    > of a certain site - I think perhaps a homepage?"

    It was stating clearly that it was a routing problem, therefore not
    applicable to internet connections.

    Pikoro, Jul 4, 2003
  11. peace to all

    RussS Guest

    Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    Evidently, it was some leftovers from the last firewall I had installed and
    then uninstalled-- now, I get to that site in a second!

    --
    RussS
    MCP W2K Pro & Server, A+, Net+

    http://www.techexams.net/
    RussS, Jul 4, 2003
  12. Re: Problem no one can solve so far

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:27:04 +1200, "RussS" <>
    wrote:

    >Evidently, it was some leftovers from the last firewall I had installed and
    >then uninstalled-- now, I get to that site in a second!

    I have seen that sort of thing in the past, but not for just one
    particular site. I suppose it is possible. Maybe if it happens again
    it would be appropriate to install and uninstall the firewall again,
    after making the appropriate changes in the firewall's settings. That
    has worked in the past for me.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 5, 2003