OT: prison break

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Hope, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Chris Hope

    whome Guest

    Re: prison break

    bittorrent maybe

    whome, Aug 3, 2006

  3. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Re: prison break

    whome wrote:

    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >>I forgot it was on last night and so didn't watch it. Anyone know
    >>where
    >> I can download a copy from?

    > bittorrent maybe

    Yep, trying that now.

    Chris Hope, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Chris Hope

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: prison break

    Chris Hope wrote:
    > whome wrote:
    >
    > > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > > > I forgot it was on last night and so didn't watch it. Anyone know
    > > > where
    > > > I can download a copy from?

    > > bittorrent maybe

    > Yep, trying that now.

    You should be able to find it alright. You might need to look here:

    http://epguides.com/PrisonBreak/

    To work out which episode number you need.

    Then go to www.isohunt is probably your best bet and just search for "Prison
    Break".

    Let us know how it goes. I have it on my HDD (Don't know which particular
    episode it was) so if you can't find it, when I've sorted my car problem, I
    could post it to you on CDR.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2006
  5. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Re: prison break

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> whome wrote:
    >>
    >> > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message

    >> > bittorrent maybe

    >> Yep, trying that now.

    > You should be able to find it alright. You might need to look here:
    >
    > http://epguides.com/PrisonBreak/
    >
    > To work out which episode number you need.
    >
    > Then go to www.isohunt is probably your best bet and just search for
    > "Prison Break".
    >
    > Let us know how it goes. I have it on my HDD (Don't know which
    > particular episode it was) so if you can't find it, when I've sorted
    > my car problem, I could post it to you on CDR.

    Useful sites - thanks. I'm currently downloading a few episodes :) but
    it's very slow (dunno whether that's the ISP's fault or just BT in
    general - but can try from another ISP at work tomorrow) so might have
    to try hunting down just this particular one, which turns out to be
    episode 8.

    Chris Hope, Aug 3, 2006
  6. Chris Hope

    steve Guest

    Re: prison break

    Chris Hope wrote:

    > whome wrote:
    >
    >> "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    >>>I forgot it was on last night and so didn't watch it. Anyone know
    >>>where
    >>> I can download a copy from?

    >> bittorrent maybe

    > Yep, trying that now.

    The gnutella network (Bearshare, limewire, eMule, gtk-gnutella, etc.....)
    seems to also have stuff you can't get on bit torrent.....though for TV
    shows from a wide variety of countries, bit torrent is pretty good.

    The French, Germans and Latin Americans have some interesting TV we will
    never see any other way....now I just need to improve my understanding of
    the respective languages. :)
    steve, Aug 3, 2006
  7. Chris Hope

    steve Guest

    Re: prison break

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Let us know how it goes. I have it on my HDD (Don't know which particular
    > episode it was) so if you can't find it, when I've sorted my car problem,
    > I could post it to you on CDR.

    Another way is to set up a mail server, give him a webmail or POP3
    login...and let him download an e-mail you sent to him - with attachment.
    Yes, you pay for the data.....but that would cost about the same as the
    CD-R and postage + petrol.

    Clark Connect Home is easy to install and set up. Took me 20 minutes all up
    and I had a linux-based server running (mail, web, ftp) that would have
    taken me most of a day to install and config any other way.
    steve, Aug 3, 2006
  8. Chris Hope

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: prison break

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > > Let us know how it goes. I have it on my HDD (Don't know which
    > > particular episode it was) so if you can't find it, when I've
    > > sorted my car problem, I could post it to you on CDR.

    > Another way is to set up a mail server, give him a webmail or POP3
    > login...and let him download an e-mail you sent to him - with
    > attachment. Yes, you pay for the data.....but that would cost about
    > the same as the CD-R and postage + petrol.

    Telecom are having their usual problems and I'm losing my disconnection
    regularly. Would something like that support 'resume'?

    Also, if I was going to go to the trouble of sending one CDR, I'd just send
    2 DVD-Rs with the whole season on them. :)

    > Clark Connect Home is easy to install and set up. Took me 20 minutes
    > all up and I had a linux-based server running (mail, web, ftp) that
    > would have taken me most of a day to install and config any other way.

    Ok, thanks for the info.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2006
  9. Chris Hope

    geopelia Guest

    Re: prison break

    steve wrote:
    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >
    > > whome wrote:

    snip

    > The French, Germans and Latin Americans have some interesting TV we will
    > never see any other way....now I just need to improve my understanding of
    > the respective languages. :)

    Can you get Triangle TV? (Auckland area)

    There are programs on there in French, German, and various Asian
    languages. I only learnt French in school (and have forgotten most of
    it) but a news-type program where they speak slowly is helpful.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 3, 2006
  10. Chris Hope

    jasen Guest

    Re: prison break

    On 2006-08-03, steve <> wrote:
    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >
    >> whome wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message

    >>> bittorrent maybe

    >> Yep, trying that now.
    >>

    > The gnutella network (Bearshare, limewire, eMule, gtk-gnutella, etc.....)
    > seems to also have stuff you can't get on bit torrent.....though for TV
    > shows from a wide variety of countries, bit torrent is pretty good.
    >
    > The French, Germans and Latin Americans have some interesting TV we will
    > never see any other way....now I just need to improve my understanding of
    > the respective languages. :)

    With a satellite dish it's possible to get the aussie SBS channel (and some
    other aussie TV) from the optus C1 satellite, it's an unencrypted PAL signal.
    they show lots of good foreign-language stuff, but first they add english
    subtitles.

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Aug 4, 2006
  11. Chris Hope

    jasen Guest

    Re: prison break

    On 2006-08-04, jasen <> wrote:

    > With a satellite dish it's possible to get the aussie SBS channel (and some
    > other aussie TV) from the optus C1 satellite, it's an unencrypted PAL signal.
    > they show lots of good foreign-language stuff, but first they add english
    > subtitles.

    I think I got the wong satellite there...

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Aug 4, 2006
  12. Chris Hope

    David Guest

    Re: prison break

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Let us know how it goes. I have it on my HDD (Don't know which particular
    >> episode it was) so if you can't find it, when I've sorted my car problem,
    >> I could post it to you on CDR.

    > Another way is to set up a mail server, give him a webmail or POP3
    > login...and let him download an e-mail you sent to him - with attachment.
    > Yes, you pay for the data.....but that would cost about the same as the
    > CD-R and postage + petrol.
    >
    > Clark Connect Home is easy to install and set up. Took me 20 minutes all up
    > and I had a linux-based server running (mail, web, ftp) that would have
    > taken me most of a day to install and config any other way.

    That would be quite a stupid way of doing it, because the base64
    encoding used in emails makes attachments much bigger than the original
    file (can't remember how much.) More intelligent would be to use FTP,
    HTTP, or some other transfer protocol. Servers for these are already
    built into your OS (if it's XP Pro,) but there are many free ones on the
    internet (which are probably safer than IIS). Certainly a lot easier and
    more practical than installing a whole OS.
    David, Aug 5, 2006
  13. Chris Hope

    Richard Guest

    Re: prison break

    David wrote:

    > That would be quite a stupid way of doing it, because the base64
    > encoding used in emails makes attachments much bigger than the original
    > file (can't remember how much.) More intelligent would be to use FTP,
    > HTTP, or some other transfer protocol. Servers for these are already
    > built into your OS (if it's XP Pro,) but there are many free ones on the
    > internet (which are probably safer than IIS). Certainly a lot easier and
    > more practical than installing a whole OS.

    Unless you are on a flat rate national traffic plan and email it to yourself
    from an offshore server via an isp mail account.
    Richard, Aug 5, 2006