    Can you imagine with this road saftey campaign seeing the Pm on a full page
    in the newpaper with the captions they have been running ,

    Jeremy
    Jeremy, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Jeremy

    JedMeister Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.

    JedMeister, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    Yes but by speeding she wants to kill you me The guy at the dairy,etc
    Ironic,

    Jeremy, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Jeremy

    Vogan Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > Yes but by speeding she wants to kill you me The guy at the dairy,etc
    > Ironic,
    >

    > "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    > > But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
    > >

    > > "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > > > Can you imagine with this road saftey campaign seeing the Pm on a full

    > > page
    > > > in the newpaper with the captions they have been running ,
    > > >
    > > > Jeremy

    Remember this govt's motto:

    Do as I say not as I do
    Vogan, Jul 20, 2004
  5. Jeremy

    colinco Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    In article <3T5Lc.2577$>,
    says...
    > But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.

    Correct

    Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
    (11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence against
    this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the act in
    respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor vehicle—

    (d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent public
    business, or conveying any other person authorised in that behalf by the
    Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the execution of his
    functions.
    colinco, Jul 20, 2004
  6. Jeremy

    JedMeister Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    I guess 'urgent' business is usually highly classified and top secret, so
    she can drive at her cars peak speed whenever she likes.

    "colinco" <> wrote in message
    In article <3T5Lc.2577$>,
    says...

    JedMeister, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Jeremy

    John B Guest

    colinco wrote:
    > In article <3T5Lc.2577$>,
    > says...
    >> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
    >>

    > Correct
    >
    > Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
    > (11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence
    > against this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the
    > act in respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor
    > vehicle—
    >
    > (d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent
    > public business, or conveying any other person authorised in that
    > behalf by the Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the
    > execution of his functions.

    The speed they can go is 120kph apparently.

    --
    John B
    John B, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    In article <ls6Lc.2595$>, "JedMeister" <> wrote:
    >I guess 'urgent' business is usually highly classified and top secret, so
    >she can drive at her cars peak speed whenever she likes.

    *SNIP*

    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what urgent business
    the PM would've been concerned with at the weekend.
    Hint: It involves lots of liquid sunshine and a state of civil
    emergency.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Jul 20, 2004
  9. Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    In article <ls6Lc.2595$>, "JedMeister" <> wrote:
    >I guess 'urgent' business is usually highly classified and top secret, so
    >she can drive at her cars peak speed whenever she likes.

    *SNIP*

    PS: Helen doesn't self-drive. She has DPS officers as her drivers.

    Matthew Poole, Jul 20, 2004
  10. Jeremy

    colinco Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    In article <Jz8Lc.9446$>,
    says...
    > colinco wrote:
    > > In article <3T5Lc.2577$>,
    > > says...
    > >> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
    > >>

    > > Correct
    > >
    > > Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
    > > (11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence
    > > against this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the
    > > act in respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor
    > > vehicle—
    > >
    > > (d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent
    > > public business, or conveying any other person authorised in that
    > > behalf by the Minister and engaged on urgent public business in the
    > > execution of his functions.

    > The speed they can go is 120kph apparently.
    >
    > --
    > John B

    It probably depends on the posted limit as you get charged with
    dangerous driving once you are so far over.
    colinco, Jul 20, 2004
  11. Jeremy

    Howard Guest

    colinco wrote:

    > In article <3T5Lc.2577$>,
    > says...
    >> But, she is allowed to speed as she is the prime minister.
    >>

    > Correct
    >
    > Traffic Regs 1976 21 Speed limits—
    > (11) It shall be a defence to any person charged with an offence
    > against this regulation if he proves that he was, at the time of the
    > act in respect of which he is so charged, the driver of a motor
    > vehicle—
    >
    > (d)Conveying a member of the Executive Council engaged on urgent
    > public business

    I wonder if they will need to specify the "urgent business" to qualify
    for that defence? If so, the rugby won't cut it!

    -H
    Howard, Jul 20, 2004
  12. Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    In article <f6gLc.2733$>, "Howard" <> was seen to type:
    (snip)
    >But it still underminds the impact of the speeding adverts, Clark was
    >prepared to kill Cantabrians in order to save Bay of Plenty-ians,

    Was she driving ?

    Bruce

    In short, what people think they want is news, but what they really crave
    is olds.
    Lord Vetinari, ¨The Truth¨ Terry Pratchet

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 20, 2004
  13. Jeremy

    JedMeister Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    ha ha was she going to get out her bailing bucket?

    JedMeister, Jul 20, 2004
  14. Jeremy

    Howard Guest

    Matthew Poole wrote:

    > It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what urgent

    business
    > the PM would've been concerned with at the weekend.
    > Hint: It involves lots of liquid sunshine and a state of civil
    > emergency.

    Good point about the floods.

    But it still underminds the impact of the speeding adverts, Clark was
    prepared to kill Cantabrians in order to save Bay of Plenty-ians,
    according to the logic of those adds. Which, I guess, only re-inforces
    the stupidity of those ads.

    -H
    Howard, Jul 20, 2004
  15. Jeremy

    JedMeister Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    you will find that she was due at the rugby.

    JedMeister, Jul 20, 2004
  16. Jeremy

    John B Guest

    Howard wrote:
    > Matthew Poole wrote:
    >
    >> It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what urgent business
    >> the PM would've been concerned with at the weekend.
    >> Hint: It involves lots of liquid sunshine and a state of civil
    >> emergency.

    > Good point about the floods.
    >
    > But it still underminds the impact of the speeding adverts, Clark was
    > prepared to kill Cantabrians in order to save Bay of Plenty-ians,
    > according to the logic of those adds. Which, I guess, only re-inforces
    > the stupidity of those ads.
    >
    > -H

    Floods? Howard... liquid sunshine is alcohol. The civil emergency was a game of
    rugby between NZ and Aussie ... Bledisloe Cup.

    --
    John B
    John B, Jul 20, 2004
  17. Jeremy

    Howard Guest

    John B wrote:

    > Floods? Howard... liquid sunshine is alcohol.

    If it is, then my bad. I was assuming that Poole was arguing in
    defence of Clark, as he is in other threads on this topic.

    And google doesn't help either, liquid sunshine seems to refer to rain
    as much as alcohol.

    -H

    > The civil emergency was
    > a game of rugby between NZ and Aussie ... Bledisloe Cup.

    Yes, that is/was my contention too.

    -H
    Howard, Jul 21, 2004
  18. Jeremy

    Tim Guest

    Re: Pm motercade speeding on holmes

    I didn't know she was playing.
    - Tim

    Tim, Jul 21, 2004
  19. Jeremy

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message news:cdksh5$9gs$...
    > I didn't know she was playing.
    > - Tim

    Ah, maybe the aussies need a bit of "mongrel" in the front row? HC would
    qualify - I wonder if she has an aussie grandparent?

    RJ out.
    Ryan Jacobs, Jul 21, 2004